• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT| Atom Bomb Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I clicked on the "you're special" book in the intro and my character voiced a line but I was unable to distribute another point to SPECIAL. I'm about to leave the vault and I still don't have that extra point.

Glitch or am I misunderstanding what that book does?

Gotta wait till you have your pip boy

Also I'm having a tough time with stealth so far, only done the first mission clearing out those raiders in the factory but damn dude, you are so easy to spot.

I'm trying to get to the top of Trinity Tower, but I'm stuck in an elevator that won't go up.

Is there a fix for this?

Funny that you're talking about that tower, I was just heading there. Found a way to jump on top of a roof of an adjacent tower, even had some loot stored, but now it doesn't have a way to safely get down. :lol

Just got the power armor and I have some questions about inventory management. If I store junk and stuff at a workbench or whatever, can I access that stuff from any workbench or does it stay put?

Now the power armor...it's half broken and if I put it in my inventory it weighs too much. Should I just keep wearing it or dump in a workbench or something?

jacobeid

Banned

Liamc723

Funny that you're talking about that tower, I was just heading there. Found a way to jump on top of a roof of an adjacent tower, even had some loot stored, but now it doesn't have a way to safely get down. :lol

Did you get there via the balcony with the table and chairs? There's an elevator that works on the floor below there, but then the next elevator is the one that's broke for me.

StereoVsn

You experienced a radiation storm. It's random, weather events can happen at anytime, anywhere. I had my first radiation storm while I was standing on the deck of a US Navy boat.

I think he means with the steel hooks hanging the armor from the rack, but I don't think that actually happens anyway
You go between the hooks and then hit E to exit the armor. It will appear then properly placed in the station and you can repair/mod it.

Edit: Playing the game on PC and loving it. Only a few hours in.

Gunplay is a lot more fun. Scenery/Environments are a lot better vs older Fallouts/Skyrim. Gun Modification system is amazing. Doubled the power of that initial 10mm gun right in your home town since there is a workshop and plenty of stuff to break down.

Power Armor feels great and minigun shooting is pretty awesome.

I do dislike lack of skills and the new dialogue system. Also control mapping on PC is incredibly terrible. In That you can't change jack on it.

danowat

Banned
It's not a stupid question. What I think is stupid is people posting info and videos of how to glitch the game already, but that's just me.

It's not a spoiler, and it's clear what it does, so you don't have to do it.

It's not like it's spoiling the ending of the game, it's just a shortcut that you can choose to use, or not.

Soulflarz

Banned
It's not a stupid question. What I think is stupid is people posting info and videos of how to glitch the game already, but that's just me.

Well, its a certain author whos well known for clickbait. I mean yeah, she'll post it on a game thats a day out for that reason, erg.

Kind of sucks, not giving Kotaku that click.

And no not all of Kotaku is trash.

^It's moreso because people have a weird mentality that glitching isn't breaking the game vs using console commands.
Spawing it by console vs glitching it is the exact same thing minus someone being able to tell their friends they didnt cheat.

ekim

Just seen in another forum:

Minor NPC spoiler:
So I hacked Takahasi (the noodle robot from Diamond City) and commanded him to follow, now he keeps following me unless i turn him off and he constantly asks if i wanna buy his noodles if i don't. I don't wanna kill him. Any other way to get rid of him?

lol

how do you
hack
him?

aravuus

What lol

Let them abuse the glitches, and talk about them, as much as they want. Shouldn't be any skin off your back.

Sounds like one of those "don't cheat, you'll ruin the experience" posts to me, like.. No, fuck off buddy, I know what I like.

e: the last part wasn't aimed at you lol

Did you get there via the balcony with the table and chairs? There's an elevator that works on the floor below there, but then the next elevator is the one that's broke for me.

No, there's a little ramp in a raider camp and you can sprint jump over to the other side. Couple of corpses to loot there, but nothing else.

Found a way down by shimmying across a few ledges and dropping to the floor, was hoping for more. Especially when that big 'TRINITY TOWER DISCOVERED'-sign appeared on my screen right as I landed in it.

ekim

Btw I got a lot of chems out of one side quest (which was by far the best quest in the game so far). I was able to achieve a house in Diamond City from that. :D

Does Sanctuary ever get raided? Never had a raid happen yet and only have 2 shitty turrets lol. I have a few other settlements like that farm but haven't really done anything with them, just that I "own" them.

Soulflarz

Banned
What lol

Let them abuse the glitches, and talk about them, as much as they want. Shouldn't be any skin off your back.

Think its just diff opinions
Some actively mind breaking the game
Some love it
Some love it but refuse to mentally agree that they do it.

The first group minds all doing it, second loves it, third likes it but wouldnt compare it to simply console'ing it in.

MadSol

Unconfirmed Member
PS4 - only got about 3 hours in, my palate may be stale as a gamer but I thought it ran smooth and the graphics looked good. Looking forward to spending time in the wasteland.

Soulflarz

Banned
Does Sanctuary ever get raided? Never had a raid happen yet and only have 2 shitty turrets lol. I have a few other settlements like that farm but haven't really done anything with them, just that I "own" them.

I think your supplies like food and water have to outweigh your defenses?

Aasir Osu

Neo Member
Possible question already ask and answered (and if there's a crafting guide, my bad - point me to it):

How do you rotate structures (like prefab buildings, walls, etc.) while they're selected and ready to be placed? It seems like when I select something to build, it's always facing the wrong direction from what I would prefer, even when I think I'm positioned correctly.

d9b

Banned
What lol

I know, but game is just released and I don't want to know that there is money exploit and shit like that.. And people posting the fucking video of it on every page of this thread.
But as I said, that's just me, I think it's stupid.

dan2026

I don't think I can play this on PS4. Everytime I enter combat the framerate drops like crazy. Makes it impossible to aim. Super disappointed.

nOoblet16

I think the subtitles are bugged, often times in cutscenes the subtitle will freeze and won't follow up the conversation and the only way to get rid of it is to stop the "cutscene" by making the character move.

For people saying they don't wanna ruin the game by getting a strong weapon at the start at level 5 or 6 I booked it to a place filled with high level enemies I should NOT be fighting and ran past them as Dogmeat distracted them. Went all the way down some mines, fought some strong ass ghouls and got this badass sword with like 54 regular damage that has bleed. Drakesword 2.0.

To be fair I already bought a strong sword from a vendor too that has the same damage but I can only give it lightning damage later on when I have 1 more rank in blacksmith and 1 in science. I don't think I'll ever need a second rank in sience, at least not for now maybe later.

Soulflarz

Banned
I mean
I have a 20mm with 30 damage and a 24 ammo clip
That thing is about as OP as I need at level 12 lol.

Now where do I get more 20mm ammo? Serious, the Diamond City guy (Percy) doesn't sell them.

Mr. F

Banned
I think the subtitles are bugged, often times in cutscenes the subtitle will freeze and won't follow up the conversation and the only way to get rid of it is to stop the "cutscene" by making the character move.

I've had similar weird subtitle issues and mismatching. Also lines of dialogue that are really spaced out or have long pauses between sentences.

On a side note, I was hoping Preston was an outlier but woof there's some bad voice acting across the board.

Soulflarz

Banned
Can I steal a power suit someones been wearing? Like the chassis if I kill them?

Hmm that may be it, they're lower. Haven't put much effort into settlements yet, I plan on building a big one when I move more into the map.

Yeah the game told me that at some point, then I put a turret down and no food, so I haven't had to deal with raiders at all in that regard.

Fuck, not doing the Cryolator. I just want to do a full glitch free run first. I'll earn that bitch.

My man.

Shari

Can confirm. Happened to me several times yesterday while skiping dialogs.

I was running around with head/legs/body/arms armour but also in my underwear, then I realised could equip vault suit under all that.

Totally didn't realise you could wear a full body suit under individual armour pieces because some of the full body suits (ones that not full armour suits) de-equip all other armour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom