• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broank

*shrugs* Looks pretty damn good for PS4 and Xbox screens.

Just wish the game came out this week. The wait is gonna be hell. :(

I keep thinking this game has been rushed because bethesda need to claw back money after losing millions on elder scrolls online that no one wanted. Game looks awful and yes it does matter - we didn't get shiny new ps4's for crappy graphics.

The witcher 3 looks very good, as does far cry 4 - if bethesda can't at least match those i am not sure u want to buy their game.

Using an Alt just to shit on Witcher 3
KuGsj.gif

pathetic.

Witcher 3 is simply a bad game, just like New Vegas and Pillars of Eternity. I'm not saying I think they are bad. They ARE bad. Your disagreement is only your personal opinion, nothing more.

Denton

Since this thread is now about posting random screens from videogames, here are some nice ones

Fallout 3 vanilla

Fallout 3 with Fellout, the green tint remover

Some Witcher 3 for good measure

Witcher 3 is simply a bad game, just like New Vegas and Pillars of Eternity. I'm not saying I think they are bad. They ARE bad. Your disagreement is only your personal opinion, nothing more.

Look, even if one assumes you are not trolling, which is impossible, nobody cares.

Hypron

The sacrifices Bethesda have had to make in order to hit 30fps are pretty apparent.

yeah they should have stuck to 15 fps. i can't see the difference anyway and gameplay is the most important thing anyway. only nerds care about numbers

I'll give you this: dedication to your craft. You're beginning to push it a bit though.

In the off chance you're not trolling, nobody really cares about your opinion because it's so terribly communicated and so ridiculous.

I keep thinking this game has been rushed because bethesda need to claw back money after losing millions on elder scrolls online that no one wanted. Game looks awful and yes it does matter - we didn't get shiny new ps4's for crappy graphics.

The witcher 3 looks very good, as does far cry 3 - if bethesda can't at least match those i am not sure u want to buy their game.

I don't know about that. If people are willing to pay up for silly toy games with no depths like the green hat zelda series, I am sure theres going to be people who are willing to purchase a great game such as Fallout 4.

slash3584

I don't know about that. If people are willing to pay up for silly toy games with no depths like the green hat zelda series, I am sure theres going to be people who are willing to purchase a great game such as Fallout 4.

Come on, did your repertory run out so soon?

Those aren't even bait now.

In each post you make, you seem to be digging even deeper in mediocrity. It's kind of a talent at this point, I've got to admit.

It could definitely look better, but I think it looks fine. It's not like Bethesda has done anything in the past 7 years to make people have high expectations for the graphics in their games.

Steel

Banned

Your trolling ability peaked on the first post. It's a shame really.

Though I have to ask, how much did it physically hurt to type out that first post?

JaeCryo

Banned

looks like upres'ed HD version of a 2006 game, no joke
In fact, even this 2006 game has much more interesting looking landmarks than the flat yellow dirt land of Witcher 3.

ac5H6TB.jpg

post-38004-Jesse-Pinkman-drinking-water-g-lTAu.gif

Is this real life?

I guess this extra hour we've been given back is really something special. I'm falling hard for this bait.

ISee

This looks like a PS1 period of time troll. Haha Bethesda can't even get clever next gen trolls. This generation of consoles is already doomed!

JHandlebars

Neo Member
After looking at the pngs, it's what I expected. It doesn't look bad, and the hyperbole in this thread is making me smh, but it doesn't look great. Seems like an accomplishment for a game of this size and scope.

In those Spanish impressions is he talking about frame rate drops? I think the game looks fine, but not good enough for there to be frame rate drops.

imo SwimGender is right about Witcher 3 being a few steps removed from being an Assassin's Creed game when it comes to checklisting off objectives and points of interest until it devolves into routine.

I don't know why, man, but I believe him. I really, really enjoyed Witcher 3, one of the best purchases of my year, but it's a wee bit overrated imo. Combine that in this thread with Bethesda hate cliche, and he probably feels like the one guy who doesn't think Eminem is the best rapper of all time watching everyone else Stan out.

That Batman voice thing was too on point to be fake. Grass mod is too live.

Denton

Beth's Fallout games aren't exactly optimized, even on PC. so yeah, expect frame drops when stuff is computing.

Morrowind and Oblivion were pretty demanding, but I found FO3 and Skyrim running very well on release, 60fps without much effort. I expect FO4 will be running even better to be honest.

imo SwimGender is right about Witcher 3 being a few steps removed from being an Assassin's Creed game when it comes to checklisting off objectives and points of interest until it devolves into routine.

Which is why it is required for better enjoyment to disable the point of interest markers in UI menu.
Afterwards, zero checklists, just incredible world and highest quality writing and quests in an RPG yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom