• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Does the truth sting a little? ;)

planet-reach_00367492.jpg

It's super subtle but there's a difference. One is more of a space opera that takes a few cues from Alien, the other is about a bunch of improbably buff men cutting people in half with chainsaws and talking about football.

See, that's the problem. It feels very dude-bro to me. I mean I know Gears of War is on another level, but Halo, to me, fits into that bland, generic niche of games that only tailors to guys who enjoy shooting each other and tea bagging their enemies.

A matter of perspective, I suppose. Halo 4 looked good, I just never got around to playing it.

P.S. Are we starting a new thread or are we letting FakeGAF die?

Windam

Scaley member
See, that's the problem. It feels very dude-bro to me. I mean I know Gears of War is on another level, but Halo, to me, fits into that bland, generic niche of games that only tailors to guys who enjoy shooting each other and tea bagging their enemies.

A matter of perspective, I suppose. Halo 4 looked good, I just never got around to playing it.

We will persevere!

TrueGrime

We better be starting another thread.

When I played CoD and Rainbow Six we always played against an all girl clan called PMS. They were damn good. They also liked to tea-bag. They can't be dude bros!

I might just be biased; when I worked at Game Stop, we got the dude-broiest dudes that ever dudeded buying CoD and Halo and the like, and it totally turned me off to those games.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I might just be biased; when I worked at Game Stop, we got the dude-broiest dudes that ever dudeded buying CoD and Halo and the like, and it totally turned me off to those games.

When I worked at EBGames I didn't get any dude-y bro customers. There was this elderly couple who would buy intense JRPG's like Bayonetta though. Seems like the problem is that you live in America is all.

Fedora-wearers are into Zelda, doesn't stop me enjoying Link's Awakening.

At the same time?

Sounds good to me

...lol

When I worked at EBGames I didn't get any dude-y bro customers. There was this elderly couple who would buy intense JRPG's like Bayonetta though. Seems like the problem is that you live in America is all.

Fedora-wearers are into Zelda, doesn't stop me enjoying Link's Awakening.

Yeah, the area I was in was filled with typical muscle dudes and preteen boys, plus college guys. There are so many times I can hear "CoD is gonna be LEGIT" before my head explodes.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
102325-Tyrion-Lannister-dancing-gif-I-ugEK.gif

No goddamn idea what people are talking about in the Skype call right now.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Adam throws around fliff like a god-damn sultan and that's canon.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Ugh there's a lot of death core bands on tonight. At least get a good beat going instead of trying to be the loudest. Yeesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom