• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Let me explain KnK 6 to those who don't get it yet. It is a desperate cry for help from KyoAni:

- Kuriyama represents KyoAni as a studio. Right now she is able to get by from day to day, but she's often hungry and wants more money.

- She is poor because she spends all her money on her bonsai plants, aka Hyouka, which no one appreciates.

- Her friends in the same industry advised her about a youmu target, aka otaku fanboys, worth a lot of money in an easy to reach location, aka light novel trash adaptations.

- While going after the target, she realizes that it's not as easy as it looks, because trying to succeed in this challenge can destroy your dignity, willpower, and social standing.

- In the end she fails because the lesson is that even if you are willing to degrade yourself to go after what looks like an easy target, if you don't really understand what you're doing and if you're poorly prepared and not passionate about your role, you'll just end up being a poor worthless smelly shit which no one wants to go near or talk to anymore.

RIP.
And not one mention of Kyoanus.

Nordicus

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! 4

At this point, even I am starting to get tired of some of the violence Mizuki and Minami use on Akihisa. Not the times when he does something perverted that simply can't be forgiven with an explanation, but rather, when the two girls are feeling either embarrassed or jealous. It gets old even if Akihisa is sometimes entertaining when punished.

Shouko can keep on dishing out the torture though, because there's nothing tsundere about her. Just crazy

Also, the cutest moment in the episode:

RJlto7c.jpg

Nagi No Asukara

Man, this show has such gorgeous music and visuals. The pseudo-3D backgrounds kind of throw me off sometimes but every episode has been pleasant to watch. Great stuff.

Looks like ish is about to hit the fan next episode. Hikari needs to grow up when it comes to Manaka. He's pretty alright otherwise.

fertygo

Hyouka - 06 (rewatch)

I still think this eps are overhated™ by people, they too focused with the bizarre "mystery" while the episode not even focused to that, the eps much more about the gang having fun with their amusing chat, and I do enjoy it.. Mayaka and Satoshi combo is perfect for launching funny moment. Chitandael LOL

Also I enjoying Oreki's character more and more, I never realize they did that good of job portraying his growth and inner conflict to Chitanda that almost felt so absurd to people like hi,

Kyousougiga 5

Dat flashback and dat ending sure got dark. there for a second.

Either ways another brilliant episode, Myoue was fantastic. This confirms my suspicions that young Myoue and girl Koto are the two that care about Old Myoue the most, being the humans, and the other two care about the mom the most as like the mom they are drawings.

Many questions came up this episode
What happened when Old Myoue was giving the beads to the younger one? They had a DNA symbol as they were going to the younger one, could this be why young Myoue looks so much like the old one grown up even though he had black hair as a kid?

Did he finally realize that Koto was somehow related to the father after the beginning and end comment?

What did he mean that after they find the mother he wants to die?

Man this show is fantastic, shame that the next episode is a live action special and not the actual episode 6.

edit: oh hey full member status :D

CorvoSol

Guys I'm pretty sure I'm going through a post Blood-C hangover this morning, and I still have to watch the movie . . .

Articalys

Romantic comedy, really now? Cause I've read some of the manga and it seemed more focused on the actual sport.
Congratulations, my fragile spirit has been crushed and broken into a million pieces. Also, I'm a tryhard now, huh?

I will try to stop adding superfluous descriptors in the future, though.
Are both of these Nobunagas male? I'm not sure that's entirely accurate!
Remember, you always still have this:

Branduil

Is this another instance of anime movies not having anything to do with their TV show counterparts? Cuz that'll suck, what with the kind of large cliffhanger the show ended on and all.

The movie does resolve the cliffhangers. It's just completely different in tone from the TV series, and full of irrelevant and boring scenes and characters. It does have a couple decent action scenes though, and the ending is hilarious.

CorvoSol

Vito posted the Nobunagun site update earlier. It is cool but here it is again: http://www.vap.co.jp/nobunagun/

But wait, there's more. Here's NOBUNAGA THE FOOL: http://www.nobunaga.tv/

Two Nobunagas. Two scifi crazy shows. All in Winter 2014!

Nobunaga the fool looks okay, although its gonna have CG robuts, innit?

The movie does resolve the cliffhangers. It's just completely different in tone from the TV series, and full of irrelevant and boring scenes and characters. It does have a couple decent action scenes though, and the ending is hilarious.

I'll give it a go anyway. Hope it isn't full of the world's worst censorship job. "Oh, this person is being ripped in two? GIANT BEAM OF LIGHT. Oh, there are chunks of flesh everywhere? PHOTOSHOP TOOL BLUR. That's not good enough? COLOR IT BLACK THAT'LL DO."

I hope whoever paid them to censor it got their money back.

I don't even watch the Nobunaga shows and I'm already tired of them.

Best Nobunaga is still the one from Pokemon.

duckroll

Here's a quick and dirty translated summary of Nobunaga the Fool's story blurb:

Eons ago an ancient super civilization linked the East and West stars by creating the Amanohashidate, but they fell into ruin and the connection was lost, and both planets created their own history. With the rediscovery of technology in the ancient civilization's ruins, the West star undergoes a renaissance, and a great war starts. Jeanne d'Arc has a vision of the Savior of the world being born, and she travels to the East star with Leonardo da Vinci, the observer of the world. There they meet Oda Nobunaga - the conqueror who seeks the power to change the world.

Caladrius

Actually does anyone have a list of the winter line-up?

And I hope DUELING KNIGHT MECHA can live up to that promo material. That's way too awesome to waste.

Branduil

I'll give it a go anyway. Hope it isn't full of the world's worst censorship job. "Oh, this person is being ripped in two? GIANT BEAM OF LIGHT. Oh, there are chunks of flesh everywhere? PHOTOSHOP TOOL BLUR. That's not good enough? COLOR IT BLACK THAT'LL DO."

I hope whoever paid them to censor it got their money back.

The movie has no censorship.

Just keep yourself entertained by remembering that the Japanese government paid them money to make the movie.

CorvoSol

Eons ago an ancient super civilization linked the East and West stars by creating the Amanohashidate, but they fell into ruin and the connection was lost, and both planets created their own history. With the rediscovery of technology in the ancient civilization's ruins, the West star undergoes a renaissance, and a great war starts. Jeanne d'Arc has a vision of the Savior of the world being born, and she travels to the East star with Leonardo da Vinci, the observer of the world. There they meet Oda Nobunaga - the conqueror who seeks the power to change the world.

I can't decide if the historical references make it sound more like Musashi Gun Doh or Escaflowne.

The movie has no censorship.

Just keep yourself entertained by remembering that the Japanese government paid them money to make the movie.

This is gonna be one of those movies, isn't it?

Jeanne Kaguya d'Arc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Jesus christ that is ten kinds of awful.

Hattori

Banned

Reminds me of the Happy Science films, I'm hyped though :)

Articalys

Actually does anyone have a list of the winter line-up?
Nobunagun
Tonari no Seki-Kun
Wooser S2
Wake Up, Girls!
Silver Spoon S2
Mahou Sensou
Sakura Trick
Hoozuki no Reitetsu
Nisekoi
Z/X Ignition
Space Dandy
Witch Craft Works
Sekai Seifuku
Wizard Barristers
Robot Girls Z
To aru Hikuushi e no Koiuta
Nourin
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
Maken-Ki! S2
Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga.
Noragami
Seitokai Yakuindomo S2
Oneechan ga Kita
Saki Zenkoku-hen
Nobunaga the Fool
Chuunibyou S2

And probably a couple of others that I'm forgetting.

jman2050

Beyond the Boundary 6

This is probably the "best" episode of this show so far, mainly because they just give up any pretense of it being anything besides a really dumb comedy. I like to think the smelly youma is a caricature of KyoAni's current fanbase.

I don't know, dumb comedy isn't really worth much if it isn't also funny, which this was not.

Kyousogiga 5

It keeps on delivering.

Kill la Kill 6

So it seems I'm the only one who wasn't really convinced with this episode. It seemed "off" to me. I think the problem was not choosing to do the duel in a serious/epic or humoristic/light hearted way, and it was part and part, so the first fight with a 3rd start lost some impact, I expected a bit more of it. And I don't care for that suit/armor design, left me cold.
It also was a bit iffy in animation, and interesting action choreography.

Articalys

I wonder if Black Bullet is also going to be Winter...
That's Kinema Citrus, right? There's not anything else they're slated for right now besides the Bushiroad special, so I guess it's possible, though it would kind of be a last-minute season announcement.

Kawamori brings the goods alright,

jman2050

If only they started with this at episode one, instead of making us endure four really boring episodes back to back. Perhaps they are finally committed to making an actually good anime now that they have a clear set goal in mind and are executing it properly. Cant wait to watch this in context.

Did your trolling algorithm malfunction or something?

CorvoSol

Escaflowne on much stronger drug.

True, considering it was all about
Isaac Newton wanting a little girl to fall in love with a grown man who had a son and was a known philanderer so that he could force the gravity of fate to align for things.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Let me explain KnK 6 to those who don't get it yet. It is a desperate cry for help from KyoAni:

- Kuriyama represents KyoAni as a studio. Right now she is able to get by from day to day, but she's often hungry and wants more money.

- She is poor because she spends all her money on her bonsai plants, aka Hyouka, which no one appreciates.

- Her friends in the same industry advised her about a youmu target, aka otaku fanboys, worth a lot of money in an easy to reach location, aka light novel trash adaptations.

- While going after the target, she realizes that it's not as easy as it looks, because trying to succeed in this challenge can destroy your dignity, willpower, and social standing.

- In the end she fails because the lesson is that even if you are willing to degrade yourself to go after what looks like an easy target, if you don't really understand what you're doing and if you're poorly prepared and not passionate about your role, you'll just end up being a poor worthless smelly shit which no one wants to go near or talk to anymore.

RIP.

Well, at least the OP is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom