• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu - 23 Sep (Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 & Halo ODST Review)

duckroll

bernardobri said:
Who's confirmed in the cast?

Romi Park, Nana Mizuki, Kikuko Inoue, Yuu Kobayashi, etc.

Shadowlink said:
I wonder what it will be. Maybe it has to do with that little Chocobo.

No, it's an original summon design, but it's still an armored flame dude who transforms into a car. It's just not Ifrit.

kiryogi

Banned
Gunloc said:
Is it Tsubaki? They do have the same hair accessories. If so, her new outfit is quite the change.

Think that's her, but it'd be nice to see rest of the page. But yeah uh. what's with the get up. Her eyes and hair accessories match tho...

Giolon

kiryogi said:
Think that's her, but it'd be nice to see rest of the page. But yeah uh. what's with the get up. Her eyes and hair accessories match tho...
And her name is on the page right next to her, above the screenshot. (I can see "ツバキ").

kiryogi

Banned
Giolon said:
And her name is on the page right next to her, above the screenshot. (I can see "ツバキ").

Yeah, the fact that it's above the screen shot too. But just to be sure, it'd be nice to see the entire deal. Though i guess this works out. I was really wondering how Tsubaki would do what she was told to do in true ending. Crazy get up get!

lupinko

Shadow780 said:
The new WKC game is WKC2 or Game of the Year edition?

and woot! Musou Ninja Gaiden crossover begins.

It's WKC2, WKC EX Edition is the budget rerelease with patches and bonus stuff included.

duckroll

bernardobri said:
Any males? I suppose Banjo Ginga will voice Miller.

Tomokazu Sugita is Miller. Houchu Ohtsuka is Galves. Hideyuki Tanaka (JP Otacon) is Huey. Mugihito is Coleman.

Oh and Yumi Kikuchi (Raging Raven) is Strangelove.

Romi Park - Amanda

Nana Mizuki - Pas

Kikuko Inoue - Chico

Yuu Kobayashi - Cecil

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
duckroll said:
Tomokazu Sugita is Miller. Houchu Ohtsuka is Galves. Hideyuki Tanaka (JP Otacon) is Huey. Mugihito is Coleman.

Oh and Yumi Kikuchi (Raging Raven) is Strangelove.

Tomokazu Sugita? Holy... D:

More details about the characters please. The JP cast sounds amazing.

Darkpen

Banned
I looked up Romi Park, just on the note that the last name is distinctly not Japanese, and I now know that the cartoon Ed, Edd, and Eddy was apparently brought to and dubbed in Japan :lol :lol

Did not know that. I wonder if it has a fanbase.

lupinko

Darkpen said:
I looked up Romi Park, just on the note that the last name is distinctly not Japanese, and I now know that the cartoon Ed, Edd, and Eddy was apparently brought to and dubbed in Japan :lol :lol

Did not know that. I wonder if it has a fanbase.

Yeah, she's Korean, it's no different than Lenne Hardt. Seiyuus don't always have to be ethnically Japanese ya know? :lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
lupinko said:
Yeah, she's Korean, it's no different than Lenne Hardt. Seiyuus don't always have to be ethnically Japanese ya know? :lol
Huh? She was born in Japan.

xfactor said:
Tokimeki Memorial 4 - 3 Dec 2009
What does this game, Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus and Phantasy Star Portable 2 have in common? They are the biggest PSP titles this year end ... and they will all be released on the same day :/

Aru

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
What does this game, Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus and Phantasy Star Portable 2 have in common? They are the biggest PSP titles this year end ... and they will all be released on the same day :/

Publishers love to see their games go bomba.

Tailzo

I'm soon done with Yakuza 3. I liked it, but something about Kenzan made me more excited. The story and the setting felt fresh.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kagari said:
From rykomatsu:

SO4 interview with Yamagishi
-I'm no longer going to create SO4 series
-I'm happy with 3, even though the ending had mixed opinions
In re: PS3 version
-1 disk so no disc swapping makes things easier
-Battles have been rebalanced
-Improved playability
-360 version had high saturation and was a bit shiny/flashy since it was more for an international audience, but the PS3 version is a little warmer looking.
-Be happy that the last SO for me will be ending up on PS3

Interesting. And nice scores on Vesperia and Sigma 2

Darkpen

Banned
stuburns said:
3rd Birthday at TGS is cool, I hope some podcaster is intrigued enough to go and check it out.
Garnett loves the hell out of Parasite Eve D: With any hope, he'll remember to check it out :p

FF Versus 13 - new information to surface next year
FF Agito 13 - new info should surface before Versus.

Whatta scoop! :lol Expected but still funny to see it printed as news.

Peace Walker cast makes the story seem like its going to massive with all of them :D

Not too much new stuff if any in this Famitsu, so TGS may be a bit of a letdown or everyones learned to keep their shit out of Famitsu this week after leaks every single year like clockwork.

From rykomatsu:

Quote:
SO4 interview with Yamagishi
-I'm no longer going to create SO4 series
-I'm happy with 3, even though the ending had mixed opinions
In re: PS3 version
-1 disk so no disc swapping makes things easier
-Battles have been rebalanced
-Improved playability
-360 version had high saturation and was a bit shiny/flashy since it was more for an international audience, but the PS3 version is a little warmer looking.
-Be happy that the last SO for me will be ending up on PS3

Is that meant to say is happy, or are we meant to be delighted he ended his career on PS3 ?

Astery

Totobeni said:
developed by SCE Japan Studio this time ?

published, same thing as WKC 1

Shadow780 said:
Nooo 360 ver. Multi Raid has Nu Wa?! I hate exclusive contents....

DLC bound:lol

THE Caffeinated said:
Is that meant to say is happy, or are we meant to be delighted he ended his career on PS3 ?

he sounds unhappy. i dunno

Just seen some of the scans. Looks like you play as multiple characters in Yakuza 4.

Also the Peace Walker cast looks pretty bad-ass. Getting pretty hyped for this game now, trailer might be too much for me to handle.

simtmb

Tailzo said:
I'm soon done with Yakuza 3. I liked it, but something about Kenzan made me more excited. The story and the setting felt fresh.

Can't agree more honestly. But I'm done with it in the fact that i've played it a tad more than enough :p

I actually did enjoy Kenzan quite a bit more actually, story and setting as you mentioned, also the characters as well. But damn every moment in RGG3, and every battle was just brilliant, so much fun, looks to be expected from the upcoming sequel as well. If there isn't any real difference in location and such of what RGG3 provided, i hope at least they add some fresh gameplay mechanics and perhaps tweak it up a bit everywhere else (change up the random battles etc).

But even after putting dozens, dozens and dozens of hours into every Yakuza/RGG title, I'd be all cool with even just the same game but new name.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So... no KOFXII Black info isnt? :(

Aru

Paracelsus said:
Happy that the last Star Ocean game will also end up on PS3, I guess.

At least almost all the series is on Playstation consoles now (Blue Sphere is the last missing game).

Don

It's cool to see that there are a lot of new characters in Peace Walker. One of the things I didn't like about MGS4 is that there were too many returning characters from past games and not enough new characters other than Drebin and Sunny.

THE Caffeinated said:

Sounds pretty arrogant in my opinion. I was questioning his remark too.

He gives me the impression that he's full of himself.

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
jett said:
Can't have sold that much more.

It's just like the Yakuza PS3 games. It boggles my mind.
Pretty simple. We don't have the financial breakdown of what any of these games costs to make, how much was spent on marketing, how much funding was received from sponsors, etc, etc.

Hence we don't know how many copies need to be sold to turn a profit.

Also you need to remember that the template/groundwork for these sequels is already there on the PS3. Which I'm guessing means Yakuza 4 and this WKC sequel won't cost nearly as much to make as the original.

ymmv

Banned
highluxury said:
Sounds pretty arrogant in my opinion. I was questioning his remark too.

He gives me the impression that he's full of himself.

He's only stating he's glad his game made it to the PS3 (so more people can enjoy it).

xfactor

Banned
Scans for these games are now online:

・Yakuza 4
・Uncharted
・Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
・3D Dot Game Heroes
・Shin Sengoku Musou Multi Raid
・TROY Musou
・Tekken 6
・Bayonetta
・MGS Peace Walker
・Valkyria Chronicles 2
・Last Ranker
・Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey

I've added review score from degenki and uploaded the advertisement scan of 3D Dot game Heroes and Uncharted 2 in the op...

Top Bottom