• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT| Atom Bomb Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I've mostly shelved Fallout 4 for now, after about 10 hours. The combination of the the clunky combat and awful UI have been enough to make the game very unenjoyable for me. I love the world Bethesda built as usual, but I really do not enjoy playing in it. After a few days hiatus, I tried again last night and concluded it's not something I'll be able to adjust to. The gunplay is just awful and it's turned me off from the game entirely. Fallout 4 is probably my biggest gaming disappointment of the past decade.

Man, that really sucks. I think the gunplay is serviceable and this game will likely be in my top twenty of the last decade.

So I'm on a quest for looking for a
missing brotherhood member
, and it took me to a satellite array filled with super mutants. It's insanely hard and I have no idea how to beat it.I'm level 13.

Lol...I know the one you are talking about.

I came back to it around 20 and still had a issue with
the one Super Mutant on the Dish shooting rockets at you
even in Power Armor it was a crazy fight but finally got through it.

Jamesbonz

Neo Member
kmDVhuN.png

bb5DN6W.png

Ellie is getting used to the apocalypse

Liljagare

Gold Member
Yeah, for some reason, this game has gotten me into that good ol' "just one trip more" feeling... Been years since I've enjoyed a game this much.

I suck at doing quests, keep heading out to do one, then "ooooh, shiney new house to explore", 4 hours later, I still haven't gotten to the quest location.

I love it, maybe the clunkyness of it all reminds me of the games from my youth? :p

So I'm on a quest for looking for a
missing brotherhood member
, and it took me to a satellite array filled with super mutants. It's insanely hard and I have no idea how to beat it.I'm level 13.

I managed to do it at about that level, but it was tough and took me awhile. I should have left and gone back but I was too stubborn.

Pilgrimzero

i'm curious how you guys are handling armor

My character still has the Vault Suit because of its bonuses, Ive found nothing else that compares. Especially if you mod it.

Then various armor pieces. Some legendary etc. Modded etc.

My armor is like 90 physical and 90 electrical. Like +2 to Agi and Perc and Luck.

While I like all the stats etc I look like a highway patrolman in a blue jumpsuit and metal strapped to my limbs.

I could of course not wear a helmet, or glasses, not use the vault uit and wear a lesser gear etc but I would feel so much less protected plus take a hit to my SPECIAL.

I want to look good but man I don't want to get shot up either.

The only thing I might do is use The Shroud outfit (modded) but even maxed out at level 45 it's still less armor then what I have now at level 26.

My character still has the Vault Suit because of its bonuses, Ive found nothing else that compares. Especially if you mod it.

My armor is like 90 physical and 90 electrical. Like +2 to Agi and Perc and Luck.

While I like all the stats etc I look like a highway patrolman in a blue jumpsuit and metal strapped to my limbs.

I could of course not wear a helmet, or glasses, not use the vault uit and wear a lesser gear etc but I would feel so much less protected plus take a hit to my SPECIAL.

The only thing I might do is use The Shroud outfit (modded) but even maxed out at level 45 it's still less armor then what I have now at level 26.

That's my biggest comaint with the game, there's all these clothing options but they're all useless when compared to the insane upgrades and mods you can get with armor. Yeah my guy is pretty powerful but he looks like a tool.

lt519

Not a clue, I'm at level 41 and I'm still using my original jumpsuit with upgrades. The armor pieces stats always heavily outweigh a complete outfit. I'm slowly collecting synth armor since it looks a little better. I have a few nice legendary pieces of it now.

I'm at level 20 and my armour is no where near that.

What, other than the vault suit, harness and leathers, can you wear under the armour pieces? The vault suit is just so ugly.

Fury451

Banned
The game and particularly the combat really sings when played at 60fps+ on PC.

However my fiance is playing on PS4 and I honestly think it looks nigh-on unplayable when in a combat scenario.

While I definitely agree that it shines brightest on PC, I really don't get this idea about it being unplayable on consoles. I'm playing it on PS4, and while I've noticed frame issues and the like, it's still very fun, and very functional.

I actually like the gun play better this time around, even though I'm less a fan of other things that they've done. Overall this is such a mixed bag of a game, but I can't stop playing it for some reason. Can understand it just not clicking for some though.

Ushay

Would be nice if we could see our companions Damage Reduction etc during trade or toggle over to their stats in some way.

danowat

Banned
I'm at level 20 and my armour is no where near that.

What, other than the vault suit, harness and leathers, can you wear under the armour pieces? The vault suit is just so ugly.

Not much, apparently all other outfits are too "thick" to allow armour over the top.

You can make laser weapons and launchers that fire nukes, and craft all kinds of stuff out of (literally) rubbish, but you can't put an adjuster on the armour to allow for a slightly thicker outfit under your armour.

Side quest spoilers at V
ault 81

Just realized that by being a selfless good guy and giving the boy the cure I now have a permenant -10 to max health because I got bit by the molerats. Didn't even notice it at first :(

Arjen

Only one things matters in armor.
Does it look good?

Kamina777

Banned
Heh.

Power armor I stole off a pacified raider got me through the worst of the Dunwich bores dungeoun..

Hey look I fell down a deep hole..
How do i get out..can't seem to jump as high as usual..whats wrong with my power armor?

Why am I drowning?

Oh my God get out of the power armor!!
Why can't I get out of the power armor..

I'm Dead.

Forgot to save.

Heh.

lt519

Heh.
Oh my God get out of the power armor!!
Why can't I get out of the power armor..

I did the same exact thing but I saved before taking the plunge with my Power Armor on (;

Places like Dunwich really make this game shine, seeing the flashbacks, reading the terminal stories, the atmosphere. You don't get that by just doing the main quest. People are complaining about missing creepy vaults, go check this place out.

Alpende

Just explored Dunwich Bores, what the fuck was that. Creepy as shit.

Anyway, came up against 3 legendaries and all of them dropped a missle launcher which either had a 50% damage increase against Ghouls, Mutants or animals.

Pretty strange.

lt519

Whelp I know what I'm doing later. Might have to find some of that ballistic fiber. I've had military grade duct tape but I've broken that down for adhesive. If you use a part, say a alarm clock, for a specific material do the other materials it breaks down into get put into the workshop?

Also was doing the castle siege minute men quest and the queen boss totally killed and destroyed two of the minute men almost immediately with her acid. It was so quick I thought it was scripted. Do those guys get replaced? What would they do if they survived?

One of the bodies is permanently there in my game still haha

R0ckman

With that new feature with affinity what happens if you mod a NPC into a follower slot? Does the game give them an affinity gauge or does it just make them act like a temporary NPC follower? There may not even be mods or console commands for all I know.

Also was doing the castle siege minute men quest and the queen boss totally killed and destroyed two of the minute men almost immediately with her acid. It was so quick I thought it was scripted. Do those guys get replaced? What would they do if they survived?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I am about to finish the game, and I feel like the game's quests are not really that good. It's been quite stale so far.
The game also lacks nice little hidden areas like Little Lamplight or Oasis from Fallout 3. There is just one city i.e. Diamond City and then there is a smaller one i.e. Good Neighbourhood, where you barely spend any time and they are also quite small. Nothing like The Strip, Rivet City or Megaton (although Megaton could equal to Diamond City, but it had a lot more stuff/quests associated with it). The final missions are all played in areas you have been wandering around many times.

It also lacks the writing and faction war of Fallout New Vegas ofcourse.

30 hours in myself and wholly agree. Just keep waiting for some of these vignettes or locations to really wake me up from near slumber. Outside of a nifty plotline in Vault 81, its been a letdown. Maybe when I finally meet the Initiative or whatever...

Kamina777

Banned
I did the same exact thing but I saved before taking the plunge with my Power Armor on (;

Places like Dunwich really make this game shine, seeing the flashbacks, reading the terminal stories, the atmosphere. You don't get that by just doing the main quest. People are complaining about missing creepy vaults, go check this place out.
I love reading about Raider leaders talking smack about raider leaders I've killed, mentioning how they would never let that happen to them.

Getting OHKO'd by a Super Mutant is super irritating.
The glorious touch down pose of a sucider super mutant never gets old..sure you know you gonna die when you see it, but still, gott respect his dedication.

Just got through Dunwich Borers last night. Great place but not as creepy as the Dunwich building in FO3. Still though, it was great to see that this Lovecraftian company is actually an in-universe thing now.

Zukuu

Banned
This game doesn't have the best gunplay in the world but I find it kind of unreasonable that people expect amazing gunslinging abilities

out of their fresh-from-vault character
who has zero skills besides actually being able to hold the gun
wielding the world's worst pipe weapons

I mean this is an RPG.

kind of.

right?

I don't even know anymore

Lakitu

st5fu
I've no idea how I'll cope in the Boston Ruins, I'm getting lost in Cambridge for crying out loud...

I've just started the Cambridge
Polymer Labs
quest. Is it good?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
time to finish it

and then continue playing

Kamina777

Banned
Playing dress up with my settlers has made my day, to every able man a pompadour, suit, and flamer, and all my vendors are women wearing mining hats and weilding suoer sledges.

Thank you Bethesda for allowing an equip option for settlers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom