• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

marrec

Banned
Who cares how the game looks it's a freaking Fallout game, what I need to know is how it plays and what kinda perks I have to choose from.

No scaling this time Bethesda. *stern face*

I wasn't aware how much I want to play a new Fallout until I've seen this picture. ....want, very much so!

Then again, gotta wait out the patchcycle and a few cool mods before jumping in. No hurry.

Seanspeed

Banned
Not seeing any entitlement here.

Game simply looks unimpressive for a next-gen exclusive AAA game.
Or maybe bullshit games like The Order cut away so much to push visuals that people have warped perceptions of what a giant, open world, complex next-gen game should look like.

People even said The Witcher 3 isn't impressive.

No, it's not entitlement, just a very short-viewed perspective, I'd say.

thelastword

Banned
kZajBeW.jpg
I know you're being sarcastic, but I still think it looks good, artsyle is nice and I'm sure the textures will be improved. I also wonder if they're going for 60fps on this one?

TomShoe

Banned
Get hype. I enjoyed New Vegas.

Wasn't there some guy that said Fallout 4 was going to be timed exclusive. My memory must be failing me.

I think it's the defense squad that are overreacting tbh, if that screen is legit then it does suggest 1) same crap Gamebryo engine 2) relatively poor IQ compared to other games. I mean it looks like a PS3 game right there.

That's not to say that the game will suck etc. but hype shouldn't stop you criticising the game.

Gamebryo would be the biggest concern, for gameplay/handling as well as graphics.

Guys, for the love of god, don't buy this game day one or even pre order it. As good as the game probably will be (after 23847627834678 patches), you should know what to expect.

Fallout 3 ran fine for me at 60 fps without any crazy crashes or anything from day one. :\

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Not seeing any entitlement here.

Game simply looks unimpressive for a next-gen exclusive AAA game.
It's...an open world Bethesda game. I don't know what the hell you were expected. It's a MASSIVE improvement over Fallout 3 in terms of detail.

scitek

Jesus, some gamers are some of the most self entitled pricks imaginable. I would hate to be on the team that made a game like this, spent years of my life on a project and a screen leaks out, first thing that is repeated on a major gaming forum is how "last gen" it looks.

Then don't make it look last gen? People are just commenting on what they see. It's not their fault it looks that way.

friday

I usually dont side with the "needs better IQ" crowd, but I hope Bethesda have really made some improvements with their distance scaling. Shit is harsh.

Linconan

Well, the Announcement trailer better wow me, cause that screen pic didn't do shit for me unfortunately.
And don't give me, but wait for the gameplay argument, and/or But it'll be ages and it'll change by then...
Otherwise we wouldn't have graphics leaps in generations and we would've just stuck with 16bit consoles, aswell as, that's why they release teaser trailers to show the products concept in it best possible target they're aiming at.

...and....

*breathes in paper bag*
I think i'm in panic mode, just excuse my post.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I think it's the defense squad that are overreacting tbh, if that screen is legit then it does suggest 1) same crap Gamebryo engine 2) relatively poor IQ compared to other games. I mean it looks like a PS3 game right there.

That's not to say that the game will suck etc. but hype shouldn't stop you criticising the game.

Jesus Christ. Just stop.

Or maybe bullshit games like The Order cut away so much that people have warped perceptions of what a giant, open world, next-gen game should look like.

Thats i have to agree with.

Witcher 3 to me looks really impressive. The foliage is the biggest thing in that game.

The Order is a joke. Closed and small environments without any interaction etc...

MUnited83

For you.
With that screenshot its pretty obvious that this was developed with cross-gen in mind so its weird to see people here celebrating "no cross gen woo woo" when they evidently just got cancelled along the way. They still affected quite a big parte of development.

Jesus, some gamers are some of the most self entitled pricks imaginable. I would hate to be on the team that made a game like this, spent years of my life on a project and a screen leaks out, first thing that is repeated on a major gaming forum is how "last gen" it looks.

Those people are delusional high schoolers.

That fidelity + no loading/minimal loads = day one for me.

Or maybe bullshit games like The Order cut away so much that people have warped perceptions of what a giant, open world, next-gen game should look like.

Truth.

And I'd sacrifice draw distance for that amount of visual detail and complexity, and that lighting, any fucking day of the week.

Asgaro

8d243bf5e6a86705cad4f7c09de3a84b.gif

Happy for everyone that's hyped, but I just can't get on board. I haven't enjoyed a Bethesda game since Morrowind, even though I naively kept trying, but I've finally learnt enough to know to just not get excited at all.
Hopefully, for everyone's sake and even mine (When I one day pick it up for like $2 on sale just out of curiosity), it somehow turns out better than expected.

lol.
It's posts like these that make me come back to NeoGAF all the time.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Get hype. I enjoyed New Vegas.

Wasn't there some guy that said Fallout 4 was going to be timed exclusive. My memory must be failing me.

Fallout 4 is going to be timed exclusive.

There, now I'm that guy. Believe every word I say.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
That looks Gamebryo. Prepare for rain going through the environment, loading into interiors, and janky animation.

KORNdoggy

well it looks crap, but given their options when it comes to engines that was hardly surprising. can't wait to get lost in that world though.

Hip Hop

Thats i have to agree with.

Witcher 3 to me looks really impressive. The foliage is the biggest thing in that game.

The Order is a joke. Closed and small environments without any interaction etc...

The Witcher 3 has some of the worst foliage I've seen. The lighting is especially hideous on it and the textures aren't all that.

Top Bottom