• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

I played New Vegas after a long break, currently I'm at the Great Journey quest. I fucking love this game.

Are people this silly?

*sighing*.

Please ignore what's happening here.

giphy.gif

I have to imagine Bethesda, Yukes and Telltale are all playing a game of chicken with each other to see who can go the longest without updating their old busted tech.

Gestahl

I have to imagine Bethesda, Yukes and Telltale are all playing a game of chicken with each other to see who can go the longest without updating their old busted tech.

I love seeing screenshots from some random wrestling game from over a decade ago like Day of Reckoning or whatever and comparing them to the dank ass trash Yukes peddles out every year nowadays. It's almost like a reverse quality curve.

Here is a shot of Witcher 3 at max setting 4K. Who want to count the polygon sides now?
People talk about Fallout 4's indoor texture, but they don't realize how pulled back Witcher 3's camera is.
The base game of Witcher 3 is nothing more than a glorified up-res PS2 game with grass mod.
And the core gameplay is simply connecting the dots on a segmented map.
No exploration, no role playing, no character creation, it just needs some trinket collecting to be the perfect Assassin's Creed wannabe.
5M4srUQ.jpg

No exploration? No role playing?...

Did you even play the game?

Kosma

Banned
Which is why it is required for better enjoyment to disable the point of interest markers in UI menu.
Afterwards, zero checklists, just incredible world and highest quality writing and quests in an RPG yet.

Exactly, first thing I did when I got the game

Which is why it is required for better enjoyment to disable the point of interest markers in UI menu.
Afterwards, zero checklists, just incredible world and highest quality writing and quests in an RPG yet.

Afterwards, along with some fun quests and nice writing, a world still full of the same objective checklist material, just not clearly indicated to you. That'd be like saying Banjo Kazooie wouldn't be a collectathon if you didn't look at the strategy guide.

I think you got the fractal nature of points of interest, on a basic game design level, confused with the tackiness and immersion break of question marks. That's two separate things.

I knew as soon as this thread took off that we'd be seeing three things....

1) screenshots of a modded Fallout 3
2) screenshots of something up close
3) screenshots of Geralt

I wish Geralt would just die. I'm sick of seeing him. He ends up in every thread. This is supposed to about Fallout 4.

Denton

Afterwards, along with some fun quests and nice writing, a world still full of the same objective checklist material, just not clearly indicated to you. That'd be like saying Banjo Kazooie wouldn't be a collectathon if you didn't look at the strategy guide.

I think you got the fractal nature of points of interest, on a basic game design level, confused with the tackiness and immersion break of question marks. That's two separate things.

Ok, what do you mean when you say "objective checklist material" ? Do you mean the abandoned villages overrun by monsters you can destroy and watch people come back ? Or the bandit camps ? Or monster nests ? Because while these are sure more "generic" then the quests themselves, they are just something to do while travelling the world. There are no checklists involved, nobody is forcing Geralt/Player to seek them out and clear them, there is no 10/10 villages saved! like there is in Ubisoft games.
But the quests themselves, of which there are over 200, are the very antithesis of the Ubisoft school of shopping list design. And that is where the meat of the game is. They are almost all unique, fun, have their own cutscenes and well written dialogues. I find it disingenuous to say the game is "few steps removed from AC checklists" when this is, along with Fallout New Vegas, one of the least checklist filler based open world games ever made.
I sure as fuck hope Fallout 4 approaches its level of quest and writing quality, although juding based on Bethesda's past games, I am not holding my breath.

Bl@de

Just play Gothic 1 and 2 and forget three ever happened. :)

3 still has Community patches coming and an active mod community. It was bad on release ... but that's a long time ago.

But yeah, I would go for G2 with DX11 + L'Hiver mods too^^

Looks good to me. Fallout 3 was fucking ugly on XBox 360 at the time. I think this looks closer to what a modern open world game would be expected to be.

Game is looking awesome! The dog is looking crappier than the reveal though, hopefully it's because the dog is better in motion. His animations are pretty good in the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom