• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu (08/31) - Persona 4 Golden (Vita, New Stuff), P4 Fighting (Arc/Atlus/Console)

Chavelo

/reads Persona 4 Portable coming to Vita
:O
tumblr_lqm0o52TFC1qafrh6.gif

/reads about Persona Fighting Game being made by Arc Sys
pqzjesuscamp.gif

Chie for GDLK TIER
persona4ChieSatonaka.jpg

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Lissar said:
That's how I feel. I mean, I never really mind playing a game as male characters, but especially with silent protagonists I feel closer to the game playing as a girl than a guy. There is always a bit of a disconnect otherwise.

I really liked the P4 MC though, more than I ever liked the MC for P3. It's going to be weird if that is all changed for a female MC.
I agree with all of this. I felt more connected to the game playing as a female in Persona 3 Portable.

P4's MC struck me as less manipulative than the P3 MC. I would love it if there were a female MC addition to P4: The Golden, though.

Infinite Justice said:
Persona fighting game? wat

by Arc? wat

WAT?
Being developed by ARC SYSTEM WORKS :)O) is kind of making me interested.

kunonabi

I want to be excited for a Persona fighting game but Arc System Works is terrible at animation. Well at the very least the character designs will be better than Blazblue.

Mupod

Trojita said:
The Demi-Fiend from SMT3: Nocturne better be a bonus unlockable in the fighting game. He'd fuck everyone up.

this

I'd be surprised if him and raidou weren't in it as secret characters.

MechaX

Bebpo said:
The problem with a megaten fighter is between main characters and demons there are like 500 characters to choose a roster of 12-16 from.

P3/P4 leads sort of makes sense, though it really doesn't since half of them aren't fighting characters.

I do hope there is a Raidou cameo character though. Raidou is the best SMT lead in a while.

And there better be a jack frost sprite attack :p

I dunno. All you would really have to do is cut down the roster to the most important/fan-recognized characters from each title. So in that scenario, you could have something that potentially looks like...

SMT I/II - SMT Main, Law Hero, Chaos Hero, Cerberus, Aleph
SMT If - Tamaki, Demon Emperor
Majin Tensei I/II/Ronde - lol
Devil Summoner - Uh... Sid?
Soul Hackers - Nemissa
Devil Summoner (Raidou) - Raidou
SMT III - Demi-Fiend, Dante (lol)
Persona 1 - Main, Guido (or whatever his original name was)
Persona 2 IS/EP - Tatsuya, Maya, Joker,
Hitler
Persona 3 - Main, Aegis, Junpei/Yukari
Persona 4 - Main, Yosuke, Chie,
Adachi
Strange Journey - Main
Devil Survivor - Main, Yuzu
Demikids/Lost Bible/Revelations Demon Slayer - lol
Misc Demons - Jack Frost, Lucifer, Metatron, YHWH

And going by Capcom cross-over game logic, you could just have any random foe as a "boss," like Nyaralathotep or YHWH.

Raiku

Kagari said:
11月17日発売■PS3:「PS3本体 NINOKUNI MAGICAL EDITION」

・白を基調としたマジカルゴールドに真珠のような質感をプラス
・価格は33,780円

No no Kuni PS3 bundle....

EXPENSIVE.

It'll be white in color of course.

No no..?

Bebpo

Banned
Dedication Through Light said:
Didnt P4 release just mere months after they said it was in development? I find it shocking that development of P5 just began.

Errr...they say planning stages are done. This is usually half of a game's development in Japan, the planning stage and then the programming stage. They couldn't start on the programming stage until they'd finished Catherine and that's only been out for 3-4 months now.

P5 will probably be fall 2012.

kunonabi said:
I want to be excited for a Persona fighting game but Arc System Works is terrible at animation. Well at the very least the character designs will be better than Blazblue.

And the PS3 version won't have input lag like a Capcom fighter. :p

atre324

AgentChris said:
Famitsu Review scores:
Tales of Xillia (PS3) – 10/9/10/10
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3/360) – 9/9/9/9
Resistance 3 (PS3) – 9/8/8/9
Super Sentai Battle: Ranger Cross (Wii) – 8/7/8/7
Rise of Nightmares (Kinect) – 8/7/7/7

Wow... decent score for Rise of Nightmares? And it's coming out soon too.

That other translated bit definitely looks like a 3DS Fatal Frame game that uses AR codes... maybe it'll come with a notebook like Ni no kuni or something...

I couldn't get through Persona 3 in any form, but I loved Persona 4. Am I weird? I think I might have to get P4 for vita, for sure

A Persona fighting game could be fun will check it out .
Also will get Persona 4 for vita since i did not put much time into in on PS2.
Can't wait to hear more about Persona 5.

I think the most surprising thing, actually, is the fact that Persona characters will be on Xbox 360 in some form.

This is all around awesome news. PS4 Vita. <3

Don

No idea what the "highly requested feature" could be.

The only other thing I want now would be a female MC with new music and cutscenes unique to her side.

Diebuster

Is the Fatal Frame game a port? It has the same name as the Wii game if I'm not mistaken.

edit: Just saw post above me, nevermind!

Bebpo

Banned
MechaX said:
I dunno. All you would really have to do is cut down the roster to the most important/fan-recognized characters from each title. So in that scenario, you could have something that potentially looks like...

SMT I/II - SMT Main, Law Hero, Chaos Hero, Cerberus, Aleph
SMT If - Tamaki, Demon Emperor
Majin Tensei I/II/Ronde - lol
Devil Summoner - Uh... Sid?
Soul Hackers - Nemissa
Devil Summoner (Raidou) - Raidou
SMT III - Demi-Fiend, Dante (lol)
Persona 1 - Main, Guido (or whatever his original name was)
Persona 2 IS/EP - Tatsuya, Maya, Joker,
Hitler
Persona 3 - Main, Aegis, Junpei/Yukari
Persona 4 - Main, Yosuke, Chie,
Adachi
Strange Journey - Main
Devil Survivor - Main, Yuzu
Demikids/Lost Bible/Revelations Demon Slayer - lol
Misc Demons - Jack Frost, Lucifer, Metatron, YHWH

And going by Capcom cross-over game logic, you could just have any random foe as a "boss," like Nyaralathotep or YHWH.

I wonder who is the final boss. I'm guessing either Lucifer, the P3 final boss, or Demi-fiend. Between Lucifer and Demi-fiend not sure who I'd prefer; both would be pretty awesome.

dralla

In the P3 vs P4 thread I said how I wanted a Persona fighting game. It makes perfect sense really. Disappointed that it's only P4 though, wanted all the P3 characters in there too

I guess I should be happy about a Persona fighting game, but still, ASW? Ugh. Will wait for price drop.

P4 for Vita, though? I would slap a child to get that early.

18-Volt

Wow, Vita has already got all the Japanse developer love, hasn't it. I suppose with P4 is coming to Vita, Atlus considers making a Etrian Odyssey 4 to 3DS. 'Cause I can't take anymore of these crappy 3DS game anouncaments (what the hell is Rhythm Thief?).

7Th

Am I seriously the only one worried about the lack of a female route in P4V? From what they're pimping in this announcement, this going to be more FES, rehash, and less P3P, genuinely new experience.

Dizzy-4U

dralla said:
In the P3 vs P4 thread I said how I wanted a Persona fighting game. It makes perfect sense really. Disappointed that it's only P4 though, wanted all the P3 characters in there too
P3 characters are in.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Persona fighting game? awesome. I hope Mitsuru has a useless marin karin inspired move the AI can spam.

Aeana

7Th said:
Am I seriously the only one worried about the lack of a female route in P4V? From what they're pimping in this announcement, this going to be more FES, rehash, and less P3P, genuinely new experience.
No. Read back some. All of the female posters in this thread, myself included, have mentioned it!

Kyon

Banned
7Th said:

as long as there isnt point and click navigation im good.

Top Bottom