• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

Meia

Going to guess that you play the son/daughter of the family that was shown pre-bombs, then you get put into the vault without them and that's you walking out x amount of years later? Not sure how much time usually passes before people start leaving the vaults in the originals...

Holy hell that looks great. Too bad about Troy Baker being the voice of the main character though. Not because I want a silent protag, but because he obviously won't be voicing the female part. :p

If this game comes out this year, I'll truly freak the fuck out. Kind of weird to have the trailer before E3, but still admit in the vid that we'll see more of it at E3.

Agremont

Very mixed feeling as expected. Fallout= Good, Bethesda's vision of Fallout= Not so good.

What are the chances for a NV like game made by obsidian after this one?

Duraigo

Who wants on the Hype Train?

0kUqrpk.jpg

artsi

Eh, I'll have a new Fallout game anytime and I'll play it, but personally I'm a bit disappointed by the visuals. At least it looks like actual engine footage.

WITHE1982

I though that was very well done. I always wanted to go back and see those first nukes drop. Hype is at monumental levels. Can we pre-order yet?

Man

Graphically the most underwhelming reveal this generation.

It's good that they are straight-forward about their visuals unlike Tomb Raider though.

graphics look shit but at least there is a bit of colour this time. i dont care if they are trying to portray a wasteland, looking at grey and brown constantly is boring as hell. look forward to see gameplay

RDreamer

Environmental design/art style looks pretty awesome.

I'm still not really excited until they announce they've fired all the writers that have ever worked at Bethesda and start anew.

I agree but this is a reveal thread and people are excited about the game so there's no point in laying in to the game right now. People are allowed to like something especially as this looks like more of the same of Fallout 3 so this is probably sending people crazy right now.

I'm not laying into it, just bored of people telling me I can't talk about how bad the graphics are.

I'll wait for screenshots or gameplay but as a fan of Elder Scrolls and the modern Fallout games I am disappointed.

What worries me is that leak from way back that hinted at Boston and then we see Boston in the trailer.

I think that leak said the player character was voiced, which I really do not want out of a Fallout game.
A voiced protagonist would kill the game for me and my wife. A huge part of the fun of FO/TES is that you could put yourself into the character. Can't really do that in voiced RPGs.

Heartfyre

I would love it if the PC was actually a playable character rather than a playable avatar.

But I know I'm in the minority here. It would go some way to convincing me that Bethesda cares about their narrative this time.

Top Bottom