• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 has gone gold; leaked gameplay vids

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just looks....so rough man. The light clipping through the walls, the dog on fire, the really wonky and reused animations. Not to mention the combat looks really bland, ala Skyrim. I mean I am going to play it but I have a pretty big feeling it isn't going to "hook" me like F3 did. Ever since it "hit" me back during Skyrim how empty and shallow these games are, I haven't been able to enjoy them anymore.

Third person gameplay that actually looks good! Nice job, guys.

I mean, it looks like a new Fallout game, which is pretty much what I expected and what a lot of fans wanted so I don't really see anything wrong here. Some of those animations for talking in the first video could definitely use some work, though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Came across this in /r/fo4, cred to that community!
tJGyOEN.jpg

It spells "special" at the top

Hadnt noticed ;_;

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Anyone going digital here?

Has there been a confirmation about the size? PS4, specifically. I am actually thinking of getting it digital, since even if I have physical the disc would most likely won't leave my PS4 for probably 500 hours or so anyways, hahaha.

Plasmid

Has there been a confirmation about the size? PS4, specifically. I am actually thinking of getting it digital, since even if I have physical the disc would most likely won't leave my PS4 for probably 500 hours or so anyways, hahaha.

30-35 gb required.

DrM

Redmond's Baby

I think that I saw somewhere that it will be around 28-30 gigs

Someone will probably give a definite answer but I think I remember seeing something like 28gigs, give or take a few.

Edit: beat

Disxo

I can't hold it in anymore. This game looks like dog shit. Just awful. Last gen games look better.

sorry

Well Its your opinion, but in a game where many announcements and screenshots were made before makes it seems that your post is just trolling.

Aurongel

I have it preordered so I'll play it no matter what but everything I've seen of this from the leaked material make it look very last gen in both visuals and more importantly: design.

Im biased in my opinion though because these videos lack context which just make them look like a shitty FPS from 2005 with some lite looting tossed in. Obviously there's a lot more going on so I know my opinion isn't well formed.

I'm new to the forum, and haven't learned how to post properly yet. I was a long time lurker though, and remember from my lurking days that Gaffers like to repeat the same comment fifty times or more.

Okay, so here goes then... (clears throat first)...

"Wow! A Bethesda game with a functional 3rd person mode! Colour me excited! Can't wait for this game to release! Wake me up on November 10th!"

(BTW, I apologize for my excellent spelling and proper grammar)

DarkOneX

Not sure why but not excited about it especially after watching the vids and looking at screenshots, preorder cancelled. I'll be too busy with other games anyway, maybe I'll grab it later on sale.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

BruceCLea

Banned
Well Its your opinion, but in a game where many announcements and screenshots were made before makes it seems that your post is just trolling.

I do realize the recording of the game is off. I'm not trying to agitate people. I just want to know what's so great about these games. I'm not trolling.

I couldn't get into Dark Souls for a while and now I'm in love with the series. I just want to know why this game gets such universal praise and sells gangbusters.

Not trolling. My first post was shitty. Sorry. I should've posted this as my first.

Venom Fox

Banned
Here's a better one.
Thanks!
I'm new to the forum, and haven't learned how to post properly yet. I was a long time lurker though, and remember from my lurking days that Gaffers like to repeat the same comment fifty times or more.

Okay, so here goes then... (clears throat first)...

"Wow! A Bethesda game with a functional 3rd person mode! Colour me excited! Can't wait for this game to release! Wake me up on November 10th!"

(BTW, I apologize for my excellent spelling and proper grammar)
You'll be a member in no time ;P

GavinGT

Banned
It's no wonder Bethesda showed us very little of this. Or that they're issuing takedowns for this footage wherever possible.

DarkOneX

It's no wonder Bethesda showed us very little of this. Or that they're issuing takedowns for this footage wherever possible.

Ya I gotta say I expected it to look nicer. It's not that it looks horrible it's just kinda dated looking, pales in comparison to something like say The Witcher 3 or the upcoming Just Cause 3.

I realized daylight savings is over and I live in a place with no daylight savings so this should unlock at 1 am instead of 12 am for me ):

Disxo

I do realize the recording of the game is off. I'm not trying to agitate people. I just want to know what's so great about these games. I'm not trolling.

I couldn't get into Dark Souls for a while and now I'm in love with the series. I just want to know why this game gets such universal praise and sells gangbusters.

Not trolling. My first post was shitty. Sorry. I should've posted this as my first.

The great thing about these games are not in the visual aspect you have to experience it yourself (Like dark souls), if you want to know more before you buy get F3 or NV or wait till some reviews.

Yes it was a shitty post, dont worry if you have any doubts there is the "fallout 4 is now gold" thread that will surely help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom