• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4's release date listed as 2015 on the Bethesda store, GMG, Amazon, GS, EB

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This fall would be brilliant. It looks like a relatively sparse holiday season for my tastes, so Fallout 4 would fill the gap wonderfully.

don't think Sept is in Q1...

He means it will be delayed in September 2015 to early 2106.

Slermy

All in for the "surprise, it's out now!" reveal during the Bethesda conference.

Where and when?

You know what would be amazing? If they announced the release day on the release date.

I mean imagine that? They have a big showing at E3, then at the end they say "You can buy and play fallout 4....now."

I always wondered why no one has tried a release like that, I mean a series like this is going to sell PERIOD, so why not generate amazing excitement/hype by doing a super huge surprise release like that? Totally blow everyone's socks off.

I think the problem is that in a retail ecosystem, it'd be hard to keep everyone from stockers, to managers, to basic employees quiet about such a release. If everything were fully digital, then it could happen. Actually, I think Nintendo's pulled this off a few times with some of the eShop releases paired with Nintendo Directs.

You know what would be amazing? If they announced the release day on the release date.

I mean imagine that? They have a big showing at E3, then at the end they say "You can buy and play fallout 4....now."

I always wondered why no one has tried a release like that, I mean a series like this is going to sell PERIOD, so why not generate amazing excitement/hype by doing a super huge surprise release like that? Totally blow everyone's socks off.

If this happens it will take an actual Great War to ever top it.

Tigress

dude look at your avatar

that's a bigger open world game in 2015 with a lesser budget than this

im bummed out, yeah, what I meant is that this rarely happens with me so it should say something about how bad I think it looks

but, yeah, we're already discussing it elsewhere. still glad its coming

You know, the other fallout threads are already been ruined with this crap (you can't talk about anything else related to FO cause it gets drowned out) can we at least keep it out of a thread that this is very off topic to?

Fallout New Vegas Reveal: Mar 11th, 2010
Fallout New Vegas Launch: Oct 19th, 2010

Fallout 3 Reveal: May 2, 2007
Fallout 3 Launch: October 28, 2008

So....

I god damn knew it. This could be the most stacked fall in history.

How am I going to find time to play both fallout 4 and persona 5? I looking forward to both so much!

Hell Yeah, THIS is how you announce. None of this announce an announcement for a game that just getting off the ground. We all knew this was being made; Announce it near E3 for a fall release and get the fuck on with it!

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Guys, what if we get a Mass Effect this year?

Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, Mass Effect... Best year?

Drazgul

October 2015, come on!

satipo1akca.gif

Salsa

You know, the other fallout threads are already been ruined with this crap (you can't talk about anything else related to FO cause it gets drowned out) can we at least keep it out of a thread that this is very off topic to?

are you like, reading what you're quoting?

and the previous post

or my original edited out one

Me too. I hate the year or more wait where they drip feed us new information.

totally. I get that platform holders like to tease titles out-- particularly exclusives-- to give their base something to look forward to, but ideally we'd only have 6mo. max gap between reveal and release.

In the world of Early Access and Open Betas however, release tracks seem to be dragging on even longer, but probably because the player is being involved with it at an even earlier date :\

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
doom and fallout this year ?

or maybe doom beta this year and fallout 4 this year. then next year doom 4 releases

Red Hood

Banned
I honestly expected as much. A game like Fallout 4 doesn't need years of hype to build momentum. Announce that shit, release it within 6 months and a fuckton of people will be running towards it. But at the same time I thought I might have been a little optimistic. Can't wait for their conference in 2 weeks!

Top Bottom