• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu #870

Jonnyram

Akadoko (20 Oct, DS)

Super Robot Wars J (Sep, GBA)

Rogue Galaxy (Dec, PS2)
- new characters introduced

Tales of the Abyss (PS2)
- developer interview

Naruto 4 (GC)

Reviews:
Tristia (PS2) 7,6,6,6
GPX Cyberformula 2 (PS2) 6,5,6,5
Zoids Tactics (PS2) 6,6,6,7
Ichigo Mashimaro (PS2) 6,5,6,5
Medal of Honor European Assault (PS2/GC) 9,8,8,8
Giren's Ambition (PSP) 7,8,8,9
Madagascar (GC) 9,8,7,7
Madagascar (GBA) 6,6,6,6
Madagascar (DS) 7,6,6,6

ziran

does it say much about rogue galaxy? really looking forward to it :D

naruto 4 gc, is, i suppose, to be expected.

no jump super stars review :(

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Jonnyram said:
Medal of Honor European Assault (PS2/GC) 9,8,8,8
Madagascar (GC) 9,8,7,7
I know it's Famitsu, but still WTF is wrong with these reviewers?
Madagascar is a nice game, it plays ok, has ok graphics and is quite short. It certainly hasn't anything incredible enough to warrant a 9.
As for Medal of Honor... It's just one point below Halo 2's score. Ok.

Zeo

Banned
YESSSSSSS. Feel the Magic 2. :DD

God, if they just make it a little bit longer and add a high score option + tons more unlockables, it'll be so friggin' good. I didn't even mind the shortness of the first one because of the difficulty levels. It just needs more on top of the fantastic gameplay.

Rhindle

It's amusing how Famitsu seems to be under the impression that the Medal of Honor series is the pinnacle of FPS greatness.

Zeo

Banned
Blimblim said:
I know it's Famitsu, but still WTF is wrong with these reviewers?
Madagascar is a nice game, it plays ok, has ok graphics and is quite short. It certainly hasn't anything incredible enough to warrant a 9.
As for Medal of Honor... It's just one point below Halo 2's score. Ok.

Eh, just different tastes.

Rhindle said:
It's amusing how Famitsu seems to be under the impression that the Medal of Honor series is the pinnacle of FPS greatness.

Its also amusing how Americans find Halo 2 the pinnacle of all FPS's as well =[

Blimblim

The Inside Track
PezRadar said:
Its also amusing how Americans find Halo 2 the pinnacle of all FPS's as well =[
I'm certainly not saying that Halo 2 is the best FPS ever (I don't like the genre that much in the first place). But have you played this awful Medal of Honor game? It's *really* bad, not even mentioning completely stupid.

byproduct

The Amiga Brotherhood
Famitsu scans always make me feel like I am having a fit. Is the mag aimed at 12 year olds or something? Serious question - the layout is insane - not in a good way.

Thomper

byproduct said:
Famitsu scans always make me feel like I am having a fit. Is the mag aimed at 12 year olds or something? Serious question - the layout is insane - not in a good way.
All Japanese gamingmagazines are like this..

Bebpo

Banned
I don't mind Franchise whoring since it keeps the company in business and means more games in the series for next-gen, but between Abyss before ToL and SRWJ one week after SRWA3 it's getting a bit crazy. Can they not wait a few months before announcing the next game in the series? Jeez, all this does it get you less excited about the current installment you are playing since the next installment is gonna be better (Abyss aside as it looks awful) :\

byproduct said:
It makes reading an adventure!

Other

Super Robot Wars J with Tekkaman Blade (released in english as Teknoman) and Full Metal Panic as new series? Unexpected and very awesome. Looks a bit short in new or non-standard Super Robot series but nothing really interesting (to me) like Gaogaigar or a returning series like Big O, just the old stand bys of the Mazinger series,Combattler, Dancougar and Voltes. Not Bad, I'm looking forward to this.

mutsu

Need scans rehosted somewhere else!!

And... new Super Robot Wars on GBA....???? How about DS guys!!!

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I can't think of a Japanese magazine right now that wouldn't have an art design we'd define as 'frenetic' over here. I think it's quite nice myself, but for whatever reason it never quite works with the english language -- that, or nobody can do it right over here and we've got our own very good sense of style anyway, so there's no need for copying.

As for MOH -- well, if you only review like one or two FPSes a year in a magazine, you'd probably think European Assault was pretty special, too.

Bebpo

Banned
fennec fox said:
I can't think of a Japanese magazine right now that wouldn't have an art design we'd define as 'frenetic' over here. I think it's quite nice myself, but for whatever reason it never quite works with the english language -- that, or nobody can do it right over here and we've got our own very good sense of style anyway, so there's no need for copying.

I think Famitsu layout is just a result of having only a set few pictures and a paragraph of information given to the magazine from the companies. I mean they have very little to show or say so they just make it look spazzy and through in random big words here and there to try to hide the complete lack of information.

I never understood the passionate hate towards Famitsu's reviews, but after that Madagascar review, I guess I understand now.

neo2046

NO info or pics of Naruto 4 in this week's Famitsu
actually Jump magazines are always have the first scoop about these kind of titles

Drakken

Could somone translate the Feel the Magic 2 scans? Are those arrows showing that any of the 3 main characters can fall in love with one of the other main characters?

Top Bottom