• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

SlashX

That's all I found! If you found anything I missed, let me know and I can add it!
Also sorry it takes up so much space.

I can't tell if the thing to the right of WIP Power Armor is just a random Vaultec poster or a hint at a bigger collection of open world collectibles aside from the usual bobble heads.

Derp

The player character does say it. Does it matter if it's grunting or a script? They're still voiced. Didn't ask your preference.
Again, I can't find any evidence of the character saying that. When people say a character is voiced they mean the character talks, not makes grunting noises and can't speak. Picking on specifics isn't helping your case, especially when you know what I meant. And I don't care that you didn't ask my preference, because whether something matters or not is personal preference.

Venture

I posted this in the speculation thread, but I'll post it in here in case some of you haven't seen it. This is my trailer dissection. I found a lot of little things like this. It's fairly long, so it'll take up quite a bit of space, but quite a few people in the other thread enjoyed it. I can just edit this post and link to it if you guys think it take too much space though:
Nice breakdown. Thanks.

One small thing to note, these cars are very different from what we've previously seen in Fallout 3 and NV, especially the red one.
I wouldn't say very different. The red car looks similar to the Corvega. Maybe a convertible model.
KYzc9ok.jpg

saunderez

Not alone.

That trailer made the game look likes its gonna be super videogamey, fucking blimps, and old timey ships with engines? WTF.

I wasn't exactly expecting Fallout NV from Bethesda but I was kind of hoping they would step up their game, just a little.

That's not to say I think the game will be bad. Just not up to par with my favourite game of last gen.
Your favourite game of last gen has a bunch of cosplayers out in the desert pretending to be Romans and you have a problem with a blimp and a rocket powered boat. Crazy town.

gosox333

I never really got into customizing my character in 3/NV/TES. The game is played in first person 99.9% of the time and I always found pointless to bother tweaking how I looked because of that. I wouldn't give half a care if that was gone. Aside from choosing races for their benefits in TES I never understood why people even bothered with character customization in these games really.

Voiced main characters....I dunno. I feel like it'd make things clunkier. I can only imagine It'd be like Mass Effect where I'd end up just skipping to the next line of dialogue cutting the MC off like halfway through the sentence, and that's always annoying. Not exactly a deal breaker, but still annoying and I'd prefer they stayed silent.

jerry1594

futuramafry.jpg

Fallout 3 is usually dirt cheap, both on PC and consoles. Unless you meant the intended sequel to Fallout 2, but I thought it was cancelled around 2004 and there's only a mod or something.
The other 3 that I own lol (1,2,nv)
714-epic-facepalm.jpg

That is all...
Cool
Again, I can't find any evidence of the character saying that. When people say a character is voiced they mean the character talks, not makes grunting noises and can't speak. Picking on specifics isn't helping your case, especially when you know what I meant. And I don't care that you didn't ask my preference, because whether something matters or not is personal preference.
You didn't look hard enough I guess.
As for the bold, I don't think we're even on the same page, but
Maybe not to you, but it matters to me and many others. It's called personal preference. It's part of why a lot of us love their RPGs. And I've never heard the character in New Vegas say frag out lol...

There's a difference between grunting and talking.

I just watched all the previous fallout intro videos. I noticed the song from the first fallout and the FO4 trailer have the same background song but different lyrics. A little researched showed me they are the same band, but different songs. And Fallout 3 has the same band. Fallout 2 has a different band.

The original fallout intro has an advertisement for the corvega with a noticeably different exterior model, although it still hits the general idea. I also did not recall the intro referencing china invading alaska and the US annexing canada, but it surely does.

After watching each, this FO4 trailer has grown on me. In fact, each time I watch it it grows on me and I have plenty of small reasons to go back and watch from reading this thread.

"My god, our soldiers were right - war, war never changes" - gets me every time.

takriel

Not alone.

That trailer made the game look likes its gonna be super videogamey, fucking blimps, and old timey ships with engines? WTF.

I wasn't exactly expecting Fallout NV from Bethesda but I was kind of hoping they would step up their game, just a little.

That's not to say I think the game will be bad. Just not up to par with my favourite game of last gen.

Hell yes, it should be. It's a video game, after all. Not a movie. People need to start accepting that.

Your favourite game of last gen has a bunch of cosplayers out in the desert pretending to be Romans and you have a problem with a blimp and a rocket powered boat. Crazy town.
He does have a point. A flying rocket powered boat does not fit in the post-war 1950s art work / settings. Leave that stuff for Bioshock infinite.

Too bright colors and generic, too advanced scifi elements like this hurt the typical post-apocalyptic identity of the franchise, in which failure of modern technology has lead to the ruination of the world.

jerry1594

I just watched all the previous fallout intro videos. I noticed the song from the first fallout and the FO4 trailer have the same background song but different lyrics. A little researched showed me they are the same band, but different songs. And Fallout 3 has the same band. Fallout 2 has a different band.
The band is called The Ink Spots. Originally the team at Interplay wanted to use the song used in Fallout 3 (I don't want to set the world on fire) in the original Fallout, but couldn't get the rights so they settled for Maybe. Bethesda managed to get it, and I guess they're iterating on it in their next intro. And Fallout 2 is the Black Isle team moving on in terms of the music.

saunderez

M°°nblade;166529675 said:
He does have a point. A flying rocket powered boat does not fit in the post-war 1950s art work / settings. Leave that stuff for Bioshock infinite.

Too bright colors and generic, too advanced scifi elements like this hurt the typical post-apocalyptic identity of the franchise, in which failure of modern technology has lead to the ruination of the world.
Who says it flew at all though?

And I don't agree with colours ruining the identity of the franchise, it's ridiculous to think humanity wouldn't crawl out and reclaim the world hundreds of years after the apocalypse.

Too advanced scifi elements? I beg to differ.

The super mutants are human engineered from a virus. There is power armor. This world is a totally different world from ours. They lived in excess. They embraced nuclear power into their every day lives. Imagine driving a nuclear powered car.

A google search came up with the 2015 corvette "stingray" having 460 horsepower. The Corvega, as advertised in fallout 1 (since I just watched that intro), has 800 horsepower.

The world of fallout in many ways differs from our world. They didn't get stuck in the 1950s, the great war happens like 2077. Anyway, I don't think anything we've seen so far is too advanced.

But in regards specifically to that boat with the "rockets". That doesn't look like it flies. When I first saw that, I didn't think it flew. I thought, how did that get there.

NBtoaster

The failure of man is a bigger theme than the failure of technology. 'War never changes' in spite of how far man has advanced.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Steam have a sale on previous Fallout games. I'm thinking of playing through 3 again but it says on the store page it's not optimised for Windows 7 and later. Can anyone explain exactly what it means? Will i have any problems loading it up or will performance be terrible. I'm on 8.1

Thorgal

Steam have a sale on previous Fallout games. I'm thinking of playing through 3 again but it says on the store page it's not optimised for Windows 7 and later. Can anyone explain exactly what it means? Will i have any problems loading it up or will performance be terrible. I'm on 8.1

It plays fine on W7

Steam should really remove that message since it is wrong.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hopefully the game--well, PS4 console version specifically--will not lock you out of quests if you decide to just ran around doing stuff freely in various places. I mean, Skyrim was like this; sure you can visit that cave over there and messed up with all the loots and enemies/whatever without anyone telling you but chances are high that someone later will assign you quests that you need to do there and that quests will be forever broken because you entered that cave before you were told to and messing up with stuff required to complete it.

PC folks can just type in console commands to summon whatever it is required to complete quests but console players can't and I am a bit OCD in completing whatever quests any RPG gives to me (and gaining their rewards no matter how small/insignificant, one of the very reasons I am withholding playing Witcher 3 before they dole out the patch for the EXP glitch)

Derp

You didn't look hard enough I guess.
As for the bold, I don't think we're even on the same page, but
Why not just link me proof of the quote?

And I'm not sure if we're on the same page either. You seem to have gotten lost rather quickly. To give you a recap: You asked if it even matters (regarding the voicing situation). I said whether it matters or not is personal preference. You then said "didn't ask your preference". I then said whether something matters or not is personal preference.

jerry1594

bro fallout 3 is $4.99 on steam right now lol
That's without the dlc. Complete it's $12. Though I heard the dlc sucks, maybe I'll get it.
Why not just link me proof of the quote?

And I'm not sure if we're on the same page either. You seem to have gotten lost rather quickly. To give you a recap: You asked if it even matters (regarding the voicing situation). I said whether it matters or not is personal preference.
Regarding the voicing situation, I asked if it makes a difference (does it matter) if it's grunting or a script, it's still voice acting. It's a technicality, 0 to do with your personal preference. And that's a really specific thing to ask for, when I myself only heard it a handful of times.

Pixeluh

That's without the dlc. Complete it's $12. Though I heard the dlc sucks, maybe I'll get it.

Regarding the voicing situation, I asked if it makes a difference (does it matter) if it's grunting or a script, it's still voice acting. It's a technicality, 0 to do with your personal preference. And that's a really specific thing to ask for, when I myself only heard it a handful of times.

Dlc is still worth the money imo.. One of them extends the main quest-line.

NBtoaster

Regarding the DLC:

Operation Anchorage: Kinda lame, but very good loot
The Pitt: Ok
Broken Steel: Necessary for raising the level limit and being able to play after the end of the game
Point Lookout: excellent
Mothership Zeta: Bad

They better not do that broken steel shit again

Hubble

I was so into Fallout 3 when it came out that it is one of the few games I bought all the DLC's without regret. It was an interesting too as DLC was kind of a new concept at the time. With that said, I enjoyed all of the DLC's. If you like the game, you will too. Maybe Fallout 3 is dated now to fully enjoy the DLC (that may be bullshit) but that is the only minus I can think about them.

The ironic part is I was disappointed that New Vegas looked the same as Fallout 3, and while I loved Fallout 3 with many hours played, I did not even spend one minute in New Vegas.

Venture

Hopefully the game--well, PS4 console version specifically--will not lock you out of quests if you decide to just ran around doing stuff freely in various places. I mean, Skyrim was like this; sure you can visit that cave over there and messed up with all the loots and enemies/whatever without anyone telling you but chances are high that someone later will assign you quests that you need to do there and that quests will be forever broken because you entered that cave before you were told to and messing up with stuff required to complete it.

PC folks can just type in console commands to summon whatever it is required to complete quests but console players can't and I am a bit OCD in completing whatever quests any RPG gives to me (and gaining their rewards no matter how small/insignificant, one of the very reasons I am withholding playing Witcher 3 before they dole out the patch for the EXP glitch)
Given the past history of Bethesda it would be nice if they included console commands in the PS4/Xbox versions.

Derp

All I asked you whether you were seriously comparing grunting to full-blown dialogue. You asked if it mattered. So what you basically asked was "does it matter if I'm comparing grunting to full-blown dialogue". No one is arguing whether grunting is technically considered voice acting. We're saying that when someone says a character is voiced, they normally mean the character speaks in conversations in the game, not makes grunting noises. And the difference matters to a lot of us. And it's therefore a personal preference. Please stop bringing technicality into this when it isn't necessary and you know exactly what we mean.

Also every line of dialogue that's in the game can be found online provided you aren't stupid and know how to google. Still waiting for proof of it's existence.

If someone told me that the character in the game I was playing was voiced and I played through it for 50 hours and got some grunting, I'd probably go back and punch that someone in the teeth.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm trying to think of something to play this weekend, but nothing sounds fun now that I know Fallout 4 is coming this year. I'm really excited for E3, hoping this game gets a ton of attention.

Top Bottom