• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
But was anyone banned for it? No.

Oh, nobody was banned for it. I didn't mean gaffers who like anime are getting banned.

By war I meant trying to get people away from the idea that "anime = pedogarbage."

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Anime fans, man.

I can just imagine the reaction to
Mami's head.

There are people who laugh at inappropriate moments in virtually every film I've ever seen in theaters. Part of the reason that I just wait for home release for everything now.

Dresden

Kayos is right: KYH is the best and there is no debate. Uber capable, thoroughly badass, and not too afflicted by moments of overwhelming affection.

Her face is also flatter than her chest. DFF yo.

Zeroth

There are people who laugh at inappropriate moments in virtually every film I've ever seen in theaters. Part of the reason that I just wait for home release for everything now.

Iron Man's death in The Dark Knight Rises felt very anti-climatic with people laughing all the time :(

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Kayos is right: KYH is the best and there is no debate. Uber capable, thoroughly badass, and not too afflicted by moments of overwhelming affection.

I can tell when you're joking man. lol.

cajunator

Banned
Kawahara isn't just kinda moe. He's incredibly moe. It's no wonder that Cartman is so adorable. You write what you moe, after all.

I don't have any from other series, but I do have another Madoka one, because, you know, why not?

Oh my god this is fucking adorable!

Uh.... what's the umbrella?

Also... I don't even get it.

Oh my god this is fucking adorable!

Is anyone going to seriously answer me? Who is Ikuhara?

IKUHARAAAAAAAAAAA!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I feel like I've heard the phrase "I like the art, that's all" before.

i'm pretty sure her IRL chest is normal .. however her butterfly avatar doesn't have those curves.

Unless i'm imagining it ?

----------
To Love-Ru_ Trouble - Darkness - 03
I think the author did all the right things in "darkness" ..we finally have a character that isn't a running joke like the principal and that is also perverted!!

k5eahl.jpg

this like exactly what the show needed

PS: the censorship is just horrible

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Pierrot's worries go deeper than that.

I intentionally exaggerate my worries most of the time, but after the "cunt thread" debacle I do worry about the extent to which members can convince moderators that a certain GAF clique needs to be suppressed. The outcry against the "PC brigade" (which I'm not even sure was ever actually real) and the ensuing implementation of a policy specifically intended to silence people who behave within the bounds of the ToS but in a way unpopular with the majority of GAFfers is troubling.

Not that I expect any organized attempts to get us banned, of course, but ever since we dredged up Kabouter and EatChildren's statements in an old anime hate thread, moderation bias has been a fear for me.

Iron Man's death in The Dark Knight Rises felt very anti-climatic with people laughing all the time :(

I'm so glad there were only one or two other people at the screening I went to. If I ever have to watch a film in theaters in the future, I'm definitely not seeing it within the first two weeks of release.

Emitan

Besides I wouldn't be a duck anyway.

I intentionally exaggerate my worries most of the time, but after the "cunt thread" debacle I do worry about the extent to which members can convince moderators that a certain GAF clique needs to be suppressed. The outcry against the "PC brigade" (which I'm not even sure was ever actually real) and the ensuing implementation of a policy specifically intended to silence people who behave within the bounds of the ToS but in a way unpopular with the majority of GAFfers is troubling.

Apparently I was one of the people GAF is mad at.

wonzo

Banned
khy isnt a worthless waste of space like asuna so she's got that going for her i guess?? i dunno they're all shit characters from a shitty writer when you really get down to it

Folktales from Japan 30

Once upon a time, miserable rich people just couldn't appreciate the potential of cats turning into waifus, THE GONZO BUG and deaf gods were a prime example of the heavens pitiful safety net failing.

I know Dulce Report is pretty popular around these parts.
A truly fine work that should be required reading in schools.

OceanBlue

Not that I expect any organized attempts to get us banned, of course, but any kind of moderation shake-up usually leaves me uncomfortable for a while.
Wait, what? What happened here? Was it limited to certain OTs, or was it everywhere in Gaming side? I try to avoid contentious threads, so I think I missed something.

A.E Suggs

No one laughed during that part at the showing I went to. That scene wasn't all that good anyway and if I watched it again i'd probably laugh at the majority of the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom