• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu #901 news (FFXII gets 40/40 and "shakes the pleasant")

Mau ®

FFXII a perfect 40! A first in PS2 history! YAY!

Sell your Japanese X360 (if any) its all over!! Long Live Sony PS2!!!! :D

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Ceb said:
So you'd give them between 9/9/8/8 or 10/9/9/9? :lol Do you know those Famitsu reviews are the totals of four separate scores?
yes I did know tha and yes I would give them between the scores you mentioned. All of the FF games that i have played have been better than any other RPG that I have played.

This gen I tried to give some other RPG's a shot. I played ToS and although gameplay was good and the graphics were quite nice, the voice acting and dialogue was unbearable, at times i had to play the game on mute because Colette's bvoice and genis voice were terrible. the story was not bad, but it wasnt very epic.

Ive also played the DDS games. DDS1 was a masterpiece and is one of the most underrated games this gen. Its something completely different and is superb in every part of the game. DDS2 was not quite as good. the game started of well but a poor dialoge and a pretty cruddy ending let it down.

As for the FF games, ive never had a a major problem with any of them. My only problem with FFVIII was that it wasnt as good as FFVII and FFIX had quite a crap ending, but it had the best characters Ive seen in an RPG.

psycho_snake

RaijinFY said:
The same people who gave a 40/40 for Vagrant Story, Soul Calibur, Wind Waker... :p
I completely forgot they gave Windd Waker 40/40. the game was very good but it certainly didnt deserve that score.

psycho_snake

SantaCruZer said:
nice with another fullblown final fantasy again. I am playing FFX right now and I am enjoying it.
Thats good to hear. FFX is an outstanding game. The sphere grid isnt as good as the character levels, but it still works well. the characters are just as good as you'd like them and the story is sensational. Its definately an epic tale from beginning to end.

RaijinFY

psycho_snake said:
I completely forgot they gave Windd Waker 40/40. the game was very good but it certainly didnt deserve that score.

Hm now thinking about it, I guess It was for Ocarina of Time?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Havent 5 of the 6 perfect Famitsu scores been either Nintendo or Square games? Just something interesting I noticed.

I'm not saying FFXII might not deserve a perfect score, but it seems that Nintendo and Square seem to have the most "influence"
moneyhats
with regards to Famitsu.

RaijinFY said:
They say it's the best FF ever, it trumps FFVI and VII reunited! :p
I can't see how a new FF game would surpass FFVI, especially story-wise. I will have to see this for myself.

psycho_snake said:
Yes it did.

SantaC

psycho_snake said:
Thats good to hear. FFX is an outstanding game. The sphere grid isnt as good as the character levels, but it still works well. the characters are just as good as you'd like them and the story is sensational. Its definately an epic tale from beginning to end.

I actually enjoy the sphere grid a lot. Especially since I use the expert grid which is better than the standard one. To me, the sphere grid and junction system are the best FF systems.

Deg

Banned
Is it better than WOW because i found every other FF game to be borefests? What did Famistu give WOW?

FFX is an outstanding game.

I disagree. The CG was better than the game.

psycho_snake

SantaCruZer said:
I actually enjoy the sphere grid a lot. Especially since I use the expert grid which is better than the standard one. To me, the sphere grid and junction system are the best FF systems.
I liked the sphere grid, but I didnt think it was as good as levelling up. It was easier to know wether you were strong enough or not with levels. Id liek to see an FF game which has levels but at the same time has something like the sphere grid because it did work quite well. DDS has a similar system and it worked really well. When you level up you could improve your stats, such as strenght, defence etc and the grid allowed you to learn moves.

Deg said:
Is it better than WOW because i found every other FF game to be borefests? What did Famistu give WOW?

I disagree. The CG was better than the game.

Dude nobody cares about you. You can take your shitty opinion and shove it. I hope you know that there are millions of people out there who like RPG's and not MMO's. Idiot

Razoric

Banned
Archie said:
Dude Kefka was such a deep and though provoking villan! He totally owns that loser Sephiroth.

Sephiroth was a really cool villain... it's not the character's fault every emo angsty RPG reject decided to latch onto him and completely destroy his coolness with their obession. :lol

Sephiroth, Kefka and Luca Blight should star in an RPG together. That would rule. :D

Amir0x

Banned
Archie said:
Dude Kefka was such a deep and though provoking villan! He totally owns that loser Sephiroth.

Sephiroth and Kefka eat dinner together sometimes. Talk about postmodernism in the context of destroying everything.

psycho_snake

I think Seymour is overlooked as one of th best FF villians. He wanted to ebcome sin to destroy everybody and put everone out of the misery that they lived. He looked at things very differently and he also looked badass. I really liked him, but he still is not as cool as Sephiroth.

jett

D-Member
Two FF games two years in a row? Hard to believe...and on PS2? Harder to believe even. :p But if it is, woohoo! I'm not getting a PS3 until 2k8 probably. :p

psycho_snake

Archie said:
No matter how many people talk about Sephiroth, he will always be one of the greatest villians in a videogame. he really had everything that made him so evil. A mysterious past, amazing strength, interesting motives to make himself more powerful a cool appearance.

Amir0x

Banned
My Arms Your Hearse said:
Too bad Sephiroth is the easiest FF final boss ever.

4x slash! Crap, I won already.

False. Final boss of FFX is easier.*

*Also, FFVIII's last bosses are easy since I can beat them without getting hit even once.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
All the FF end bosses are pretty easy if you are leveled up enough. The FF4 end boss was a bitch though, couldn't defeat it my first time thru. Then I went back to the game a while later and found out you needed to steal some crystal or something from him first! And for some reason I remember the FF9 endboss being pretty hard also.

mint

Banned
i can't wait for ffxii. so far, i know nothing about it. i'm not spoiling myself till i witness the actual game.

SantaC

Amir0x said:
It's awesome. FFVIII final boss, besides being lame as hell, was super easy. Made getting to the ending faster!

Well so was sephiroth too imo. Slash him 3-4 times and he dies. Lame.

Teasel

Archie said:
What about Yu Yevon? Could you even die against him? :p
nope... he spend all his turn casting gravity spell which do damage based of your max hp
so i don't think you can die anyway

Top Bottom