• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu (08/31) - Persona 4 Golden (Vita, New Stuff), P4 Fighting (Arc/Atlus/Console)

This is truly an incredible day.

Atlus, you are stealing all of my damn money, I hope you fucking know that.

CHIE WILL BE TOP TIER OR HEADS WILL ROLL

Quick, someone post that old pic of the fake sprite-based MegaTen fighter! The one with Persona guys on one side of the character select screen and other dudes on the other side!

Silh

Joule said:
P4 Vita? Yeah pretty much expected.
P4 Fighting? Holy crap.

If it's got solid mechanics I'm in there hardcore. Arcsys can do it up good. I wonder if it'll be Jojo-like what with the Personas and all. I kind of expect some sort of assist system (maybe akin to Arcana Heart). Awaiting more info.
Came to post the exact same thing.

Jesus, all this Persona I CAN'T HANDLE IT

Famitsu also has a few preliminary details on the next numbered entry in the Persona series, Persona 5. Basic preparations for the game's development have been completed, with the usual staff members in place. That includes Katsura Hashino as director, Shigenori Soejima as character designer, and Shouji Meguro as main composer."

This is all well and awesome...but "basic preparation for the game's development have been completed" -- wtf does that mean? It doesn't sound like the game is substantially in the middle/end of development. I expected more to be completed since Catherine's release earlier this year.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
tom_cruise_happy_gif.gif

Beth Cyra

7Th said:
Am I seriously the only one worried about the lack of a female route in P4V? From what they're pimping in this announcement, this going to be more FES, rehash, and less P3P, genuinely new experience.
IF you read that press release I really don't see how it wouldn't be FES pretty much.

With the amount of changes that Female MC would likely to get if it was there, then it would certainly be listed given that huge change/addition log.

Ellis Kim

Banned
So it sounds like this is going to be the definitive version, though it won't have the original anime intro or whatever?

I'm almost tempted to pick up P4 just to have the original on hand :S

I wish they'd reveal whether or not you can walk around.

MechaX

Bebpo said:
I wonder who is the final boss. I'm guessing either Lucifer, the P3 final boss, or Demi-fiend. Between Lucifer and Demi-fiend not sure who I'd prefer; both would be pretty awesome.

Lucifer, Nyx, YHWH, or someone new. Probably not YHWH because the dude actually hasn't been onscreen since SMT II.

I'm hoping Raidou and Demi-Fiend are at least secret bosses. And unfortunately, I will only be satisfied if they kick ass on SNK Boss levels of absurdity.

randomkid

hosannainexcelsis said:
Forgot about that. Still, by now it should be apparent how much faith we can put in that list.

Yeah people really need to give up on that list. It's full of cancelled/vaporware announcements. Most of the interesting announcements were explicitly framed as vague intentions to one day bring the franchise on the system at best, people just let their imaginations run wild.

I do think Etrian Odyssey and some SMT game will end up on the system though eventually.

Thoraxes

I just want a romance social link with Moroka before
he dies.
If they did it in P3P with
Shinjiro
I see no reason they can't do it here with a FeMC.

Korigama

Ellis Kim said:
So it sounds like this is going to be the definitive version, though it won't have the original anime intro or whatever?

It's possible that they could include both. P3 FES had both the FES intro and the original.

Why are people getting excited over the Tales of Xillia scores?

I thought reviews in Famitsu were considered a joke?

Edit: Not trying to be a dick, or rain on anyone's parade; I actually am curious.

Dizzy-4U

MechaX said:
Lucifer, Nyx, YHWH, or someone new. Probably not YHWH because the dude actually hasn't been onscreen since SMT II.

I'm hoping Raidou and Demi-Fiend are at least secret bosses. And unfortunately, I will only be satisfied if they kick ass on SNK Boss levels of absurdity.
DC7WJ.jpg

7Th

Aeana said:
No. Read back some. All of the female posters in this thread, myself included, have mentioned it!

I'm sorry, it was hard to notice among all the unwarranted gushing happiness. As I see it, this announcement doesn't deserve a single bit of excitement.

TruePrime said:
IF you read that press release I really don't see how it wouldn't be FES pretty much.

With the amount of changes that Female MC would likely to get if it was there, then it would certainly be listed given that huge change/addition log.

Biggest fucking letdown ever.

Trojita

InfiniteNine said:
Hell yeah Umineko no Naku koro ni Chiru PS3! Give me Dlanor, Will, and Erika's new sprites and voice acting!
http://i.imgur.com/p3aYC.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]
This is a thread about cool Japanese games. Get that out of here.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
FateBreaker said:
my bet is PS3, 360, and Wii U.
Given the general visuals of Catherine and the fact that it's on Gamebryo, they could probably multiplat it to the Vita as well if they wanted.

Then again, if they did that, they couldn't later do a portable re-release.

Emitan

FateBreaker said:
bandwagon?

my bet is PS3, 360, and Wii U.
I guess. From what I've played of the games I like the characters, so at least there's that.

Nirolak said:
Given the general visuals of Catherine and the fact that it's on Gamebryo, they could probably multiplat it to the Vita as well if they wanted.

Then again, if they did that, they couldn't later do a portable re-release.
They can just pretend they're Capcom.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
wrowa said:
Remember when Persona was "announced" for the 3DS? Yeah, funny, isn't it.
People cling to pre-launch/announcement lists too hard, chances are they have nothing Persona related in development for 3DS even if the company wants to put Persona on the system.

Trojita

Brazil said:
I hope it's on PS3, 360 and Wii U, so that everyone can be happy.
I hope we could get a non-gimped version on each console, but that is never going to happen.

Spiegel

7Th said:
I'm sorry, it was hard to notice among all the unwarranted gushing happiness. As I see it, this announcement doesn't deserve a single bit of excitement.

Biggest fucking letdown ever.

There's still hope

SolidSnakex said:
Famitsu mention a mysterious highly-requested feature that has also been added to the game but will be announced at a later date.

Famitsu provide a hint for the mysterious unnannounced feature: “The addition of __, the __ part will be announced later.”

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/3...or-persona-4-the-golden-for-playstation-vita/

funny how everyone is flipping the shit out about this vs the rather tame air around Devil Survivor OC on 3ds =P

Wonder if they will stick with the visual novel style of thing like in p3p to "work better for a portable system".

I'm so pumped for the giantbomb QL of this at the very least.

Still a bit strange this isn't coming out for psp or 3ds. Sounds like a good way to make extra dough with how well 3ds is doing in japan these months.

Probably money traded hands somewhere.

mollipen

7Th said:
Am I seriously the only one worried about the lack of a female route in P4V? From what they're pimping in this announcement, this going to be more FES, rehash, and less P3P, genuinely new experience.

I'm not going to get worried just yet. Let the wave of joy over the announcement wash over fans, then in your next reveal piece you show off the new female MC and talk more about that part of the game.

I mean, unless they decided that there wasn't enough response to P3P to put in that effort again, which I really hope isn't the case.

InfiniteNine said:
Why are people talking about Persona then?

That's is, we're done being friends.

Time to fail my spring semester of college! I'll be spending a solid week playing Persona 4. I'll be ignoring everything else.

People will probably expect that I die during that week.

Top Bottom