• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu: Hideki Kamiya's new project "in motion" 2014

BY2K

Membero Americo
we8wQ9i.jpg

NEVERMIND!

It's still 3 projects for one studio, even if he's not directing.

They can't be THAT big, right?

They're crazy efficient and good at what they do.

Even then, year 1 of Kamiya's new project probably wouldn't have a full size team anyway. Then as Bayo 2 ships, people will be moved to MGR2 and Kamiya's game.

And if this turns out to be the Xbone exclusive, RIP In Peace to my wallet.

Dang0

He'll make a game for whatever platform he's paid to make a game for.

Yep, pretty much. Even though I want to wait till Xbone either removes kinect or makes some quality games for kinect, if a platinum game was announced, I'd buy it regardless.

guek

Banned
CBOAT said it was something that'd make people rage even more than they did over Bayonetta 2, right? What could it possibly be then? Vanquish 2?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Wonderful 101's failure is going to hurt my soul for many years. I'm never going to stop promoting its existence, because Nintendo certainly didn't. Seriously, why did they completely drop the ball with advertising that? What the hell happened?

Anyway, I imagine Kamiya's next game will be amazing.

wsippel

Banned
wasn't the rumor it's an Xbox One exclusive.
The rumor is that Platinum works on an Xbone exclusive, not that Kamiya is directing said game. And if his next project isn't even in full production yet, it's almost certainly not the rumored title.

BBboy20

Yep, pretty much. Even though I want to wait till Xbone either removes kinect or makes some quality games for kinect, if a platinum game was announced, I'd buy it regardless.
Unfortunately, my malevolence towards Microsoft exceeds my fandom for Kamiya or P*.

I can guarantee it's not a sequel to anything he made before. Because he rather work on something new because of an interview earlier this year where he stated why he doesn't develop a sequel.

CBOAT said it was something that'd make people rage even more than they did over Bayonetta 2, right? What could it possibly be then? Vanquish 2?

No other Platinum IP could make people rage harder than the Bayo 2 nonsense. It would have to be something left field like DMC5 directed by Kamiya exclusive to The One, or some weird Halo x Platinum Games action title, or whatever.

jbug617

Banned
The rumor is that Platinum works on an Xbone exclusive, not that Kamiya is directing said game. And if his next project isn't even in full production yet, it's almost certainly not the rumored title.

The quote said it goes into full production in 2014 doesn't mean he wasn't working on anything from September till now.

RedSwirl

I don't see Nintendo funding a third game from Platimum while Bayonetta 2 is still in production and just off the back of The Wonderful 101's market failure. I doubt it's anything from Sega either, who seem quite happy to drop Platinum now that their run of games is well over. I figure Konami will greenlight Metal Gear Rising 2 if they haven't already, but I don't think that would be a Kamiya game.

Who knows?

I think it's a matter of time before a western publisher signs a Platinum project despite the studio's constant market failures. I feel like Ubisoft would be the first company to give them a shot.

javac

I don't know why but when I think of it being an Xbox project I think of it being a smaller game for some reason. I wouldn't mind that. An Xbox arcade (they still have that right?) type of experience. Or it could be Rising 2 timed exclusive...

guek

Banned
No other Platinum IP could make people rage harder than the Bayo 2 nonsense. It would have to be something left field like DMC5 directed by Kamiya exclusive to The One, or some weird Halo x Platinum Games action title, or whatever.

DMC5 for xb1 would be one hell of a ball buster.

Rising 2 would as well.

Hypron

Nintendo also need to sell. their collaboration with PG seems it just don't work. I don't see them doing anything with PG unless Bayo 2 sold very well somehow (highly unlikely)

Microsoft might want a Japanese games but I doubt they'll want a "Kamiya game" because they will need a "big seller" in Japan to move some Xbox One units. it might be like MGR with already known IP that Microsoft own and without Kamiya on board .

Halo Rising: Revengeance

A Kamiya-directed Devil May Cry 5 would make as a nice apology for DmC...

If that happens someone at Capcom needs to be there to prevent him from adding a space harrier throwback sequence.

mugwhump

Eets a meestery, but I'm sure it will be grrrrreat.

Nintendo should really just put a gun to his head and force him to make Starfox, I think that's legal in Japan

wsippel

Banned
The quote said it goes into full production in 2014 doesn't mean he wasn't working on anything from September till now.
He should be working on Bayonetta 2 right now. He's the project supervisor after all, and should be busy helping the team tweak things as the deadline approaches.

Honestly though, imo whatever Kamiya is working on I think would be best suited for PS4, even PS3 or multiplatform. I have a bad feeling that Bayonetta 2 is going to bomb miserably and Wonderful 101 bombed and most of the Microsoft contingent does not care about Japanese games. Why should Kamiya try an exclusive third project with Nintendo or Microsoft? Then again, if they pay him an insane amount of money for an exclusive, I cannot blame Kamiya.

faridmon

I bet its an Xbone exclusive MSoft is funding to get a foothold in Japan. And then they will realise that his games don't actually sell that well in Japan...

Top Bottom