• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 has gone gold; leaked gameplay vids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoje0308

Banned
I mean, I'm also confused why so many people are praising the graphics. I feel like its Twilight Zone the movie or something.

They don't look bad in the PNG screenshots we've seen. If you're judging the quality using those horribly compressed Pastebin videos, then I don't know what to tell you.

which vid that have 3rd person gameplay?

You read enough to know that it exists, but then stopped reading and posted instead? Okay

Vinc

I watched a little bit of these. I'm an idiot. Now going on full blackout until it's in my hands.

Can't friggin wait.

I do realize the recording of the game is off. I'm not trying to agitate people. I just want to know what's so great about these games. I'm not trolling.

I couldn't get into Dark Souls for a while and now I'm in love with the series. I just want to know why this game gets such universal praise and sells gangbusters.

Not trolling. My first post was shitty. Sorry. I should've posted this as my first.

Because they're pretty good RPG's with a very distinctive world and theme? The games mean a lot of things to different people. I dunno.

Why talk shit about a series you haven't even played?

After playing so many Bethesda games I know the graphics won't be good so I have no big complaints but I'm getting real sick of people trying to jedi hand wave others into believing it looks fucking amazing. You can think it looks amazing and that's fine but there's some stuff in there that can be objectively analyzed as looking pretty bad.

Panda Rin

Looks fantastic to me. Would it be nice if the animations and graphics were better? Sure, but I certainly didn't play FO3 or NV for those things...it's a pretty significant upgrade from ice skating in third person.

Dmax3901

I have a complaint of a different kind: the voice acting of those super mutants is super grating.

Also I expect this thread to be at fifty pages when I next check in.

Shamdeo

doge2zzsen.gif

c4jt321zoub6.png

After playing so many Bethesda games I know the graphics won't be good so I have no big complaints but I'm getting real sick of people trying to jedi hand wave others into believing it looks fucking amazing.

agreed.

Character models are bad.
Animation are bad.
Graphics are sub par.

Lets hope this is a really good game backed behind its success.

BruceCLea

Banned
Because they're pretty good RPG's with a very distinctive world and theme? The games mean a lot of things to different people. I dunno.

Why talk shit about a series you haven't even played?

I've played Fallout 3 and I enjoyed it. I got really excited for this announcement because I wanted a more fleshed out and beautiful experience and it wasn't it. All the gaming sites just love it simply because it's "Fallout" and they don't really say anything other than that.

I got frustrated and acted like an asshole. Again, sorry.

Faenix1

Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim all looks pretty dated upon release compared to other games and we all pretty much loved them.

I don't understand the whining all of a sudden. It's not until the modding community does a Bethesda game start looking really good.

Lenz44

Banned
Without spoiling too much, how is the dialogue stuff looking? That's the only real thing that's made me concerned. I hope its all being blown out of proportion or something.

Hoje0308

Banned
I do realize the recording of the game is off. I'm not trying to agitate people. I just want to know what's so great about these games. I'm not trolling.

I couldn't get into Dark Souls for a while and now I'm in love with the series. I just want to know why this game gets such universal praise and sells gangbusters.

Not trolling. My first post was shitty. Sorry. I should've posted this as my first.

Despite the jank and the bugs, the games fucking ooze atmosphere. There's a dark sense of humor running through the series as well that's quite endearing if that's your thing, and it's easy to actually play a role in these games, which is nice given the genre. Add in weapon customization, base building and the ability to be a total creep/sociopath and you have the reasons I'm looking forward to FO4.

Oh, and the violence is fantastic as well. If you're not convinced by launch, it's not outside of the realm of reason to think a GIF of a man exploding into pieces in FO4 will sell you on the game at some point.

Man if you can't answer why not just ignore me? I'm too lazy to slog through 4 video to see 1 section that I'm interested, ok?

Obviously. Alternatively, you could have kept reading and found the answer a short time later, as it's been mentioned more than once. Too lazy to read, but not too lazy to ask or whine. Good luck with that.

Without spoiling too much, how is the dialogue stuff looking? That's the only real thing that's made me concerned. I hope its all being blown out of proportion or something.

its pretty much exactly like mass effect. If you like that, you'll like this, whatever issues you have with that one you're gonna have with this one.

me personally? i hate it. I hate bioware's dialogue system and I'm really disappointed they adopted their shitty system.

I've played Fallout 3 and I enjoyed it. I got really excited for this announcement because I wanted a more fleshed out and beautiful experience and it wasn't it. All the gaming sites just love it simply because it's "Fallout" and they don't really say anything other than that.

calm down, bruh. don't let the wet blankets spoil your vibes

That city looked pretty sweet and a lot more open than I expected, also the lighting goes beautifully with the pastel art style. That said, a lot of those textures def look low res, and kind of makes me nervous about how this will scale on PC. My processor is already behind the curve for the recommended as is sooo...this should be interesting :p

It's cool. I thought you were just talking crap about the series without even playing them. I agree with you about wanting FO4 to look better. I was a bit bummed out when I saw the videos as well.

Doesn't mean the game can't be great though ;]

BruceCLea

Banned
It's cool. I thought you were just talking crap about the series without even playing them. I agree with you about wanting FO4 to look better. I was a bit bummed out when I saw the videos as well.

Doesn't mean the game can't be great though ;]

I really want to be proven wrong btw. I want this game to be fucking awesome for everybody.

Floody

that gun is pretty big in 3 and NV too.

I know, most were in those games (only really the revolver was kinda small), I played them in 3rd person too on console, until I got a decent PC and made them a reasonable size, and played them in 1st person. I'm away from my PC for a few months still, so won't have that option for awhile.

I cropped it a bit for the .gif, it's not that huge.
Oh, well that's reassuring. But, as the other guy kinda pointed out, they have a track record of having overly big weapons (even the TES games have that issue). I guess I'll try and find some small weapons to use when in 1st person, as I do like playing them that way.

CGwizz

I will get this for sure ( if the framerate is good on ps4 ) and i bet the game is fun but holy shit at those faces, it looks last gen, character models are horrible...

The lip movement in this game is super distracting.

The lip sync and facial animations are just shockingly bad. Maybe that's cause I'm playing through The Witcher 3 expansion but and the facial animations and lip sync there are pretty great but holy shit this looks rough even by Bethesda standards. The over exaggerated body language doesn't help either. Like that salesman in the first video, the mouth isn't even close to matching up with anything he's saying.

The whole push towards BioWare style cutscene cinematics and the voiced protagonist approach seemed at complete odds with how Bethesda games have been presented before and at least based on these videos, that more cinematic approach just highlights how poor the animations and presentation is.

I was all ready to get this day 1 just because its Fallout but with so many other games out, these videos have really cooled me to the game. It looks astoundingly rough and janky, even for Bethesda standards. And not even in a goofy sort of way but just in a bad way since the shift towards a voiced PC and that presentation means somebody there thought what they were doing was good enough for that to hold up.

The lip sync and facial animations are just shockingly bad. Maybe that's cause I'm playing through The Witcher 3 expansion but and the facial animations and lip sync there are pretty great but holy shit this looks rough even by Bethesda standards. The over exaggerated body language doesn't help either. Like that salesman in the first video, the mouth isn't even close to matching up with anything he's saying.

The whole push towards BioWare style cutscene cinematics and the voiced protagonist approach seemed at complete odds with how Bethesda games have been presented before and at least based on these videos, that more cinematic approach just highlights how poor the animations and presentation is.

I was all ready to get this day 1 just because its Fallout but with so many other games out, these videos have really cooled me to the game. It looks astoundingly rough and janky, even for Bethesda standards. And not even in a goofy sort of way but just in a bad way since the shift towards a voiced PC and that presentation means somebody there thought what they were doing was good enough for that to hold up.

The lip syncing issues are a problem with the video, not the game. As I pointed out earlier, the salesman's lip syncing and animation in general didn't look quite as bad in the less compressed and less desync'd E3 showing.

and here's Preston Garvey

This looks like something I'd actually want to actively play thanks to the updated gunplay as opposed to 3 and NV which looked like laborious chores to try to get into.

This is coming from someone who has always wanted to experience the latter fallout games but has been driven away by the clunky gameplay.

Not tryna drive-by shit on the series in anyway, I'm just saying that this looks much more accessible than previous entries if this footage is anything to go by.

Plasmid

I seriously doubt that the syncing is a game issue. It had to be the video. Will wait for the game before making sync judgments.

I seriously doubt that the syncing is a game issue. It had to be the video. Will wait for the game before making sync judgments.

It's not even like this is the only footage of the player speaking with NPCs that we have to go on. There's been footage of that shit since E3, available in much clearer and less obfuscated videos, that depict neither desync issues or shoddy lip syncing. So the fact that people are assuming that's the game and not the video is just plain blowing my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom