• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

X4bNw5Q.gif

jelly

Yikes, that screenshot is rough. Not a bullshot at least. Hopefully the game mechanics are amazing, don't do it again Bethesda, shit they might.

MacBosse

Meh looks like Skyrim with guns.

Anyways jesus you guys are a difficult bunch. These graphics suck now? Man I would want to be a developer in these harsch lands (read forum).

People are calling that screenshot bad graphics?

Man, graphic whoring has really gotten out of hand. It looks pretty goddamn good to me.

This. I mean I can see the low LOD hills in the background, and why it would bother people, but look at everything else! There's so much detail inside that damn garage, and the lighting looks like it's been hugely improved. I think it looks fantastic.

And the Fallout series/ Bethesda has never been known for cutting-edge graphics. I think some people may need to dial their expectations back just a little.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
I kind of hope this is a next year release. My backlog is embarrassingly huge. I'm still only like, two hours into Witcher 3.

Keasar

Folks want to complain about how the game looks, but at least it won't be a downgrade fest when the game releases.

I'm pretty alright with how it looks, with the right mods etc. Skyrim could look downright gorgeous. I just pointed out that the hills in the background reminded me of Skyrim, mostly around its release.

Hopefully with the focus on current gen consoles they can crank up the LOD distance a bit this time.

Jay Sosa

7 years after 3 and that's the best they can do graphically? Cancel the generation.

Game looks pretty bad, especially after have played a open world like The Witcher 3, i hope the game will be good at least

Did they accidentally throw up a Fallout 3 screen... Like damn all this time and that's what it looks like?

And that's why so many companies post bullshots.

At least we wont have 23 threads complaining about downgrades.

I'll get this about 6 months after release when some good mods are out for it on PC.

Fallout: NV will last me until then anyway. Probably because I lose about 1 hour each week re-doing parts of the game post crash :p

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Did they accidentally throw up a Fallout 3 screen... Like damn all this time and that's what it looks like?

lol.

These kinds of post are why some will never take gaming seriously. The hyperbole is out of control.

For one, if the game has no indoor/outdoor loading cells, and looks like that screenshot, it will be amazing.

Also. Have you seen Fallout 3?
fallout-3-point-scrapper.jpg

(PC Screen)

Daverid

8d243bf5e6a86705cad4f7c09de3a84b.gif

Happy for everyone that's hyped, but I just can't get on board. I haven't enjoyed a Bethesda game since Morrowind, even though I naively kept trying, but I've finally learnt enough to know to just not get excited at all.
Hopefully, for everyone's sake and even mine (When I one day pick it up for like $2 on sale just out of curiosity), it somehow turns out better than expected.

Blobbers

I just hope the game fixing/patching mods remain free no matter what happens.

It just seems wrong to have to pay for it. I equate them to your usual developer patches that come with bug fixes which are always free.

The Llama

And for the people picketing the graphics already, here's a screenshot of Fallout 3 when it was announced:
293528_full.jpg

And here's what the game looked like when released(no mods):
14549460816_624ada0415_k.jpg

In my experience actually playing it, it looks a lot more like the first one than the second!

iMax

And that's why so many companies post bullshots.

At least we wont have 23 threads complaining about downgrades.

Bethesda should cancel Fallout 4, restart development and cite everyone complaining about the LOD as the reason. I mean seriously guys, are you not satisfied with anything?!

Can't say I care one way or another how great the game looks graphically, I'm mainly just hoping that Obsidian is involved. My hopes aren't high but I'm definitely waiting for bargain bin prices or completely skipping if they aren't.

In my experience actually playing it, it looks a lot more like the first one than the second!

Yup. This "its not finished" excuse doesnt work for me.

When you show something from your game, you always will show the most polished stuff.

Its always the case. Even if the the Video/Trailer says Pre-Alpha blablabla

Zia

Looks great. Bizarre the reaction to this given people like the way The Witcher III looks. Unsure if that game even had an art director on it.

Top Bottom