• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu - 23 Sep (Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 & Halo ODST Review)

Giolon

kassatsu said:
・Blazblue Continuum - Shift(PS3・360/Fighting/ARC SYSTEM WORKS/)
If this is a full standalone disc that costs $60 I'm going to be fucking pissed.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
why are people acting surprised? this is how ArkSystems rolls. Remember Guilty Gear?

EXGN

xfactor said:
I hope i am not reading wrong, but it seems to say that Zhao Yun (PS3 Multi-Raid) and Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2) will appear in each other's game. Not exactly sure how...?

Hold the phone - was this mentioned in the NGS2/MultiRaid reviews? Where was this mentioned? Gotta track down this page for myself.

EXGN

B.K. said:

Japanese name for Warriors: Legends of Troy. Pretty much M-rated Dynasty Warriors set in Troy, but more emphasis on story elements. It was announced around E3.

xero273

Error said:
why are people acting surprised? this is how ArkSystems rolls. Remember Guilty Gear?

I got a feeling street fighter is going to be the same thing. No surprise here. This is pretty much what fighting games do.

Skilletor

I think the surprise comes from the fact that the update is not DLC. I'm sure everybody was expecting a revision of BB and SF4, just not /only/ on a disc.

B.K.

Why is everyone assuming that it's just BlazBlue with the new content? There aren't any scans yet. It could be a real sequel.

Error said:
With the prominence of the PSN and XBL and downloadable titles in general, I thought they'd just have their updates as downloadable expansions. I mean, this'll seriously split up the community if it's separated like this. I think Arksys and Capcom should take a page out of Criterion's work and treat the game as a sort of platform if they plan on updating said game a year later. Personally, there is no way in hell I'm going to buy the same game with a couple tweaks and new characters for $60 again.

Crewnh said:
With the prominence of the PSN and XBL and downloadable titles in general, I thought they'd just have their updates as downloadable expansions. I mean, this'll seriously split up the community if it's separated like this. I think Arksys and Capcom should take a page out of Criterion's work and treat the game as a sort of platform if they plan on updating said game a year later. Personally, there is no way in hell I'm going to buy the same game with a couple tweaks and new characters for $60 again.

Nobody knows what it is. Save the rant for the confirmation.

lupinko

This is getting out of hand.

Arc System Works = Developer of BlazBlue/Guilty Gear series/HNK arcade/SBX/etc.

Aksys Games = US/EU Publisher/Distributor

Arc System Works != Aksys Games

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I like how those ffxiii blurbs of 'info' have absolutely nothing interesting. Is that an interview or something?

I mean, seriously... who really cares that Serah was modeled after some actress? Why are they so reluctant to talk gameplay? We still know shit about leveling system (aside from a couple of hints here and there), are there even towns in it? Is it gonna be as linear as FFX?

EXGN

Hydrargyrus said:
Why Sony reveals all his annoucements before the TGS?? WKC sequel, SO4 international...

These are leaks, this issue of Famitsu isn't supposed to hit shelves in Japan until Friday, which would be after all this was announced at TGS.

jiggle

can't wait for white knight
playing the first one right now and really liking it

i wonder if they'll keep the old engine (most likely) or do a DC2 on us
oh well can't wait to see!

Giolon

Error said:
Knowing doesn't make me less pissed (or make it ok for them to keep doing this). >.<

kiryogi

Banned
Error said:

Exactly, and I wouldn't just say Guilty Gear. In the entire history of fighting games, they've always done this. They know they have a fanbase that'll eat it up. AS I've discussed with Tre' before, we'd both eat up SF4dash instantly regardless. The whole dlc/update thing doesn't fly in the fighting game world in terms of sales. At least not in the eyes of the publishers.

LegatoB

I hope the turn-around time from Arcade to Home Console for Blazblue 2010 is fairly short. If the old rumors about Europe getting an "enhanced" version hold out, I'd say it will be. Time to set $60 aside!

Fighting game fans who somehow think that their yearly updates are worth being cheap DLC rather than a whole new game should really talk to the sports gamers more often.

xero273

EscapingJail said:
Is it ok to post a scan of the new blazblue character? or is that instant ban hammer?

yes ban hammer. I think I see a sword? in her right hand and what the hell is that giant thing in her left hand?

B.K.

EscapingJail said:
Is it ok to post a scan of the new blazblue character? or is that instant ban hammer?

Any scan other than the cover, table of contents, and ads is bannable.

duckroll

Peace Walker has a pretty solid JP cast, and the characters sound interesting. Looking forward to the trailer tomorrow. Omggggg. Apparently Sazh's summon in FFXIII is -not- Ifrit, but an original new summon. Also, I see Strange Journey, Blue Dragon DS and Last Ranker in the TOC, but NO INFO YET? ANGRY DUCKROLLLL.....

Linkhero1

kensk said:
Apparently BlazBlue is listed under Arcade, not PS3/360...
Only arcade? If it's for 360 and Ps3 I hope it's some sort of expansion or something. I don't want to pay $60 again for a few characters.

duckroll said:
Peace Walker has a pretty solid JP cast, and the characters sound interesting. Looking forward to the trailer tomorrow. Omggggg. Apparently Sazh's summon in FFXIII is -not- Ifrit, but an original new summon. Also, I see Strange Journey, Blue Dragon DS and Last Ranker in the TOC, but NO INFO YET? ANGRY DUCKROLLLL.....
I wonder what it will be. Maybe it has to do with that little Chocobo.

Barakov

Gold Member
Linkhero1 said:
Only arcade? If it's for 360 and Ps3 I hope it's some sort of expansion or something. I don't want to pay $60 again for a few characters.

Given what Arc did with the Guilty Gear series, that probably won't be the case. Given that the scan is just for the arcade version it could be awhile if/when this new revision comes to consoles.

Giolon

No huge need for a scan, she's an NPC in the original version of BlazBlue and has had artwork on the JPN BlazBlue website forever:

c_tsubaki01copy.png

Albeit, not in the outfit in Famitsu. It's...different, lol.

zoku88

kiryogi said:
Tsubaki? Is funky? o-o
Whoa, I totally didn't read her name before.

I was not expecting her to be in a costume like that.

I guess this is totally after the True Ending, then

Hydrargyrus

EXGN said:
These are leaks, this issue of Famitsu isn't supposed to hit shelves in Japan until Friday, which would be after all this was announced at TGS.

I think Sony should start doing something with all this leaked info stuff, this year there haven't been announces that weren't be known before

Linkhero1

Barakov said:
Given what Arc did with the Guilty Gear series, that probably won't be the case. Given that the scan is just for the arcade version it could be awhile if/when this new revision comes to consoles.
Damn, I guess if it's full priced game I'll wait for it to hit bargain price.

zoku88

Gunloc said:
I mean the brand new character, not Tsubaki. (Though I like Tsubaki too.)

Strange though, the new girl has the same hair accessories that Tsubaki has...
I think the new character is Tsubaki (tsubaki is written as the name)

Top Bottom