• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haikyuu! 11:
So does the manager exist solely for being leered at by guys? Some of these jokes are wearing a bit thin, especially given that she hasn't exhibited even the slightest hint of a personality to date. The setter for Nekoma also seems annoying. I hate characters whose voices are so soft that you can barely hear them. It's a really annoying trait.

Hopefully this match will deliver. The training for it had some funny moments, and I loved the scenes with Hinata and Tanaka thinking there was a ghost hanging around. It's going to be the first match with an ideal lineup for them.

Anything good this season? A quick glance has left me wanting.

Shirobako
Your lie in April
Parasyte
Gundam Reconguista in G
Akatsuki no Yona

Jarmel

Banned
Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru-1
1413492773017.jpg
This is Madoka without Shaft/Urobuchi. The scriptwriter for this is Makoto Uezu who actually is pretty good. He did School Days, Humanity has Declined, My Bride is a Mermaid, Kamisama Dolls, Carnival Phantasm, and Katanagatari. The music is obviously reminiscent of Kaijiura's work in Madoka with the heavy emphasis on vocals in the later half. I know the director Seiji Kishi, for Carnival Phantasm and My Bride is a Mermaid. I've seen Kamisama Dolls as well and thought a number of scenes in there were pretty well directed. So the staff behind this are for the most parts capable.

The episode itself is pretty slow but it picks up in the 2nd half. The 2nd half has some really great magical girl transformation sequences and smoke effects. The characters are CGI at times when they're jumping around, which is sort of weird but it's not a big deal at all.

Honestly I'm not sure what to make of it, as there was a sense of isolation and otherworldliness similar to Madoka in the 2nd half but I don't know if that's enough for a full 13 episodes.

Haikyuu! 11:
So does the manager exist solely for being leered at by guys? Some of these jokes are wearing a bit thin, especially given that she hasn't exhibited even the slightest hint of a personality to date. The setter for Nekoma also seems annoying. I hate characters whose voices are so soft that you can barely hear them. It's a really annoying trait.

Hopefully this match will deliver. The training for it had some funny moments, and I loved the scenes with Hinata and Tanaka thinking there was a ghost hanging around. It's going to be the first match with an ideal lineup for them.

Shirobako
Your lie in April
Parasyte
Gundam Reconguista in G
Akatsuki no Yona
The manager never really gets any characterization.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Pretty Cure Splash Star 01 - 03

They really didn't stray very far from the Futari wa formula with this show, did they?

You have to love that Toei trashed two of its most popular and profitable characters ever for essentially no reason at all. I like to theorize that it was the beginning of puritanical Toei and that having protagonists in high school was suddenly verboten. There's a bizarre association between physical maturity and evil that runs through the entire franchise.

Splash Star finds its identity, but it takes about a third of the series.

Gazoinks

F/SN 2 but really it's 3 because ufotable likes to mess with me

So I was watching this episode and it struck me that Shirou has really weird eyebrows? Like, he has the puffy bits and then they go into straight lines and trail waaaaay out and turn into zig zags. I think this might be a weird thing to focus on, but the exposition made me drift off a little.

Ok episode, but definitely too much exposition. Looking forward to the next, though.
Zerker!

Erigu

You mean for adapting the final season novels? Thought that was announced some time ago or at least hinted at.
They merely said they intended to adapt the whole series. Now, they've said they were working on Tsukimonogatari, i.e. the first book of the Final Season.

Jarmel

Banned
Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru-2

The older girl is going to die isn't she? The whole thing feels a bit too artificially happy.

I think only Rin has the goofy face.
But maybe hers is just the most noticeable and I haven't picked up on the other ones. Everyone else looks pretty fine to me.

fertygo

Ace of Diamond - 53

The worst example of player hiding injuries that I seen in sport anime, what the hell the point is beside massive ego from this scrub old brother, dude can easily replaced by brother that supposedly superior talent, but this douche prefer hiding shit and potentially cost his team the game. Fuck this guy yo.

Branduil

SAO - 15

some scenes were odd

I prefer the RPG setting compared to GGO, even though they are faeries.

Well yeah, that's because GGO is an awful setting where swords are superior to the game's namesake weapon and Kirito-sama is the only person to ever figure this out.

fertygo

Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru-1

This is Madoka without Shaft/Urobuchi. The scriptwriter for this is Makoto Uezu who actually is pretty good. He did School Days, Humanity has Declined, My Bride is a Mermaid, Kamisama Dolls, Carnival Phantasm, and Katanagatari. The music is obviously reminiscent of Kaijiura's work in Madoka with the heavy emphasis on vocals in the later half. I know the director Seiji Kishi, for Carnival Phantasm and My Bride is a Mermaid. I've seen Kamisama Dolls as well and thought a number of scenes in there were pretty well directed. So the staff behind this are for the most parts capable.

The episode itself is pretty slow but it picks up in the 2nd half. The 2nd half has some really great magical girl transformation sequences and smoke effects. The characters are CGI at times when they're jumping around, which is sort of weird but it's not a big deal at all.

Honestly I'm not sure what to make of it, as there was a sense of isolation and otherworldliness similar to Madoka in the 2nd half but I don't know if that's enough for a full 13 episodes.
Shirobako ruin any middling tier mahou shoujo for me, the screen instantly remind me to the fictional animu that they made.

when did geass turn good? bro plz? geass was awesome from the moment lulu appeared on the screen. now repent and go order some pizza hut.=D the ride only gets better.

Psycho-Pass - 11

Shit man, this show is like fucking Criminal Minds or something; why didn't anyone tell me about this show!?

I applaud this show for killing off
Akane's friend
, irrelevant as she was, being a friend of
Akane
would consist of her having plot armor, that doesn't look like the case so I'm all 100% mentally strapped on for this ride.

They merely said they intended to adapt the whole series. Now, they've said they were working on Tsukimonogatari, i.e. the first book of the Final Season.

Awesome! I look forward to adding this arc's BDs to my collection. I would like to own all of the anime adaptations from AoA, but I just decided importing the 18 LNs would be cheaper in the end. May purchase BDs for the Shinobu Time and Koyomi Vamp arcs when they are available.

JCG

Code Geass 11

How did Geass turn good?

Well, I'd say it's always had good content mixed in with the silliness (though I personally disagree with the notion that silly/crazy = bad). That will continue.

But yes, I guess it's not surprising that you'll tend to enjoy the parts of Code Geass that place outside of the school more than the others so far.

Dont worry, it gets shitty again real soon

and then eventually gets REALLY shitty

But then gets better and then eventually REALLY good again. It's a rollercoaster with many ups and downs.

Terraformars 4

Legit good episode. Not a single instance of censorship, cool beatdown (stylized, so the limited animation wasn't as big a deal), and an absolutely badass way of revealing the
Huntsman Spider
. This announcer is great.

Show may turn out to be decent after all.

Terra Formars

I'm a little curious about something that seems awfully strange about the writing and cast of this show.

Was this a timeline on earth where all the dark-skinned people on earth became extinct?

There's dark-skinned members on the crew. Of course the only prominent one (so far) is from the BUGS 2 mission which is covered by the OVA.

Psycho-Pass - 12

Figures that there would be a side-character-dedicated episode right after a major plot point for the main character(s) that was last episode, bleh. Otherwise it was enjoyable for what it is, back to Akane plox.

Oh yeah and I prefer the old ED.

Pretty Cure Splash Star 01 - 03

They really didn't stray very far from the Futari wa formula with this show, did they?

And Japan ends up treating it like shit as a whole, even if it was considerably better than Max Heart (not exactly a challenge) and one of the better seasons as a whole.

And still feels rather different comparing it to modern Precure.

xjEkCoh.png

Her face is slowly melting away

A fine avatar, someone should pick it.

Code Geass 12

Umm... Why is writhing to pictures of the princess? What?

You see, when a girl likes another girl in a certain way, in private she will take a table and...

Code Geass 11

No sign of student council.

The lol-random student council / high school episodes put in the middle of a freaking war drama are the best. The worst. I can't decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom