• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 has gone gold; leaked gameplay vids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't watch these now, how's the shooting looking? Actually a big improvement?

Going by what we know about the RPG side of the game this needs to be a much better shooter than the last couple Fallouts...

The iron sights seem to be better, but the enemy AI doesn't seem to be anything special and the guns don't really sound all that great. I mostly skimmed through like 10 minutes of video.

Omadahl

Banned
He must be playing it on easy or it's early in the game since those Super Mutants were going down really easily. I know people are complaining about graphics, but honestly, this is such a leap from 3 and NV that it looks fine to me. I couldn't be more excited.

Krakn3Dfx

Ip0jqHQ.gif

Was this motion captured by Ed Grimmley?

ed-grimley.jpg

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Can't watch these now, how's the shooting looking? Actually a big improvement?

Going by what we know about the RPG side of the game this needs to be a much better shooter than the last couple Fallouts...

The guy goes into VATS like twice. The rest he just seems to headshot the Super Mutants.

Cuzco

Banned
Tempting to look, but I wont. Watching nothing the last couple weeks leading up to halo 5 made day 1 that much more awesome.

Stiler

Those animations..., seriously that's like my biggest " I wish they'd fix that" pet peeve of ALL Bethseda games.

I mean, it's not like they are some super-small limited budget "indie" studio, they are a AAA studio backed by a huge publisher.

So why can they not afford GOOD fluid animation?

Heck, they even talked about buying a mo-cap studio YEARS ago, so make use of it for the actual game animations and not simply movies or cutscenes.

I really wish more studios would be like Naughty Dog in this regard to animation detail.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
So far I'm not liking what I'm hearing about simplistic dialogue.

Didn't they say they recorded more audio than Skyrim and FO3 combined?

The only people complaining about "simplistic dialog" are folks who are translating rough impressions from a Spanish fellow who went back and clarified that there are indeed speech checks in the game, and diplomatic solutions to quests.

Also I would wager that the average number of dialog choices (not including speech checks) in previous games wasn't greater than 4.

Hoje0308

Banned
The speaking animations are beautiful and awful all at once. Gonna get some laughs out of that moments before I separate heads and limbs from bodies with a shotgun.

Bad animations, bad lip sync, bad interior lighting...

Bethseda... Bethseda never changes.

The lip sync isn't bad (the audio desync issues are a problem with the vids and not the game and the Vault Salesman's lips look much better in clearer videos, as does every other character's who we've seen speak so far) and I don't think the animations are all that bad either.

this looks pretty bad to me. haven't played fallout since fallout 3 (which may have burnt me out on fallout) and this doesn't look much different. im not usually too critical on graphics but graphically this looks very mediocre to me. the gameplay also appears to be boring.

i'll check out neogaf impressions first but probably a no-buy for me based on what i have seen so far

GavinGT

Banned
The game freezes at random like you're playing Morrowind on an OG Xbox! Animations and lip sync are now the least of my concerns.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone is so hyped for this and I'm just sitting here thinking "why?". Usually I'm happy to jump on the AAA bandwagon but nothing about this game seems to be done exceptionally well. It'll be interesting watching some video reviews, though.

Everyone is so hyped for this and I'm just sitting here thinking "why?". Usually I'm happy to jump on the AAA bandwagon but nothing about this game seems to be done exceptionally well. It'll be interesting watching some video reviews, though.

Exploring in Bethesda games are really fun!

Never played 3 or New Vegas?

JoseLopez

The combat looks way more fluid and streamlined. For example notice the fact he has a grenade and a gun equipped so rather than switching from grenade as primary you just throw one on the fly.
The ui is quiet good and simplestic. I hope we have a few choices on colors for the hud.
It's obviously xone version since it has Xbox input but the game hasn't been leaked on pc. Xone seems run it quite well. No bugs in sight just typical rpg jankyness which I'm fine with.
One thing I wish is (that to be fair hardly any RPGs do) multiple voice actors per gender. I like the fact you can play with the baby hopefully you can play with the baby in the wasteland. One thing that makes me not want to get dog meat is how he cries when hurt :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom