• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

KooopaKid

Banned
Does the boxart means it's going to be released this year?
If that screenshot is real, then I might play this, I see non-brown colors here!

46910_2_0.jpg

Actually like this new art style. I know people hate it, but I hope it's just a new improved Creation Engine, just so it has the modding capabilities of Skyrim

Lakitu

st5fu
Game looks pretty bad, especially after have played a open world like The Witcher 3, i hope the game will be good at least

Better to judge when we get the trailer, since it seems we'll be getting in-game footage (or in-engine at least).

No cross gen is great news.

I don't need the graphics to be mindblowing. Just give me a stupidly huge game world to get lost in with hundreds of locations to discover. If I may be picky, don't make all locations look identical, that's all I'm asking.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Did they accidentally throw up a Fallout 3 screen... Like damn all this time and that's what it looks like?

fantomena

Nice but those graphics are...

Can't we just wait till we get gamepla?. The game has yet to be official revealed, it's not offical revealed yet,. Someone pressed the wrong buttoon, website got live before the actual time, then someone switched the off button.

Wait for teaser and gameplay.

Blobbers

Alright, guys, when do you think they're gonna announce Fallout 4 on Steam will feature paid mods, E3 or later on in the year?

Can't wait. Even though I never finished the last two games, I put in a good 60-70 hours into each of them. Never thought much of the main story in either (hence not finishing them) but the world is great to explore. Been a fan of Fallout since the original back on my step dad's old ass pc.

Reule

Yes, yes! Can't wait. After Skyrim on the PS3, I said I wouldn't buy their games at launch but it's Fallout. The worst problem I had with the Fallout games was some minor freezing every now and then. I certainly hope people get this game a week early to report anything too terrible.

I want to be a ghoul! Not another damn smoothskin. Also, I'd like a long demo at the Bethesda conference.

Or better yet...some ammo!

If the game is still the same old cells everywhere separate from interior and exterior (cities with walls with a warp zone called the double door at entrance, houses with no actual windows, etc) I'm out. It's been 10+ years with that tech and we have games like Witcher 3 now. Step your game up Bethesda please!

belmonkey

Whats wrong with it? It looks fucking awesome.

To me it looks pretty fugly in those screens. It's not F3 / NV modded right? It looks like some decent assets in an otherwise ugly looking game. In a way, I hope it's not current-gen consoles limiting the draw distance to... that.

gruenel

It'll be a long, hard wait for the GOTY version, but there's no way I'm touching a brand new Bethesda game with all the bugs and expensive DLC.

FStop7

Banned
Guys, for the love of god, don't buy this game day one or even pre order it. As good as the game probably will be (after 23847627834678 patches), you should know what to expect.

Sorry, can't hear what you're saying over the chugging sound of the HYPE TRAAAAAAAIN!

Renekton

Alright, guys, when do you think they're gonna announce Fallout 4 on Steam will feature paid mods, E3 or later on in the year?
I hope they give it a 2nd chance (with better royalty structure)

Modders earning some income to make great content is a positive in my book.

KyleCross

People are calling that screenshot bad graphics?

Man, graphic whoring has really gotten out of hand. It looks pretty goddamn good to me.

Sevenfold

Great. That means we'll have a supply of large scale single player content to go with the hundreds of free mods there'll no doubt be.

They're not going to try paid mods again for awhile. Maybe even never. That idea was seriously rejected and no amount of brute forcing it will change that.

A lot of people play Bethesda PC games for their moddability. Threatening that before release might hurt sales. And doing it after the game is out will just be a repeat of the Skyrim incident.

And for the people picketing the graphics already, here's a screenshot of Fallout 3 when it was announced:
293528_full.jpg

And here's what the game looked like when released(no mods):
14549460816_624ada0415_k.jpg

Top Bottom