• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu - 23 Sep (Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 & Halo ODST Review)

Joule

jeremy1456 said:
Guilty Gear Accent Core: XX?

Accent Core had a lot of tweaks and even additions to the gameplay like force breaks for example. A very different game from Slash.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
From rykomatsu:

SO4 interview with Yamagishi
-I'm no longer going to create SO4 series
-I'm happy with 3, even though the ending had mixed opinions
In re: PS3 version
-1 disk so no disc swapping makes things easier
-Battles have been rebalanced
-Improved playability
-360 version had high saturation and was a bit shiny/flashy since it was more for an international audience, but the PS3 version is a little warmer looking.
-Be happy that the last SO for me will be ending up on PS3

Jonnyram

Wow. Famitsu really throwing their weight behind ps3 now. Vesperia review was totally unexpected; they never review ports / re-releases. Same score for Sigma 2 too.

lupinko

Kagari said:
Valkyria 2 - 1/21/2010
Ryu ga Gotoku 4 - Spring 2010

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Now Sony and Sega, make sure you two lovebirds make me a Valkyria PSP bundle and a RGG4 PS3 Slim, providing both are uber sexy, which they will be, I will buy both post haste!!!

:D :D :D

Mrbob

Jonnyram said:
Wow. Famitsu really throwing their weight behind ps3 now. Vesperia review was totally unexpected; they never review ports / re-releases. Same score for Sigma 2 too.

Next gen finally begins in japan.

Mrbob said:
Uh, what?

I'm not sure what he's talking about there, but Hayashi has said that there's a big surprise in NGS2 that all NG fans deserve. Many people have speculated that it's a teaser for the next NG game.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
FF13
Serah's hairstyle is derived from another title's actress
Hope was designed during the audition for motion capture
Snow and Serah's necklaces are engagement necklaces
Remember the FF13 title logo
Hope's the only person allowed to call Lightning, Light-san. Even the dev staff is required to call her Lightning (lol)
The menu screen for the TGS demo will still have an important menu selection still hidden. Can't talk about the secret atm. Important aspect related to 13's system.

Septimus

Kagari said:
FF13
Serah's hairstyle is derived from another title's actress
Hope was designed during the audition for motion capture
Snow and Serah's necklaces are engagement necklaces
Remember the FF13 title logo
Hope's the only person allowed to call Lightning, Light-san. Even the dev staff is required to call her Lightning (lol)
The menu screen for the TGS demo will still have an important menu selection still hidden. Can't talk about the secret atm. Important aspect related to 13's system.
:lol :lol Wow.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
More on FFXIII:

-Sahz' summon is a red armor wearing fire elemental person that changes into a car
-^--Original summon, not Ifrit
-Snow's weapon is the embroidery on the inside of his coat
-The [TGS] demo has the "knock up" command removed. It's automatically executed to make gameplay easier
-Sahz' afro moves around subtley as he walks
-There's a wind parameter. When there's wind, plants sway. The afro sways as well

JoeFenix

Kagari said:
-360 version had high saturation and was a bit shiny/flashy since it was more for an international audience, but the PS3 version is a little warmer looking.

Translation - We ditched the HDR rendering because we couldn't get it working

ethelred said:
Karaoke duets, hot springs, and ping pong? You figure it out.

Obviously RGG is going to have stuff geared toward Japan since it takes place there. I just mean that they both have dating activities.

lupinko

SolidSnakex said:
Obviously RGG is going to have stuff geared toward Japan since it takes place there. I just mean that they both have dating activities.

The dating activities in RGG are actually fun though, that's the big difference here. :lol :D

ethelred

SolidSnakex said:

Right, but you guys are always, like, "it's failing in the US because Sega won't market it." Well, go ahead and market it -- do billboards and television campaigns featuring ping pong and karaoke duets. Saying "you can date in GTA4, too" isn't really much of a commentary on why GTA will continue to be successful with Americans and Yakuza never will be.

xfactor

Banned
I hope i am not reading wrong, but it seems to say that Zhao Yun (PS3 Multi-Raid) and Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2) will appear in each other's game. Not exactly sure how...?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The Third Birthday will have a small showing at TGS.
New FF Versus XIII info at the beginning of next year.
Agito XIII new info may come before Versus, the battle system is different from Crisis Core's, more like an action game.

xfactor said:
I hope i am not reading wrong, but it seems to say that Zhao Yun (PS3 Multi-Raid) and Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2) will appear in each other's game. Not exactly sure how...?
I read the same thing

You know Tecmo I was joking when I said you and Koei should get together and make a Ninja Gaiden Musou game.

I just realized it'd be stupid as hell.

xero273

xfactor said:

lol dynasty warrior in my ninja gaiden...

Darkpen

Banned
xfactor said:
wat

Best part is now I can look forward to the cast of Dynasty Warriors meeting the DoA cast and having a pillowfight. Oh yeah throw in the Samurai Warriors as well as all those wacky kids from Orochi. While we're at it let's bring in everyone from the Fatal Frame and Deception series. Throw in the Monster Rancher cast just in case.

I don't know what kind of game it'll turn into but it'll sell a million copies and Koei will make a dozen sequels and spin-offs to it.

Top Bottom