• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 has gone gold; leaked gameplay vids

Status
Not open for further replies.
gk7BeEQ.jpg

The most realistic dog calmly trotting around on fire in a Bethesda game to date.

Dog on Fire has a such a thirst for vengeance. A bark that kills.

Power armor works more like vehicles now btw, its not just armor you can wear like any other.
So it isn't a requirement of Strength or Endurance? Useful. But I will probably put a few points into Strength because I'll want to do Armour and Weapon modding. I love that shit!

Arkeband

Banned
Everyone is so hyped for this and I'm just sitting here thinking "why?". Usually I'm happy to jump on the AAA bandwagon but nothing about this game seems to be done exceptionally well. It'll be interesting watching some video reviews, though.

Fallout for the sake of more Fallout.

At least they're not bullshotting and touting "radiant AI" and how it will change the face of gaming.

Damn I really can't decide if I should keep my pipboy edition or just got battlefront and gold edition of fallout 4 with season pass at bestbuy for the same price

bounchfx

i mean, its a bethesda game. you can expect fallout 3 but improved in some ways and still unfortunately lacking in others. safe to say if you liked the others you'll be fine, but if you're expecting any of the janky shit from previous titles to be gone then oops.

you must've clicked on a fallout 3 video buddy, this is fallout 4, which doesn't look rough at all. it looks fucking amazing.

I'm as hyped up as you for this game...but the game does not look fucking amazing. At all. Not even close to amazing.

If this was any other game, all of GAF would be shitting on it. But since it IS Fallout and Bethesda...only 50% of GAF is shitting on it.

JoseLopez

I'm as hyped up as you for this game...but the game does not look fucking amazing. At all. Not even close to amazing.

If this was any other game, all of GAF would be shitting on it. But since it IS Fallout and Bethesda...only 50% of GAF is shitting on it.
So games either have to look amazing or shit no in between

Agreed. I'm gonna take off a work day for this. Period. But there's no denying the visuals we just saw don't look great. It is what it is.

However, this could be due to poor video quality just as easily. Who knows? If the core gameplay is good, whatever.

koryuken

I can't believe people are judging this game's visuals based on those videos with straight faces. The textures are just fine for the most part and direct captures back that up.

I've seen the uncompressed screenshots from the other thread, and it looks really bad. I suprised most are jumping on the "this game looks amazing" bandwagon though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So it isn't a requirement of Strength or Endurance? Useful. But I will probably put a few points into Strength because I'll want to do Armour and Weapon modding. I love that shit!

I didnt say that. I mean as far as i can tell its a limited use "item". You cant walk around on it all the time. You might still need a certain str to use it

I've seen the uncompressed screenshots from the other thread, and it looks really bad. I suprised most are jumping on the "this game looks amazing" bandwagon though.

People have different opinions then, I guess. I've also seen the uncompressed shots and think it looks great. When inspecting individual aspects, not so much, but the way everything comes together in the whole image is something I find quite appealing. It almost looks stylized

A bandwagon implies they're saying it looks amazing just because. You don't believe they actually think it looks amazing?

Certainly exceeded my expectations

I have no resolve whatsoever. I suck at 'going in fresh'. I always find myself watching videos or skimming through previews.

Some guy asked in another thread how much time we spend gaming per week. I wasn't a forum member at the time, so I couldn't answer. But here's what I would've said:

Time per week spent gaming = 5 hours.
Time per week spent reading about gaming, or watching videos about gaming, or thinking about gaming = 75.5 hours.

I didnt say that. I mean as far as i can tell its a limited use "item". You cant walk around on it all the time. You might still need a certain str to use it
Ah, okay. I'll need to check out the SPECIAL list.

Also is body shape an option in the character creation? I could swear the character in one of those early vids looked far more buff than in the E3 vids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom