• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vito

Banned
Wow, the SAO illustration is lovely (*wipes his yuri goggles*):

Especially after the ED single one was a bit meh.

jbug617

Banned
Only a few more weeks until Kurobas, I hope it will keep getting official art after it ends.

some screens are out for the first episode.

GqrG8l9.jpg

O60PspE.jpg

There some more but I don't want to spoil anything

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...n-1st-episode-synopsis-images-unveiled/.81899

Stulaw

Trinity Seven 10

Two episodes left (manga spoilers inside)
And it's still following the manga perfectly, and the end of the arc should be perfectly in line with the last episode. Can't wait for Rogue vs Levi and Liese
I hope this gets a second season, maybe with a bigger budget.

Midonin

There was talk of the best female character of the season (with Cross Ange as the catalyst) a few days ago, so I'd like to propose something. The best male character of the season is Leona West from PriPara.

EH7QlU1.jpg

Devoted to his older sister Dorothy (or rather, Dorothy is protective of him), he goes to school in a male uniform and lives the life of an idol in the independent city-state/theme park that is PriPara. While Lala and company were surprised that Leona was a dude at first, now it's accepted and nobody's really bothered by it. If he wants to wear pastel-colored outfits and sing with his sister and Shion, who's going to stop him? He's secure in his identity, and a great friend to everyone, especially Sophie. Breaking down gender roles and being a pretty good singer, on top of that. Tension relax all the way.

The Cat Returns
I saw this last night along with My Neighbor Totoro with my school's Anime club.
Was a pretty interesting movie though Haru wasn't a very good character. Very by the numbers heroine. The interesting ones were Muta and the Baron. Muta, being very cynical yet dumb was pretty good for comical relief and with the reveal at the end
with him being a terror of the cat kingdom as Renaldo Moon
made him kind of cool. The baron was a pretty cool character, taking the idealistic characteristics of Haru and putting them to action. He did feel like kind of archetypal, but it made sense to me as he was a figurine come to life. The Cat King acting like a pimp was fairly funny. I liked him as a villain. He wasn't so much evil, moreso misguided and selfish. He played a very good opposite to the Baron. Overall, a pretty solid movie that felt sort of like a child-like adventure. Innocent, with no real evil, but thrilling.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There was talk of the best female character of the season (with Cross Ange as the catalyst) a few days ago, so I'd like to propose something. The best male character of the season is Leona West from PriPara.
Okay, I'll bite and actually watch PriPara.

Are you a bad enough dude to Stand Up To the Victory?

I know its next, and I tried watching 3 episodes of it years ago,

It's why I need a break.

planning on catching up on other anime to get them off the harddrive after sitting for years before moving on to either G (which I have not seen in years but is always good for a laugh) or jumping to Turn A which I keep hearing is good but never watched.

Trinity Seven 10

Great episode, though I feel I won't be happy with whatever ending they put in the next 2 episodes. However, I LOVE this song whenever it plays. The vocals reminds me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe Final Fantasy?
its very catchy IMO and I like it. I do hope the sales are well enough for a second season when there is enough sources material. I believe the season will end around ch 29 of the manga. As of now, there are 48 chapters release.

Firemind

Just wondering if someone will post of anime stuff to look at from the right stuff sales from day 1 to 13. Seeing the sales is making me spending tons of money and I am slowly making a 2nd list of anime i am trying to get for the sale. Basically a list of anime people should watch from the sale that is happening right now.

IMO the best deals are

W1: Kobato S1, S2 DVD (7.99 each, 24 eps total), Princess Tutu DVD (12.99, 26 eps)
W2: Moribito DVD (7.99, 26 eps)
W3: Golgo 13 DVD (28.99, 50 eps)
1: MM! DVD (8.99, 12 eps), Nyan Koi DVD (8.99, 12 eps)
2: Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere S1, S2 BD (24,49 each, 26 eps total)
3: Kurenai DVD (17.49, 12 eps), Taisho Baseball Girls BD (20.99, 12 eps)
4: Grave of the Fireflies BD (10.49), Ouran High School Host Club (19.99, 24 eps), Shiki DVD/BD (13.99, 24 eps), Summer Wars DVD/BD (11.99), Tokyo Magnitude (24.49, 11 eps)
5: Birdy the Mighty Decode DVD (11.99, 26 eps), Infinite Stratos BD (24.49, 12 eps + OVA), Kids on the Slope BD (24.49, 12 eps)
6: Battle Royale BD (7.99), Kämpfer BD (23.99, 12 eps + 2 OVAs), Linebarrels of Iron DVD (11.99, 24 eps + 2 OVAs), Pet Girl of Sakurasou S1, S2 BD (20.99, 23.99, 24 eps), Wolf Children DVD/BD (13.99)
7: Fate/Stay Night 1/2 BD (16.99 each, 24 eps), Mushishi DVD (11.99, 26 eps), Ninja Scroll BD (8.74)
8: Eureka Seven 1/2 BD (17.99 each, 50 eps), Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo DVD (11.99, 24 eps), Kino's Journey DVD (11.99, 13 eps), Samurai Girls BD (24.49, 12 eps)
9: Black Lagoon DVD/BD (21.99, 24 eps), Ghost in the Shell 2.0 BD (7.99)

Didn't list Anime Classics because I want the BD version of Baccano darn it!

Clov

Good luck with that; you'll have to find it second-hand. Aniplex's BD isn't very likely to get reprinted.

Given that Baccano was an SD production, you honestly might as well just get the DVD. The upscale on the BD version isn't bad by any means, and it does look somewhat better than the DVD version, but it's not a huge difference from what I've seen. Finding the BD second-hand would probably cost you a lot more money for a minimal boost in quality.

cajunator

Banned
Should I be happy that the only Fate things I've watched were both seasons of Prisma Illya?

Well Fate Zero is great but Prisma Illya is really fun so thats not a bad choice.

The fan base likes virgin blonde-haired ice queen anime waifus. Its pretty simple, really.

The problem with her character is that literally nothing she does makes a lick of sense and this problem gets worse when you get through her character arc, not better. Seriously, there is no cogent reason why Saber wants to redo the selection, and for some insane reason none of the other characters ever tell her how dumb her motivation is, nor the fact that England is still a thriving first-world country. Ironically, several characters tell Shirou off for his weird shonen-hero acts, yet Shirou is considered a way worse character than Saber is for some reason.

Saber became my favorite largely because of Fate stay Night and Im not ashamed to admit it. Something about her design and how she presents herself (away from Shirou) really struck a chord with me. I even use a lovely wallscroll of her to cover up the gaping hope in the hallway wall.

Never been much for Saber but I like her more now just to balance things out. The venom in those posts are unreal.

Yeah I honestly havent seen this much hate for Saber ever. Actually this is the first hate Ive actually seen of her. Its been near unanimous love.
Next youll tell me someone hates Rin!

Does anyone else sometimes drop a show halfway just to pick it back up once all of the episodes have aired?

We only have a Chapters here so I'm not sure what other book store chains there are in other countries. With the move to more online materials I guess book stores aren't doing as well as they have compared to pre e-book times.

I still think having a physical copy is the best way to experience manga though. I prefer it over an e-book version.

For the same reason that many shows (English ones too) have characters speak in one language even if they come from different countries or areas of the world where the primary language being used isn't taught. Unless you're going for historical accuracy/realism it usually isn't worth it.

Sometimes if a show is really enjoyable I will put it on hold until I have the whole series to watch.
I did that with Steins Gate and Accel World.
Sometimes stories are just too good to punctuate with a weekly episode wait.

Fight! Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!! - 03

This show is so... so lewd. XD

Oh man. Lewd doesnt begin to describe. but its so adorable. I bought it at Best buy lol. I wonder if any unsuspecting people bought the remaining copies on a whim. Wont they be surprised!

Not anime, but in my Japanese class we watched Sukeban Deka: Code Name = Saki Asamiya . It was, interesting, I guess. Kind of want to watch the first two now but I doubt they're streaming anywhere legally.

Man, this OVA series is something else. One of the first anime shows I watched actually. Very fond memories of it and of my old friends who have since moved on to other things in life.

Yeesh, I didn't know people despised Saber this much. I mean, I think her design is (blonde, virgin, etc.) is pretty hilarious and her motivations are kind of dumb but she was always kind of whatever. I'm don't know much about that kind of history but wasn't Britain conquered by outsiders after her rule? I could understand her wanting to prevent that from happening, regardless of the current state of the UK.

I didnt think she was hated much and I still dont. Shes easily one of the most popular characters in Fate and there is a TON of merchandise of her. I know I have spent a small fortune on Saber related stuff over the years.

GFB's Chloe is getting a Nendoroid!

Even better, this Nendo (and the Kokomi one, but Chloe is more interesting) comes with a speech bubble that plays actual voice clips. So you can hear Sakura Tange playing a French person attempting to speak Japanese all you want.

I did not just buy this.

I found myself extremely bored with The Wind Rises, maybe this movie will be more up my jam. Will give it a watch.

My roommates just got The Wind Rises. Ill probably watch it this week.

B Gata H Kei 9

Somebody just cover their genitals with duct tape. They don't need them.

LOL
Most awkward relationship ever. Yamada <3

Aniplex & Key are joining up for a new project, oh boy: http://otakomu.jp/archives/190743.html

This is going to be special. That can be interpreted several ways :)

Firemind

The Cat Returns
I saw this last night along with My Neighbor Totoro with my school's Anime club.
Was a pretty interesting movie though Haru wasn't a very good character. Very by the numbers heroine. The interesting ones were Muta and the Baron. Muta, being very cynical yet dumb was pretty good for comical relief and with the reveal at the end
with him being a terror of the cat kingdom as Renaldo Moon
made him kind of cool. The baron was a pretty cool character, taking the idealistic characteristics of Haru and putting them to action. He did feel like kind of archetypal, but it made sense to me as he was a figurine come to life. The Cat King acting like a pimp was fairly funny. I liked him as a villain. He wasn't so much evil, moreso misguided and selfish. He played a very good opposite to the Baron. Overall, a pretty solid movie that felt sort of like a child-like adventure. Innocent, with no real evil, but thrilling.
Have you seen Whisper of the Heart? If not, tell your club to watch it! Very inspirational, especially if you're in college/university.

Good luck with that; you'll have to find it second-hand. Aniplex's BD isn't very likely to get reprinted.

Given that Baccano was an SD production, you honestly might as well just get the DVD. The upscale on the BD version isn't bad by any means, and it does look somewhat better than the DVD version, but it's not a huge difference from what I've seen. Finding the BD second-hand would probably cost you a lot more money for a minimal boost in quality.
ffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Thanks. Guess I'll add it to the basket. sigh

John Blade

IMO the best deals are

W1: Kobato S1, S2 DVD (7.99 each, 24 eps total), Princess Tutu DVD (12.99, 26 eps)
4: Grave of the Fireflies BD (10.49), Ouran High School Host Club (19.99, 24 eps), Shiki DVD/BD (13.99, 24 eps), Summer Wars DVD/BD (11.99), Tokyo Magnitude (24.49, 11 eps)
5: Birdy the Mighty Decode DVD (11.99, 26 eps), Infinite Stratos BD (24.49, 12 eps + OVA), Kids on the Slope BD (24.49, 12 eps)
6: Battle Royale BD (7.99), Kämpfer BD (23.99, 12 eps + 2 OVAs), Linebarrels of Iron DVD (11.99, 24 eps + 2 OVAs), Pet Girl of Sakurasou S1, S2 BD (20.99, 23.99, 24 eps), Wolf Children DVD/BD (13.99)
7: Fate/Stay Night 1/2 BD (16.99 each, 24 eps), Mushishi DVD (11.99, 26 eps), Ninja Scroll BD (8.74)
8: Eureka Seven 1/2 BD (17.99 each, 50 eps), Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo DVD (11.99, 24 eps), Kino's Journey DVD (11.99, 13 eps), Samurai Girls BD (24.49, 12 eps)

They're some on that list I add on my 2nd purchase. If anyone care, here are my list on my purchase for now. The 1st purchase will went through but the 2nd batch will be the one I am slowly trying to add up. This will be my one year buying spreed on anime right now.

1st order
And Yet The Town Moves DVD Complete Collection
Clannad After Story Blu-ray Complete Collection
Clannad Blu-ray Complete Collection
Clannad: The Motion Picture DVD
Emma: A Victorian Romance Season 1 DVD Collection (S) - Litebox
Emma: A Victorian Romance Season 2 DVD Collection (S) Limited Edition
Garden of Words, The Blu-ray
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig DVD Set (Anime Legends)
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex DVD Set (Anime Legends)
Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing DVD/Blu-ray Part 1
Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing DVD/Blu-ray Part 2
Le Portrait de Petite Cossette DVD
Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise Blu-ray
Serial Experiments Lain DVD/Blu-ray Complete Collection - Anime Classics
Tylor, Irresponsible Captain OVA Series DVD Collection Remastered
Watamote (No Matter How I Look At It...) Blu-ray Complete Collection
Sakura Wars TV DVD Complete TV Series
Grave of the Fireflies Blu-ray Remastered Edition
Someday's Dreamers II Sora DVD Complete Collection
Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water Blu-ray Complete Collection

UMD
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz UMD
Last Exile UMD

Sound Track
Yoko Ishida: All Of Me CD + DVD Extra
Bottle Fairy Image Album CD: Four Seasons

2nd Purchase
Black Lagoon DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series - Anime Classics
Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail OVA DVD/Blu-ray
Ai Yori Aoshi DVD Complete Series - Anime Classics
Madlax DVD Complete Collection
You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle DVD Complete Collection
You're Under Arrest Season 2 DVD Complete Collection
Summer Wars DVD/Blu-ray
Wolf Children DVD/Blu-ray
Ninja Scroll Blu-ray
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Blu-ray Complete Collection
Children Who Chase Lost Voices Blu-ray
Amagami SS Blu-ray Complete Collection
Amagami SS+ Blu-ray Complete Collection

Soundtrack
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Original Soundtrack CD

Clov

You're buying anime on UMD? I guess it'll be a neat collector's item in the future, and it's not very expensive. A bit unusual, though.

Have you seen Whisper of the Heart? If not, tell your club to watch it! Very inspirational, especially if you're in college/university.

Apparently they skip that because it's boring or something along those lines. I think I'll try to watch on my own some way though.

SDBurton finally got his game published on Steam, congrats!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/321950/
Why ..

Why did i laugh out loud ?

In a OVA that outs almost everyone in the harem as the sluts they really are.

Best girl remains best by just wanting to purely be by his side.

Shame they didn't add in the jealous Ichika scene.

No need to hide the fact that the dense idiot likes her more than anyone else.
Just so you know IS is not a perfect anime ( far from it ) but the anime really dumbed down the female cast as possible ..they are less "slutty" in the LNs ( or maybe that aspect isn't that obvious )
But i guess it's easier to sell merchandise if it's that way .

Trinity Seven 10

Great episode, though I feel I won't be happy with whatever ending they put in the next 2 episodes. However, I LOVE this song whenever it plays. The vocals reminds me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe Final Fantasy?

The music in trinity seven is one of the aspect of the anime that i don't dislike, indeed.

IMO the best deals are

These are ones I purchased

Trinity Seven - 10
This episode of trinity seven is brought to you by "tsundere 2K" , the best tsundere one can hope in a harem anime.

This was actually a good episode, i'm still bitter about the graphics BUT one must admit that this episode wasn't badly paced and everything that made trinity seven enjoyable , mainly the blanter between everyone in this case , including everyone "dere" mode.is IN

The truth about hijiri is now out , she is the
first/final story boss and a demon lord candidate!
Now that this is done , we can focus on everything else, that is the "good stuff" and i'm confident that T7 will manage to end this arc without messing things up ( everything since last week is not stop good stuff )

i guess there is a chance this anime adaptation will redeem itself in my mind.. They just have to not mess up the next 2 eps. Thankfully , the fact that they tease "her" means that they understand the importance of "that" character.

I've got a question regarding Gankutsuou. I've heard the Funimation SAVE release video quality is worse than the Geneon release. If so, how bad is it? Considering that Gankutsuou is defined by it's visuals, I'm wondering if the possible visual downgrade would ruin the experience.

Clov

I've got a question regarding Gankutsuou. I've heard the Funimation SAVE release video quality is worse than the Geneon release. If so, how bad is it? Considering that Gankutsuou is defined by it's visuals, I'm wondering if the possible visual downgrade would ruin the experience.

I actually haven't been able to find anything comparing those. I've looked, but haven't been able to find anything that shows the difference. Perhaps the difference is minimal?

Either way, it'll be better than the awful upscaled BDs it got in Japan. Ruined the visual textures completely.

wonzo

Banned
I actually haven't been able to find anything comparing those. I've looked, but haven't been able to find anything that shows the difference. Perhaps the difference is minimal?
i cant find the comparison thanks to the mania anime forum being wiped but it's a big difference. avoid at all cost

IS 2 OVA: World Purge Review
--

I didn't even know this was a thing that was coming out until, like, yesterday, but it is, and I watched it! IS is, of course, the absolute best awful harem show ever. (Not the best harem series ever, the best bad one that's so bad it's good!) This OVAS was good, and bad. It has some good part I liked, and some completely stupid stuff I greatly disliked, as usual for IS (and anime in general). Was it more bad than good? Eh, it's IS, so bad and good are kind of the same thing here, aren't they... :p

So, this OVA continues from the end of season 2 of Infinite Stratos. There are two basic elements to the OVA, a very fanservicey side to it that's got a bit more partial nudity and sexual themes than you'd see in the IS TV serieses, and some continuation of the overarching plot of the series. Since the is IS, of course the former part took up the vast majority of the 45 minute OVA. There was story here, though, and more than in most any episode of season 2 of the TV show.

The best thing that happens in World Purge is also the worst thing. Specifically, the OVA finally gets around to explaining why Russia falls in love with Ichika! Naturally, he saves her. The situation is RIDICULOUSLY contrived, which it'd have to be considering how she's pretty significantly overpowered even compared to the other haremites, but it happens, and she appreciates him for it (even though she probably wasn't in much danger, I'm sure sister would have saved her or something). So yeah, Russia has been converted. This is both bad, in that there isn't a good reason she should actually like our idiot protagonist, and good, because the last episode of season 2 basically ended with "oh yeah and Russia loves Ichika now too but we aren't going to bother explaining why". Well, the explanation finally came, but it was incredibly dumb. I didn't expect better, but
at least she wasn't beaten in combat or something -- she just thought those enemies were defeated, and didn't have her IS engaged so the shot could actually hit her when the jerk shot her from behind.
I don't buy it, but at least it was vaguely possible.

Beyond that, the rest of the plot involved Tabane, who now is apparently working with the villains for absolutely no reason the series has bothered to explain (seriously, there is no explanation for this at all), sending her
... humanoid IS, or something? Whatever that girl is
to infiltrate the IS academy's computer, finding some info about sister's IS suit, or something. Meanwhile, Ichika's big sister Chifuyu and Russia defeat the commandos breaking in to the academy, so that side of the attack is apparently a failure, even if the cyber-attack seems to have been a bit more successful. There is also another scene with Ichika in the blue lake area thing with the silver-haired girl, so that plot lurches forward another couple of seconds as well. Not that it made a whole lot of sense either.

Overall, that is the biggest issue here -- the serious side of this OVA makes VERY little sense; I'll need to rewatch it, and maybe S2 as well, because the actual plot part of this OVA felt shoddily thrown together and confusing. That's par for the course in this franchise, though, so this isn't really bad thing. One of the charming things about the first season of IS was how comically incompetent the series' writing was, and how many things were incompetently or never explained... (maybe most notably, how the anime never mentions why Britain reversed from tsun to dere and decided she loved him after barely defeating Ichika in that battle).

So yeah, IS is being IS again, and the plot is confusing weirdness. Many times this series hints at greater events, but then doesn't show more than a tiny bit of them. The real question is, ARE there greater events and an actual vaguely interesting (or even half-baked) plot going on here, or is it all just a tease to keep people watching? It could go either way on that, really. :p

Seriously, the villains in this episode make no sense. Do they have any motivations that are actually explained and make sense?
--
1) So, why is Tabane evil? Unexplained. She was good in season 1.
Is she actually bad now, or is she just working with the villains for some other reasons? But sister sure didn't sound like she was talking to a friend or ally in her talk with Tabane's underling in this episode. Quite the opposite.

2)
Why are the Americans badguys? I mean, maybe they are in the LN too, but I know that in the LN, that "unmanned" IS from America, the Silverio Gospel (see Season 1) wasn't unmanned, it had a pilot in it who joins the cast. So while parts of this element of the plot probably do come from the LN, I have to assume that other parts are anime-original. I just don't know which are which because I haven't cared enough to go read up on the LNs, LNs are a complete waste of time. But in this episode, Tabane and some American soldiers who apparently want the Silverio Gospel back are the badguys... but neither one actually has of an explanation for WHY. Explain things sometimes, series, or I'll continue thinking that you're just making it all up as you go along or something! :p

Another typically IS missing explanation is of the commandos' retreat -- it's not mentioned.
The guy ones are beaten up or flee, but the last we see of the woman in the IS is her defending against a barrage of gatling gun fire...I presume that she retreated after the computer was turned back online, because the chance was lost? Should have said that in the episode though, unless I missed something.

That's more than enough about the plot for now, it's completely stupid. As for the fanservice and action elements of World Purge, yeah, it was really, really fanservicey for IS. So, in order to stop the cyber-attack
orchestrated by Tabane
, the five main girls in the harem go into a cyber-world... but promptly get caught in fantasies of them with Ichika. Meanwhile, Ichika is off getting his IS checked out, after the damage of the end of season 2. The other ISes are all also damaged and unavailable, save only for his sister Chifuyu who has a power-suit, or IS, or something... oh, and their teacher too, she has some kind of powerful suit she uses for a moment anyway. It's nice to see some action from someone other than Ichika and the girls, though Russia and Ichika fight a bit in the episode too, though mostly hand-to-hand; IS combat here is at a minimum, part from the Chifuyu vs. commando in IS suit battle. That's okay though, Chifuyu vs. commando woman is a nice fight. Solid action scene there. Russia's fight against the lesser male commandos mostly goes well as well, but also sets up the aforementioned hard-to-believe moment where Russia gets taken down and Ichika rescues her, purely so she can be haremized of course because all major female characters MUST love the MC in a show like this. :S

Meanwhile, in the cyber-world, and this part takes up like half or more of the episode but I won't go into such detail, each girl fantasizes about what she wants to do with Ichika. Houki's dream is chaste, she just fantasizes about an Ichika actually able to beat her at kendo ('cause, you know, what strong girls really want is a guy able to beat them! IS is nothing if not sexist, of course.). The other four have sexual dreams; Rin dreams of Ichika coming on to her after school, Char of her marrying Ichika (and her being his maid, for some reason) and undressing for him; Laura of them living together and Ichika convincing her to go naked-apron; and Cecelia of him being her butler and soaping her up during a bath. Yeah. Of course, the "Ichikas" in these scenes are all fakes, doppelgangers summoned there by their dreams induced by that underling girl of Tabane's. Oh, Russia Jr. is in the control room, presumably following their dreams or something. She plays a minor role in this episode, thankfully; she's not a good character at all, really. It was nice to see Rin finally get equal footing to the other four main girls, though! S2 ignored her so consistently that I was wondering if she'd ever matter again...

It may just be pure fanservice, but on another level the dream sequences were pretty funny, because seeing "Ichika" do all of those things he would never, EVER do was fairly amusing. Ichika, actually hit on girls? Hahaha... :) All of the dreams end the same way, though, after Ichika finishes saving Russia and moves on to rescue the rest of the harem... because, well, bad anime. So he shows up just in the nick of time (just before any of the dreams can move on to actual sex dreams) and defeats all five of the clones, with Houki's being last because boring girl wins in this series, or something. Well, that's better than awful Cecelia winning, so there is that... but I hope that if it ever does end with Ichika and one girl, it better be Char or maybe Russia darnit, who cares if Houki has had all the hints up to this point! Another nice thing about this is that there was less "Ichika then gets hit by tsun girl" moments than S2, which relied on those far too heavily. There is only one noteworthy one; the ones I was expecting with Cecilia and/or Rin are averted.
They're too turned on by their dreams to be too mad at him.

So um, yeah, overall, it was IS with a confusing plot and fanservicey dream sequences. It was pretty stupid, and this review is too long, but... it's IS, I can't help myself! :) Infinite Stratos 2 OVA: World Purge is absurdly dumb nonsense, but it's FUN absurdly dumb nonsense, and I quite liked it, while also pretty much hating the thing. But that's why IS is so great... you can't make trashy anime this entertainingly bad by accident, seriously! Less sexism would be nice of course, but we're talking about Japan here, expectations are always low. Ah well. Fun stuff otherwise
, and that bit with Russia teasing Ichika at the end was amusing. :)

IS World Purge Hen - just who the hell is Tabane? She seems post S1 always villainous in her actions. Book readers?

Seriously, this is the thing that makes the least sense about IS S2 and this OVA -- what in the world did they do to Tabane, and why is she now seemingly evil, or something? I watched S1, she was a good guy for sure, why the inexplicable reversal? I know that there is a very slow-moving serious plot here, but since S2 spent about one minute an episode on plot, there was almost more in this one OVA than in the entire S2, as far as I can remember... :D

IS Infinite Stratos 2 World Purge Hen
8QAJB8Ql.jpg

10/10 AOTY

I think this is as close as a return to season one as this show will ever get. And the story just *makes sense* if you just follow through with the idea that this is a text that is crapping on its very premise as it plays out its premise. Simply amazing.

I'd say so much more, but it really is something to be experienced on your own first!
AOTY? But IS is already the AOTF, does it really even need additional awards? :)

I do disagree about the story, though. It doesn't make sense. Unless you're saying that the fact that it doesn't make sense is the whole point? If so, then perhaps so... but S1 was the one that felt more self-aware about how moronic it was, compared to S2. I guess you could say that this OVA is getting back to that style, though... a lot of S2 was kind of bad, but this wasn't, it was ridiculous nonsense start to finish.

In a OVA that outs almost everyone in the harem as the sluts they really are.

Best girl remains best by just wanting to purely be by his side.

Shame they didn't add in the jealous Ichika scene.

No need to hide the fact that the dense idiot likes her more than anyone else.
Ugh, why must some people here act like incredibly creepy otakus? No, they aren't "sluts" just because they have sexual thoughts. With a male character such fantasies would be considered normal, it shouldn't be thought of any differently for a female one.

Code Geass R2 END

ccrightlelouch.png

5/5.
10/10.
100/100.

My only regret is that I didn't have the chance to watch this while it was airing.
I might do a longer post later but who am I kidding, how can I sum Geass and my feelings towards it up?

i cant find the comparison thanks to the mania anime forum being wiped but it's a big difference. avoid at all cost

So Funimation's video quality is pretty bad, then? A shame if true, though I'd like too see an side-by-side comparison to get a better idea of what Funi's release looks like.

Seeing GITS: SAC on dvd reminds me: is there a reason a blu-ray never made it stateside? It feels like something that would do really well (by anime in the US standards anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom