• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
If the SAO game can kill you, why can't you get other players pregnant too?

Tomat

I wonder if SAO cut down on teen pregnancies in the future.

SAO is tackling all the tough problems in our society but nobody even notices.

Most underrated show of the year; its depth surpasses Eva.

Kazzy

So does SAO know the players exact dick size?

I'm not sure if I'd want my video games knowing that.

image.php

Tomat

I bet there are hackers in SAO who put 99999 for their dick size stat.

Mandoric

Banned
I'd be curious to read a compilation of how people pandered to otaku in previous decades anyway. There seems to be a craft here that I never really paid much attention to. lol

Someone else can write it, I'd rather not end up on any (more) customs watchlists. :lol

Ahhh, that makes more sense then. The Joshiraku girls definitely look more gooey and moe...ey.
Given that SZS is done, is he going back to drawing for whatever he's doing next?

Nothing announced yet. He took a year or so off from Pocapoca to KnK, and then a year from KnK to SZS, so we'll probably start to hear something next spring.

Syrinx

Darker Than Black: Vol. 1 Ep. 1

Ended up settling on this. Before I go on, can I ask how the progression structure for this show works? What with the volumes and everything.

Anyway, I'm interested.
I really enjoy the dark tone of the show. I'm not too experienced with anime like this (or any anime, really), but the dark, bizarre, mysterious nature of this one seems to fit it well and I like it lots.

About the basic plot: so this wall, hell's gate, or whatever, has popped up and has given some people powers. Some of these guys are contractors, like the guy at the beginning and Jean. The police (and that Reaper dude) are hunting these guys. So...what does that make that other guy? The guy that moved in next to that doctor and helped get her out of trouble? He seems to have electrical powers, but doesn't seem to be a contractor. And I forget, why are they after that doctor again? I know that she did research on hell's gate, but I forget the reason she got chased by the police and the contractors. Yes, I'm a dumbass.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Ended up settling on this. Before I go on, can I ask how the progression structure for this show works? What with the volumes and everything.

Anyway, I'm interested.
I really enjoy the dark tone of the show. I'm not too experienced with anime like this (or any anime, really), but the dark, bizarre, mysterious nature of this one seems to fit it well and I like it lots.

About the basic plot: so this wall, hell's gate, or whatever, has popped up and has given some people powers. Some of these guys are contractors, like the guy at the beginning and Jean. The police (and that Reaper dude) are hunting these guys. So...what does that make that other guy? The guy that moved in next to that doctor and helped get her out of trouble? He seems to have electrical powers, but doesn't seem to be a contractor. And I forget, why are they after that doctor again? I know that she did research on hell's gate, but I forget the reason she got chased by the police and the contractors. Yes, I'm a dumbass.

WHY DIDN'T YOU WATCH FUMOFFU LIKE I TOLD YOU?!

Dresden

They're mostly standalone arcs, two episodes per, with a final, conclusive arc to close things out.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Also, lay off on Billiechu. I made the av as a bit of a joke and she's having fun with it. It's like you guys have never seen an anthro av in this thread before.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Someone else can write it, I'd rather not end up on any (more) customs watchlists. :lol
I smell a paper for someone taking a Japanese Culture major anyway. lol

Nothing announced yet. He took a year or so off from Pocapoca to KnK, and then a year from KnK to SZS, so we'll probably start to hear something next spring.
You know what would be "awesome"? If he just went straight to Shaft and worked with them from the ground up on a new franchise. lol

Dresden

I don't want to watch that until Full Metal Panic. Unless it's also standalone.

Damn, anime is complicated.

It's enjoyable as a standalone thing... but that might be due to me not having a high opinion anymore of the two other 'serious' FMP shows. I wouldn't worry about watching the other ones, you can just jump into Second Raid after.

PMMM doesn't even make it in the top 10 deepest shows of all time.

I think you might be forgetting the time when there was that thing in the thing in PMMM. Easily top 9.

oh icarus, we shall watch the lesbian basset hounds play until the sun comes down~

[H]Earth Maiden Arjuna[/H], Midori: Shoujo Tsubaki, Yami to Boushi and Blood-C

Are you watching the DVD version (16:9) or the TV version (4:3)?

get out
pretty sure its 4:3, its the only problem im having with the show.
in close ups so much of the faces are off screen.
never had this problem before.

Tomat

We should show GAF what anime is really all about by spamming the rest of this thread with doujins and moe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom