• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

How about they put out something good like Hyouka instead.

I find it VERY unlikely that Funimation would release Hyouka. They specialize in action and fanservice anime.

Personally I think that if anyone were to release it, it would be either Sentai or NISA.

I really hope Ishida Sui the Author of Tokyo Ghoul can make season 2 a hell lot better than season 1. By salvaging the stupid shit that Studio Pierrot did to the anime. Though considering the writing in Tokyo Ghoul's manga is amazing I'll believe.

So please Ishida make season 2 great.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ibgyC07Bn4J3LX.png

so smart
highfive.gif

Laughing Under the Clouds Episode 3 Second Brother, Undercover in Prison

When Sora-nii grapped his brothers cloak at the start, really lovely and touching scene. As a Sora fan, one of the best episode thus far. Lackey scene was good too for him.

GARO THE ANIMATION Episode 3 -ZARUBA-

Now we just need Alfonso to step to the plate.

Best episode so far, though the action scenes are at times not as entertaining as teen Leon scenes in these social situations, lol

Midonin

CR has filled in all their boxes, and Amagi is not among them. It's rare to see one of the series in the TBS anime block not picked up (at least not yet), but it looks like I'm spending this weekend catching up. Don't want to miss the zeitgeist.

GrandHusk

Twintailes 1
This SHOW!
I didn't know if cry or laugh so I did both at the same time.
will continue watching only for the lols!!
Bahamut 1-2
Personal favorite anime of the season, this show has been a nice surprise, awesome MC, great animation and great pacing so far, but I'm not sure if it can continue kicking ass when all the story elements starts to roll in. Hope I'm wrong. *crosses fingers*
Amagi 1-3
Will continue only because I like the characters.
Chapter two was a highlight with all the mascot drama.

I'm going to post most impressions of others shows later.

Midonin

Fairy Tail 204

Entirely a showcase for the spirits, with Natsu, Lucy, Happy, Yukino and nobody else. Seeing Aquarius' past with Lucy was cute, and everybody got to do their bit. I understand the reason for it, though. Another anime-original arc revolving around Lucy begins now, and that means the Spirits need to be seen in their normal state before everything goes wrong. No idea how long this is going to last. OP is alright, even if the chorus repeats twice. ED is pretty catchy. I've always liked the spirits as a support cast, so having an arc based around them is okay with me. Doubly so if this means another appearance from Wakamoto.

fertygo

I know there is reasonable complaint about GBF Try so far, but man I really hyped about the show right now.. I feel the potential is so high with Sekai as protag, dude is very striking with his gimmick, and had that capable look to carry the show a la Simon.. and the OP indicate some very interesting set-up like his mysterious master and multiple rival.

Damn kinda made me wish they kept the individual fight.. concept like this usually very prone to made you to rooting other character, even in GBF S1 but I already stanning hard for Sekai already., its a good sign.

Ojamajo Doremi -26

While this episode didn't go in the direction I thought it would, it still introduces something interesting.

So now this show is going to go full-on MOTW. In a sense, anyway. We now have these "cursed card" things that possess other things and basically give people the opposite of what they want when the object they possess is in a fixed range from them.

So yeah, I don't have anything against MOTW scenarios. If I did, I wouldn't have watched GaoGaiGar, haha. In any case, it should be interesting to see where they go with this.

Shergal

Ojamajo Doremi -26

While this episode didn't go in the direction I thought it would, it still introduces something interesting.

So now this show is going to go full-on MOTW. In a sense, anyway. We now have these "cursed card" things that possess other things and basically give people the opposite of what they want when the object they possess is in a fixed range from them.

So yeah, I don't have anything against MOTW scenarios. If I did, I wouldn't have watched GaoGaiGar, haha. In any case, it should be interesting to see where they go with this.

Yeah, about those cursed cards... don't get too caught up in it.

Yeah, about those cursed cards... don't get too caught up in it.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I'm assuming you think that I'm assuming that it's going to go full-on action? Lol, don't worry.

I understand that those things are basically only there so the girls will always have a new problem to face, with someone having misfortune done to them and the girls having to help them out, that sort of thing.

Hi-Scool! Seha Girls - 2

Ahahahahahah that OHKO spam. And that
Sakura Wars reference at the end.

Yeah I think I'm gonna continue to look forward to this show. This is funny, cute, and I really like the concept of this.

Though I'd probably like it more if it was Nintendo and not Sega. That way I'd recognize the games in this a little bit more, haha.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi -26

You don't have to worry about MOTW.

Shergal

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I'm assuming you think that I'm assuming that it's going to go full-on action? Lol, don't worry.

I understand that those things are basically only there so the girls will always have a new problem to face, with someone having misfortune done to them and the girls having to help them out, that sort of thing.
Well, let's just say the show itself doesn't get too caught up in it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I feel really bad for Poe. She gets all of the worst cuts in this show.
iYop7Rhr6agwA.gif

lik dis if u cry everytim

I don't feel it. And what is with this dubstep stuff? Who thought that was a good idea.

The sound design is weird. I'll give you that.
But I think Shinichi is relatively unchanged from the Manga right now, and he has course to be whining given his situation. He's handling it pretty well.

Branduil

Chaika: Avenging Battle 2

i99SAwvH9TV06.jpg
ibmQBcI758dvin.jpg

ixLkTudePL9yP.jpg
ibfUtiLQ9jGH9T.jpg

If I ever ransack a castle I'm just going to throw paper all over the place for no real reason.
Last image is the Chaika motto.

Not a whole lot to say, other than that the show continues to skate smoothly along the well-worn path of unambitious competence. Maybe Vivi can have more than one character trait now that she has a new look.

sonicmj1

Amagi Brilliant Park 3

I liked parts of this episode, but that commercial shoot... I dunno, man. The camera could have been pervier, but those long, full-body shots remind me way too much of that one episode of Senran Kagura that I watched.

It'd be cool of Kanie and Sento had a competition to see who could bring the most people to the park, and the loser would have to leave the park for good. It'd be just like real life.

Psycho-Pass - 04

So, uh, yeah this was... interesting. It felt like I was watching online-into-real-life drama (like 4chan when they offend someone) shit but in the future. And that death scene was interesting as well (if a bit comical?).

Shergal

Shirobako 1-2
As a curiosity program dealing with the actual practice of commercial anime production and the kind of people you can find within the industry, this is the most engaged I've been with anything this season. I've never been to an anime studio, obviously, but the depictions of what transpires in there feel pretty true to the real thing, barring some obvious exaggerations. The escalation of enthusiasm in the meeting was hilarious to watch, having in the back of my head that there's no way this will end well. The next episode already talks about recaps lol.

Details, like the sakkan for an episode having reservations about a fellow animator doing an important scene in his episode, the old in-house animator available at the studio not being asked to do the crucial cut because "he'd never do moe anime" therefore fucking up the production even more and also fucking up a fellow coworker's health, or the personality clashes between the staff affecting matters, seem like they could easily be anecdotes from Mizushima's career.

I'm still not sure how this holds up as a show. With 26 episodes, they can surely do it, but the amount of characters is staggering and they've barely touched upon the leads besides the production runner MC (don't remember the name lol). I almost would like to see all the nitty-gritty minutiae about production being done in the form of a documentary, trying to retain some of the humour but without being burdened by having to develop characters and narratives that I'm not sure will be all that engaging.

G-Reco 04

This episode feels total cheese, from the 80s Saturday Morning Cartoon super robot fights to the pirates who don't do anything, and I love it for it. A whole lot of terms are getting thrown with nary a care for an explanation. I do hope they put out a show Bible to explain half this shit.

cajunator

Banned
Of the three non-Fate VNs, it has the most fun atmosphere. Bright color palette, lots of comedy, it's about a school club in the library that helps people out. They're hinting at some kind of overplot, but the original VN did come from the same people who made Brighter Than the Dawning Blue, so that should give you some indication of its general tone.

I liked the start of Grisaia. What was the other VN?
Also I own Brighter than the Dawning BLue (with the cutie Feena) on DVD so I know what thats like.

Amagi Brilliant Park: 03

That is the face of someone who loves their job...

Amagi probably has creepy animatronics like that pizza place that closed down.

Terra Formars - 04

RIP everyone, they're dropping like flies! Pretty cool episode with the back and forth stealing of technology. We shark/killer whale now!

Parasyte has both upstaged this show and made it irrelevant.

Shirobaka 1

but will it be crazier than the last episode of golden boy?!

Nothing can top that episode. Shirobako is very very good though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom