• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu (08/31) - Persona 4 Golden (Vita, New Stuff), P4 Fighting (Arc/Atlus/Console)

Persona 5 should be on all systems but if Wii U not out by then if might get a port with extra content along with a vita version i guess.
They could always add the extra stuff to console as DLC.

MechaX

Dizzy-4U said:
*Matador*

I'll main Aegis and like, rock. (That pic reminds me that I need to replay Nocturne one of these days)

But just real talk, now that I think of it; Didn't Arc help out with the Sengoku Basara and Hokuto no Ken fighting games and didn't those end up being broken as shit?

7Th

shidoshi said:
I'm not going to get worried just yet. Let the wave of joy over the announcement wash over fans, then in your next reveal piece you show off the new female MC and talk more about that part of the game.

I mean, unless they decided that there wasn't enough response to P3P to put in that effort again, which I really hope isn't the case.

The first thing they revealed about P3P was the female heroine. Besides, would they really reveal a new supporting character and wireless support before a genuinely game changing feature?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Nirolak said:
Given the general visuals of Catherine and the fact that it's on Gamebryo, they could probably multiplat it to the Vita as well if they wanted.

Then again, if they did that, they couldn't later do a portable re-release.

You know it will happen.

Persona 5 for the PS3/360, and then Persona 5 Portable for the PS Vita (maybe with a female lead added in).

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
P4V seems like a rehash from the information in the OP. Nothing to get particularly excited about for people who have played the original.

Has there been any word on whether Persona 5 will offer male/female playable characters?

Aeana said:
1. Female MC, 2. Date Kanji.

Obviously.

Please. :(
Sorry dear, Kanji don't roll that way.
InfiniteNine said:
Why are people talking about Persona then?
2igk9r5.jpg

mollipen

7Th said:
The first thing they revealed about P3P was the female heroine. Besides, would they really reveal a new supporting character and wireless support before a genuinely game changing feature?

Shut up, I'm trying to have hope!

And I'm calling it now: Chie is going to be the Ryu AND Ken of the fighting game. It'll be like, "Oh look... another Chie player. *sigh*"

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Aeana said:

Obviously.

I just realized there aren't any characters I find interesting enough to date in P4. :/

I had that problem with P3 too.

Thoraxes

I keep going through thoughts of anger, happiness, questioning, and acceptance on this news.

I don't know how i'm supposed to feel. I want this game, but I want more content and a FeMC route. At the same time it's portable Persona 4 which is awesome. I question why isn't it on the PS3 when apparently ports int he opposite direction should be fine. Then I realize I just want to play games and be happy, and then I keep thinking circularly.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FEEL?

randomkid

Famitsu provide a hint for the mysterious unnannounced feature: “The addition of __, the __ part will be announced later.”

Hmmm, think people wanting a female MC in P4 should feel a bit more optimistic. What else could this plausibly be?

Anyone know if Japanese fans also heavily requested a female MC?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I never played P4, so what could a "highly requested addition" be?

Either way, as long as they're withholding something relatively "big," then I hope that raises the chances of a FeMC.

(that is unless the majority of people didn't respond too well to P3P and didn't request such changes for P4 enough)

Aeana

ninj4junpei said:
Sorry dear, Kanji don't roll that way.
They copped out his gayness in the game, which was a huge disappointment as it was.

Lissar said:
I just realized there aren't any characters I find interesting enough to date in P4. :/

I loveee Kanji.

x3r0123

shidoshi said:
Shut up, I'm trying to have hope!

And I'm calling it now: Chie is going to be the Ryu AND Ken of the fighting game. It'll be like, "Oh look... another Chie player. *sigh*"

TRIAL OF THE DRAGON

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
randomkid said:
Hmmm, think people wanting a female MC in P4 should feel a bit more optimistic. What else could this plausibly be?

I certainly hope it is the case, since a female MC would be probably the only reason for me to replay the game again.

As I said earlier, I will buy it regardless, but a female MC really does improve the gaming experience.

7Th

randomkid said:

The problem is that when P3P was first revealed the very first thing they hyped was the female heroine.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Aeana said:

Obviously.

Kanji >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yosuke by a large mile.

I'd like to date Adachi for the laughs and
creepiness
, though.
I don't mind JYB. >.>

Lissar said:

I didn't think Akihiko or Shinji were that bad. But I kind of agree. There weren't a lot of appealing guys in P3. P4 kind of has the same issue.

Unless they let the female protagonist date women or guys outside of the main group, which would be interesting.

Professor Beef said:
I would never slap Nanako. Hasn't she been through enough? T____T
Nanako is one of the best kids in a videogame. I'd hope no one slaps her. :O

Another benefit of playing as a female MC would be the relationship change between her and Nanako. I'd like to see if Atlus does anything extra with it.

FreeMufasa

yeah this confirms my Vita purchase.

It also means I won't be replaying Persona 4 this year like I had planned. Capitalism ho!

scy

Miri said:
P4 gets a new waifu. That's all that really matters. You all know it.

But ... but ... Rise...

P4V means I definitely bought a Vita. And BlazBlue: P4 Edition has my interest if only for the sheer audacity of it.

Minamu

Read something about a teaser for Persona 5 over at n4g.com. What's that about? The link gave a database error...

Edit: Oh :)

Dark Schala said:
I'd like to date Adachi for the laughs and
creepiness
, though.
I don't mind JYB. >.>

Wouldn't getting close to Young Detective risk breaking the plot twist?

Also Jeff Gerstmann just tweeted this: http://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/108697621194997761

Jeff Gerstmann said:
As long as that Persona 4 fighting game lets you select both Chie and a tank as playable characters, it'll be PERFECT.

:lol

Clott

Omg omg omg, I almost just did a dance at work!! I can't freaking wait.

Does anyone know if we will be able to connect the vita to a tv?

Boney

Banned
Ok, this time I'll keep my promise to Red Scarlet and get into the Persona franchise.

Been avoiding it for far too long.

Top Bottom