• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT| Atom Bomb Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixxan

end game spoilers / question

i saved the 4 synths and my son basically said i was now an enemy of the institute, kicking me out - it seems ive also failed the railroad in the process by getting kicked out - lol. im now supposed to talk to preston and hes given me all these busy quests to establish settlements which i have little interest in doing - how far am i from the end?

anyone? :eek:

I've been doing some of these and still don't have it, and seem to be getting repeatable quests instead of anything forward moving now. Wish there was some more info on it.
When Tinker Tom talks about the ballistic weave it's some time around there you automatically get the ability to upgrade.

This game doesn't have the best gunplay in the world but I find it kind of unreasonable that people expect amazing gunslinging abilities

out of their fresh-from-vault character
who has zero skills besides actually being able to hold the gun
wielding the world's worst pipe weapons

I mean this is an RPG.

kind of.

right?

I don't even know anymore

Your character is a military veteran though. I dunno, I like the gunplay, but it's annoying when the framerate drops from 60 to 45 though and throws your aim off.

lt519

I still think people are taking the pipe weapons and going "Ugh, this gunplay is terrible." I have a .308 Combat Rifle with reflex sights that is basically a laser beam. Then the Righteous Authority with Reflex Sights and long barrel feels amazing. The starting weapons are piss poor with the exception of the 10mm pistols you can find.

antitrop

lol WHAT? The combat is easily one of the best parts from the game.

Ya, Fallout 3's combat is shit. Fallout 4's is such a substantial improvement that I can't call it shit no matter how hard it gets to aim properly on consoles when the framerate drops to 20.

Nameless

PSA for Melee users: Leveling Big Leagues to 5/5 halves your damage. Some are saying that it's just displayed incorrectly and you're actually still doing the increased damage, but my very brief tests were inconclusive to say the least.

Definitely disappointing for the part of my brain that wants to kill 200hp Raiders with 600 damage instead of 500+ damage, but I'm so OP at this point that not being able max melee isn't that big of a deal in practice--I could see it throwing a wrench in some people's builds, though. Hopefully it gets patched quick.

Kamina777

Banned
Ya, Fallout 3's combat is shit. Fallout 4's is such a substantial improvement that I can't call it shit no matter how hard it gets to aim properly on consoles when the framerate drops to 20.
I'm surprised by how much fine tuning for recoil reduction and hip fire actually helps the gunplay for me.

Man, (spoilers for main quest, Tactical Thinking)
I felt kinda guilty wiping out the Railroad. But I've committed myself to the Brotherhood at this point. Hadn't even done any quests with the Railroad yet. Still though, kinda guilty.

I'm already starting to think about my next playthroughs. Definitely two more (albeit one of them a short one) supporting the other two factions.

time to finish it

and then continue playing

I beat it last week and made a new character immediately after and gave myself 30 levels right at the start while also adding the harder enemy damage mod so I'm not overpowered. I'm having a lot of fun playing as Rick Deckard, reformed Blade Runner.

Trinity Towers/ Rex/ DJ marked questions:

1) I saved Rex and Strong. Rex mentioned he was going back to Radio. Haven't heard anything sense. What gives?

2) How do I trigger the quest for the DJ?

3) Do new music tracks open up in either scenario?

Rex
works for a different radio station whose broadcast station you can find. I forget where it is...maybe southwest-ish? But after that quest, he's there.

johnsmith

remember me
I love how the settler cap can be raised through charisma buffs from clothes and booze/drugs. Don't want to move to the castle because there's already 20 people there? What about now that I'm wearing a fancy new hat?

DMTripper

Does anyone know which key opens up the console command thingy if the usual key doesn't work? Also if anyone knows the command to get dogmeat back that would be great!

Actually a whole list of console commands would be cool :-D

Ya, I played on Normal and died quite a bit. Like... a lot. A whole lot.

I blame it mostly on my complete ignorance of Power Armor, didn't feel like doing the work to maintain those.

Yeah, the Power Armor is useless to me because I can never power it up. It also doesn't help that I wasn't using the VATS thingie because I thought you had to be in the Power Armor to use it. Derp.

Steejee

I still think people are taking the pipe weapons and going "Ugh, this gunplay is terrible." I have a .308 Combat Rifle with reflex sights that is basically a laser beam. Then the Righteous Authority with Reflex Sights and long barrel feels amazing. The starting weapons are piss poor with the exception of the 10mm pistols you can find.

I really like the weapon progression in the game so far. As it was, I did get a dropped pipe pistol after I had started using some nicer weapons that was better than most of the nicer guns I had. It was a bolt action pistol that could one shot most low level stuff despite little modding and no gun perks.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
How can I see if I'm a member of a faction or not?

I just started the quest for the BoS where
you first meet Maxson on the big Ventribird. I decided that I actually don't want anything to do with them but I don't remember if I already joined them or if the decision is still up ahead.

This quest was such an immersion breaker btw. It's just silly when they talk about destroying all synths when Nick Valentine is right in front of them and they don't seem to give a fuck.

antitrop

I just started the quest for the BoS where you first meet Maxson on the big Ventribird. I decided that I actually don't want anything to do with them but I don't remember if I already joined them or if the decision is still up ahead.

The decision on which faction to join is an end-game thing and VERY, VERY CLEAR when you get to it. Until the end of the game you can just be allied with everyone.

Does anyone know which key opens up the console command thingy if the usual key doesn't work? Also if anyone knows the command to get dogmeat back that would be great!

Tilde key to bring up console.

If your using Steam, just bring up the overlay and there is a steam guide that has all the console commands and values for items/weapons/skills.

DeaviL

Banned

Tilde. US keyboard layout may be required.
I just dumped azerty myself.

I just started the quest for the BoS where you first meet Maxson on the big Ventribird. I decided that I actually don't want anything to do with them but I don't remember if I already joined them or if the decision is still up ahead.

You're a member at that point, I think. At least I was.

Doesn't mean you can't make like a tree and leave, though.

Jisgsaw

Any way to force the game to keep my difficulty level? ini file I'd suppose (I'm on PC)
It resets back to normal every single time I start the game...

Edit: Holy fuck, I just fast traveled. At respawn point, I was greeted by a super mutant kamikaze...

Thanks guys.

Only issue is the tilde key doesn't work for some reason. I'm in UK.

Yep I'm on steam will check out the guide, thanks.

There is an option with the Fallout configuration mod on the Nexus to activate console commands if it doesn't work for you. I'm sure there are other ways to do it as well, but if your on PC the configuration mod makes editing all the .ini's very very easy.

SDCowboy

I feel like I've been playing the game wrong. When exactly should I wear and not wear the power armor? Is it something I should be wearing all the time, or only in tough situations?

I am about to finish the game, and I feel like the game's quests are not really that good. It's been quite stale so far.
The game also lacks nice little hidden areas like Little Lamplight or Oasis from Fallout 3. There is just one city i.e. Diamond City and then there is a smaller one i.e. Good Neighbourhood, where you barely spend any time and they are also quite small. Nothing like The Strip, Rivet City or Megaton (although Megaton could equal to Diamond City, but it had a lot more stuff/quests associated with it). The final missions are all played in areas you have been wandering around many times.

It also lacks the writing and faction war of Fallout New Vegas ofcourse.

The scale of everything in 4 blows away all those tiny locations in the past Fallouts. Boston itself is bigger than almost all the other "cities" combined from other games. Megaton is far smaller than Diamond City alone, with so many quests in it too.

The major difference I can only see is the lack of variety since so much of the game was put in a huge recreation of the city of Boston instead or a bunch of small settlements like in past fallouts. Even New Vegas is tiny location.

Ushay

Ya, I played on Normal and died quite a bit. Like... a lot. A whole lot.

I blame it mostly on my complete ignorance of Power Armor, didn't feel like doing the work to maintain those.

I die a whole lot on Survival, spent the first 20 levels running from Legendaries with tears streaking my down my face haha! Things are taking a turn of the better now that I'm close to 30, Rifleman perk doing some serious work finally feeling like a badass.

Power Armour is a game changer, feels soo good jumping into it for tough areas.

I feel like I've been playing the game wrong. When exactly should I wear and not wear the power armor? Is it something I should be wearing all the time, or only in tough situations?

Just wear it when you think you'll need it. I tend to wear it if I know there is a high likelihood of tough enemies or exploring an unknown area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom