• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu (08/31) - Persona 4 Golden (Vita, New Stuff), P4 Fighting (Arc/Atlus/Console)

Amir0x

Banned
DidntKnowJack said:
This times one million. That was my only complaint about P3P. I'd especially miss the cut scenes in P4.

looks like we're getting MORE animated cutscenes

oh boy oh boy

TP

Spruchy said:
Persona 4 was an amazing game, one of my favorite RPGs of all time in fact, but do all of you guys really want to replay it? I might be in the minority but it was a great experience that I have no need to relive.

I played through Persona 4 for the first time a few months ago. Since then i've played it through to the end twice.

So yes I would like to play an enhanced version

day 1

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The Demi-Fiend from SMT3: Nocturne better be a bonus unlockable in the fighting game. He'd fuck everyone up.

Hmmm, pretty interested in that fighter. Not a big fighting game person, but Blazblue is fun times.

And Persona 4 going to Vita is totally expected. Did people really think Atlus was going to pull the Persona series over to Nintendo at this point?

Beth Cyra

Happy about FF 3DS, could careless about Persona 4 without a Female MC and I have no desire to play a Persona based fighter so sadly not that much for me this week.

tokkun

Spruchy said:
Persona 4 was an amazing game, one of my favorite RPGs of all time in fact, but do all of you guys really want to replay it? I might be in the minority but it was a great experience that I have no need to relive.

I'm with you. I played Persona 3 through five times, but had no desire to play P4 more than once. Maybe it's because P4's story is so reliant on plot twists or maybe just because it was so similar to P3.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
TruePrime said:
Happy about FF 3DS, could careless about Persona 4 without a Female MC and I have no desire to play a Persona based fighter so sadly not that much for me this week.

Don't lose hope, I am sure they will put one in :(

Thoraxes

hosannainexcelsis said:
Hmmm, pretty interested in that fighter. Not a big fighting game person, but Blazblue is fun times.

And Persona 4 going to Vita is totally expected. Did people really think Atlus was going to pull the Persona series over to Nintendo at this point?
Was hoping for a PS3 version to be honest.

Re-posting since I was unfortunately last post of the second page:

Fighting game takes place two years post-Persona 4 and PERSONA 3 AND PERSONA 4 characters confirmed!!!

Andriasang said:
Atlus Announces Persona 4 Vita, Persona 4 Fighter, and Teases Persona 5

Posted on 08.31.2011 at 08:39, by Anoop Gantayat

This week's Famitsu has some major Persona announcements, ranging from the obvious to the totally unexpected.

First, the game everyone was expected, a remake of Persona 4. Atlus is bringing the PlayStation 2 title to PlayStation Vita as Persona 4 The Golden. This new version adds a number of new features:

A new character named Mary
1.5 times the voice of the PS2 version
Wireless support for calling on others to help you when you're about to die in a dungeon.
Other elements that fans of the original requested
New opening anime with new song from Shouji Meguro
New animation movies

A release is set for Spring 2012.

A bit more surprising is Persona 4 The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena. Atlus is teaming up with Arc System Works for a 2D fighter that will be released first for arcades in Spring 2012, then for PS3 and Xbox 360 in Summer 2012. The game is being developed by the BlazBlue team.

The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena has a new story that takes place two yeas after the events of Persona 4. Characters from Persona 4 and Persona 3 will feature in the game.

Famitsu also has a few preliminary details on the next numbered entry in the series, Persona 5. Basic preparations for the game's development have been completed, with the usual staff members in place. That includes Katsura Hashino as director, Shigenori Soejima as character designer, and Shouji Meguro as main composer.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/20...ts/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

klee123

hosannainexcelsis said:

A lot of people did because of the 3DS 3rd party title list during E3.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Aeana said:
P3P was cool because of the female MC option. I was happy to play it again and feel a much tighter connection than before. If P4 has that, I will get it too, but if not, I won't.

That's how I feel. I mean, I never really mind playing a game as male characters, but especially with silent protagonists I feel closer to the game playing as a girl than a guy. There is always a bit of a disconnect otherwise.

I really liked the P4 MC though, more than I ever liked the MC for P3. It's going to be weird if that is all changed for a female MC.

Oh gawd, Im there day 1.

So, if P4 Golden is out in Japan this spring, how long before Atlus brings it stateside?

Oh, and I also want to date Kanji.

sixclaws

Banned
Well I guess it's decided that I need to buy a Vita if I want my future Persona fix. Although now I'm wondering what the Persona for the 3DS is going to be.

Spiegel

hosannainexcelsis said:

Yes?
A Persona game was listed on the original 3DS game list

Beth Cyra

Hcoregamer00 said:
Don't lose hope, I am sure they will put one in :(
I honestly can't see it happening.

As it is with all the added dialog and extra cutscenes I can't see them taking and adding a female MC when they are already adding so much on top of everything else.

DR2K

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
Ugh, we will have to get used to this in every Vita announcement thread from now on, wont we?

Well they aren't releasing the fighting game on Vita, but on the HD consoles/ARC. I'm sure both systems will have both games eventually.

randomkid

I uh, would prefer to have no Kaneko-designed people or demons in the P3-P4 fighting game. Raidou vs. Fuuka is something I have no interest in seeing.

My feeling is that Old Persona and New Persona work best completely segregated. Very curious to see what the game looks like though!

Also happy for people who haven't played P4 already. I won't double dip, but this sounds great for newcomers.

Famitsu Review scores:
Tales of Xillia (PS3) – 10/9/10/10
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3/360) – 9/9/9/9
Resistance 3 (PS3) – 9/8/8/9
Super Sentai Battle: Ranger Cross (Wii) – 8/7/8/7
Rise of Nightmares (Kinect) – 8/7/7/7

Joule

P4 Vita? Yeah pretty much expected.
P4 Fighting? Holy crap.

If it's got solid mechanics I'm in there hardcore. Arcsys can do it up good. I wonder if it'll be Jojo-like what with the Personas and all. I kind of expect some sort of assist system (maybe akin to Arcana Heart). Awaiting more info.

Don

I wonder how that online stuff about calling on other player to help when you are about to die is going to work.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It seems that Famitsu talks also about...

Yakuza Black Panther 2 for PSP

From Sinobi

theBishop

Banned
AgentChris said:
Famitsu Review scores:
Tales of Xillia (PS3) – 10/9/10/10
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3/360) – 9/9/9/9
Resistance 3 (PS3) – 9/8/8/9
Super Sentai Battle: Ranger Cross (Wii) – 8/7/8/7
Rise of Nightmares (Kinect) – 8/7/7/7

Woah @ Tales. This game wasn't on my radar before.

Nice score for Resistance

Dizzy-4U

Day 1 DLC! You know you want it!!

GV8C1.png

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
11月17日発売■PS3:「PS3本体 NINOKUNI MAGICAL EDITION」

・白を基調としたマジカルゴールドに真珠のような質感をプラス
・価格は33,780円

No no Kuni PS3 bundle....

EXPENSIVE.

It'll be white in color of course.