• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amagi Brilliant Park 03

Well, I'm glad Kanye just cut the bullshit and did the most obvious idea. I guess KyoAni is trying to win back people from Free?

Show continues to be decent/good, better then I expected at the least
Also the Moffle and Kanye fight then 50 Cent shoots them joke was old already stop doing it 5 times an episode.

Madoka Rebellion

Um...

Hm...

Yeah...

It looks nice.

Homura did everything right

Garo - 03

Good to see Ema is a returning character, although not 'officially' in the gang.. yet. Had it not been for the Prince bit in the end I would have forgot he existed. Now we're introduced to this mystrious purple knight.
The end to the action scene felt like Darth Maul death, sudden and cheap. Curious to see the power of Zaruba
odY6Ju1.jpg
m1httur.jpg

Madoka Rebellion

Um...

Hm...

Yeah...

It looks nice.

I hate this movie. This is legit the only anime related thing that I actively despise. I'll say that SAO, the 00 movie, and other anime are really bad shows, but I've never brought myself to hate them.

This movie though, pretty much
ruined a series that had a perfectly fine ending that needed no sequel whatsoever.
I was in a state of absolute shock just from reading the spoilers of this movie alone.

Now SHAFT has to make another sequel sometime. Just so they can fix the mess they made.

I hate this movie. This is legit the only anime related thing that I actively despise. I'll say that SAO, the 00 movie, and other anime are really bad shows, but I've never brought myself to hate them.

ruined a series that had a perfectly fine ending that needed no sequel whatsoever.
I was in a state of absolute shock just from reading the spoilers of this movie alone.

Now SHAFT has to make another sequel sometime. Just so they can fix the mess they made.

How can you hate what gave us this?

http://a.pomf.se/tfvldb.webm

mankoto

Terra Formars 4
Counter attack begins. Didn't really like how the back story between the 3 was cut short, but it was just enough to let the viewer know they've known each other for a while I suppose. Well, at least this episode is viewable.

Nikodemos

Yeah I gotta admit, throughout the whole series I was like "ehhh", but then on the final episode I was like "holy shit this is/was amazing!".

First time I've seen a finale that retroactively makes the series better.
I can understand why people could consider it a difficult series, though. You have to remember a crapload of details and exposition pieces that are machinegunned in your general direction during the episodes.

Kansoku

I take you never watched Eureka Seven: Pocket Full of Rainbows.

Cwarrior

Parasyte 2

Anyone else getting Space Brothers vibes from the art style? I feel like a few of the characters look like they belong in that.

The character designs can fit in a lot of other animes thanks to having no style of there own.

Well it could be a lot worse it could of looked like type moon crap.

javac

I want to highlight all of these Rebellion spoilers...but to be fair it's not like I haven't been spoiled thanks to the
Devil Homura Figure
being posted everywhere.

mankoto

Selector Spread WIXOSS 3
The OP made it pretty obvious it would come to this, and now that it's here... Let the rollercoaster begin.

Selector Spread WIXOSS 3
NOOO TAMA! Why did you have to end up with Ulith. This is bad. This is really bad. This is really really bad.
I didn't see that coming. I thought it was going to be that Tama made her way back to Rukos card in a shared body type scenario where she would end up fighting Iona for control of the card.

Donten ni Warau - 03

Now things are happening. Middle bro is looking for ways to get Big bro approval and does something he really shouldn't be doing.
It's a neat wrap up with the end scene, directly addressing the first scene of the episode. And holy shit will I be mad if what was revealed is what I think it is
Big bro dead/demon
:(

Stulaw

Went to my Uni's anime society today, and almost every one we watched was one I hadn't seen.

Detroit Metal City 1-2

This is great, especially the manager I still want to know how the M.C ended up being in a Death Metal band 5 years after he left for Tokyo to write his own "Swedish Pop Music". The second episode gives the other parts of the band more time, and it's hilarious when he turns into his stage alter ego "Krauser",

Space Dandy 1

It's weirder than I expected, somehow reminds me of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Space Brothers 1

A lot better than I expected, I'll actually try to watch the whole thing on Crunchyroll when I have free time from Uni.

Monster 1

Dr. Tenma is a surgeon who seems to be unhappy with his life but is too afraid to change it, he follows the hospital director's orders to save an Opera singer one day instead of a Turkish man who really needed him (since he's the best surgeon in this German hospital), after the Turkish man's wife grabs him and shouts at him for not saving her husband, he starts to doubt himself until he finally flips at the end when the Director tells him to save the mayor instead of a young boy who's been shot in the head (with his Parents murdered, and his twin sister in a shocked state saying "Kill" repeatedly).

Daily Lives of High School Boys (don't know which episode)

This had its funny moments, it has Tomokazu Sugita as one of the voice actors, and it seemed in this episode he had the most lines, which was great, but I can't help but hear Gintoki or Kyon. Still, it was funny, especially the girl with the mole on her back, Tadakuni's Sister a and the "High School Girls are Funky" part.

Other than that, there was Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure episode 4(frog punching Zeppidi), so a pretty good night.

Went to my Uni's anime society today, and almost every one we watched was one I hadn't seen.

Detroit Metal City 1-2

This is great, especially the manager I still want to know how the M.C ended up being in a Death Metal band 5 years after he left for Tokyo to write his own "Swedish Pop Music". The second episode gives the other parts of the band more time, and it's hilarious when he turns into his stage alter ego "Krauser",

Space Dandy 1

It's weirder than I expected, somehow reminds me of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Space Brothers 1

A lot better than I expected, I'll actually try to watch the whole thing on Crunchyroll when I have free time from Uni.

Monster 1

Dr. Tenma is a surgeon who seems to be unhappy with his life but is too afraid to change it, he follows the hospital director's orders to save an Opera singer one day instead of a Turkish man who really needed him (since he's the best surgeon in this German hospital), after the Turkish man's wife grabs him and shouts at him for not saving her husband, he starts to doubt himself until he finally flips at the end when the Director tells him to save the mayor instead of a young boy who's been shot in the head (with his Parents murdered, and his twin sister in a shocked state saying "Kill" repeatedly).

Daily Lives of High School Boys (don't know which episode)

This had its funny moments, it has Tomokazu Sugita as one of the voice actors, and it seemed in this episode he had the most lines, which was great, but I can't help but hear Gintoki or Kyon. Still, it was funny, especially the girl with the mole on her back, Tadakuni's Sister a and the "High School Girls are Funky" part.

Other than that, there was Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure episode 4(frog punching Zeppidi), so a pretty good night.

your uni has good taste.

mankoto

Selector Spread WIXOSS 3
NOOO TAMA! Why did you have to end up with Ulith. This is bad. This is really bad. This is really really bad.
I didn't see that coming. I thought it was going to be that Tama made her way back to Rukos card in a shared body type scenario where she would end up fighting Iona for control of the card.
I know how you feel. When I originally saw the OP, I screamed no when I saw Tama and Iona fighting. I just had a really bad feeling. Then looking at the OP the second time and noticed the implication that Tama would be with Ulith killed me.

Wixoss 3
Saw that coming.
They really like that Juxtaposition between Selectors and LRIGs. I am wondering what Utlith is trying to accomplish becoming a Selector presumably again

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Garo - 03

Good to see Ema is a returning character, although not 'officially' in the gang.. yet. Had it not been for the Prince bit in the end I would have forgot he existed. Now we're introduced to this mystrious purple knight.
The end to the action scene felt like Darth Maul death, sudden and cheap. Curious to see the power of Zaruba

What did the MC's father realize about the women that (I and) the MC didn't about her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom