• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Info 15 Apr 2009

Fritz

king zell said:
The Munchables Wii
Valhalla Knights:Eldar Saga Wii
ACRONIGHTS DS

scans are up

This has been catching my interest. Can someone educate me briefly on the series. The grafics aren't too flashy, so I thought maybe it relies heavily on online multiplayer or something.

bloke

jiggle said:
Microsoft is holding a press conference next week apparently?

Moar rpgs please!
Looks to be true then, some 2ch ppl/bloggers were saying it will happen on 21st, Tuesday...and some hints from Famitsu360 editor that there's still 2 or 3 new 360 games to be announced this month.

Ontopic, N3-II looks good except for more western-looking characters, Magna Carta II doesn't look half bad either.

Fady K

Killzone 2 earned 2 points lower than.... Haze?

Famitsu's tastes in FPSs is rather questionable.

Shame about Miner's March, Na Na On Sha's first game in a while and this is what we get? [Scored very poorly in western media as well].

Devil May Cry canceled? Its hard to care when the only thing announced was the IP coming.

Magna Carta 2 looking cool. Is it a direct sequel or?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Haha, there's a "Pacman + Katamari = Munchables" at the top of the Munchables article.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Fady K said:
Killzone 2 earned 2 points lower than.... Haze?

Famitsu's tastes in FPSs is rather questionable.

Shame about Miner's March, Na Na On Sha's first game in a while and this is what we get? [Scored very poorly in western media as well].

Devil May Cry canceled? Its hard to care when the only thing announced was the IP coming.

Magna Carta 2 looking cool. Is it a direct sequel or?

First person shooters are already not very popular in Japan. One of the main complaints is that many people get motion sickness from the perspective. Now take that and combine it with the sluggish controls, the occasionally low framerate and the copious amounts of motion blur found in Killzone 2 and you have a recipe for disaster for most Japanese gamers.

Tenbatsu

Fuu said:
Haha, there's a "Pacman + Katamari = Munchables" at the top of the Munchables article.
Someone should create a thread for this game, it looks cool! Its basically Katamari but instead of rolling, you get bigger by eating stuff, like Pacman.

Fuu

Tenbatsu said:
Someone should create a thread for this game, it looks cool! Its basically Katamari but instead of rolling, you get bigger by eating stuff, like Pacman.
There was one when we had the reveal, Hero of Legend used to update it but he was banned. I'm quite interested in it, it looks like the gameplay will be much fun if they deliver on the idea and I was sold when the first trailer featured a big pile of colorful turd along other crazyness.

Quazar

Glad to see another MS conference in Japan. If not for any new announcements it's still good to see footage for games that are announced. Last year we got SO4 right?

duckroll said:
It looks a lot like the opening cutscene for LO. Hopefully the game actually looks like that during gameplay, and is all dark and gritty. If the framerate (lol?) is rock solid and the game is action packed, it could be a gazillion times better than the first game! :eek:

haha just saw what it looked like finally and, damn you nailed what I thought of the pics.

neo2046

direct feed pics

99N 2
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1223591_1407.html

Magna Carta 2
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1223546_1407.html

Shining Force Cross
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1223594_1407.html

Dokimajo +
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1223512_1407.html

Elminage 2
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1223592_1407.html

AcroKnights
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1223575_1407.html

The first thing I thought when looking at those pics was "Is that Sora?".

j5car6.jpg

29wjx2e.jpg

2qs7zlu.jpg

Fuu said:
There was one when we had the reveal, Hero of Legend used to update it but he was banned. I'm quite interested in it, it looks like the gameplay will be much fun if they deliver on the idea and I was sold when the first trailer featured a big pile of colorful turd along other crazyness.
This game looks awesome, I just saw the new video of the gameplay and I am instantly sold.

The leveling system looks interesting too

Lagunamov

Quazar said:
Glad to see another MS conference in Japan. If not for any new announcements it's still good to see footage for games that are announced. Last year we got SO4 right?

haha just saw what it looked like finally and, damn you nailed what I thought of the pics.
Mistwalker, Mistwalker, Mistwalker, Mistwalker, Mistwalker, Mistwalker ... :(

Durante

I actually enjoyed N3, but the pictures from the second one don't do much for me. I probably miss the awesome female main character. Anyway, the special attack shots make me think the character pictured is a king of heroes, because he seems to have enough swords.

Magna Carta 2 doesn't look too bad, but I played the first one so I really can't get excited about it.

lupinko

Zefah said:
First person shooters are already not very popular in Japan. One of the main complaints is that many people get motion sickness from the perspective. Now take that and combine it with the sluggish controls, the occasionally low framerate and the copious amounts of motion blur found in Killzone 2 and you have a recipe for disaster for most Japanese gamers.

So locked 30fps (that is really smooth) is occassionally low for a game like KZ2? Wow, I learned something new today. Not that it matters nor do I care, but heh.

RpgN

John Harker said:
what is this?? It's totally Kingdom Hearts?

Shining Force Cross.

I totally thought the same but then checked famitsu to find out a different game :lol That's totally how KH would look like next-gen.

Quazar said:

ToV, UI and a confirmed SO4. Theres a MSFT conference in japan this year for rpgs?

PuppetMaster said:
It says this new Shining Force is for arcades. Surely there will be a home version though right?

Probably, it looks like a PSO/Monster Hunter style game and those make a lot of money right now.

Fuu

^ You can't direct link from Famitsu, it will only appear to those who already have the pics in cache.

Dascu

Fuu said:
^ You can't direct link from Famitsu, it will only appear to those who already have the pics in cache.
Oddly enough, they're showing up for me but I never clicked any Famitsu links.

iceatcs

wow it is look like KH.
hmmm on the arcades, I dunno how it is work on this way. Since technical here, I think you can load your savedata online anywhere but this arcade machine.

Fuu

Dascu said:
Oddly enough, they're showing up for me but I never clicked any Famitsu links.
There's some browser witchcraft you can perform to bypass their blocking, I don't know if that's your case though.

Tain

It says this new Shining Force is for arcades. Surely there will be a home version though right?

No. There's really no guarantee at all.

I'm hoping the game doesn't take the "Shining Force" name too seriously; don't save player progress, don't have experience points, just give me an arcade action game that looks like that.

I'm fully expecting some e-amuse style shit though. :/

Dascu

Fuu said:
There's some browser witchcraft you can perform to bypass their blocking, I don't know if that's your case though.
Hmm, might be. I vaguely recall performing an arcane ritual whereby I slaughtered a black goat several moons ago. It'd definitely explain those bizarre blood stains on my computer.

lupinko

iceatcs said:
wow it is look like KH.
hmmm on the arcades, I dunno how it is work on this way. Since technical here, I think you can load your savedata online anywhere but this arcade machine.

People can save on data cards.

Fuu

Dascu said:
Hmm, might be. I vaguely recall performing an arcane ritual whereby I slaughtered a black goat several moons ago. It'd definitely explain those bizarre blood stains on my computer.
:lol Famitsu hotlinking, serious business.

harSon

Banned
Holy fucking shit, Microsoft's holding an RPG event next week? :D

Edit: And Ninety Nine Nights 2 looks pretty hot, unfortunately, I played the first one...

Yaweee

Here's some Elminage 2 (a PSP Wizardry-style dungeon crawl) info that nobody cares about:
-12 races
-16 classes
-install option
-you can upload your own character portraits

HiResDes

Lagunamov said:
Next tuesday...
Wow I'm really impressed by Microsoft's persistence in Japan, almost as much as I am at how little the Japanese gamers seem to be responding to a competitively priced console that seems to be getting a decent amount of JRPG support.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Lagunamov said:
Famitsu360's editor has said there are 2-3 new games still to be announced this month and this
I wouldn't put too much stock in that. The last issue was last month, so if he was referring to 2-3 titles to be announced this month, we already have two: N3-II and Magna Carta 2.

The third one that will most likely show up at the supposed event will be Mistwalker's new project.

TheOddOne

icecream said:
I wouldn't put too much stock in that. The last issue was last month, so if he was referring to 2-3 titles to be announced this month, we already have two: N3-II and Magna Carta 2.

The third one that will most likely show up at the supposed event will be Mistwalker's new project.

Weren't those annouced already (manga carta in 2005 and NNII was annouced with Halo 3:OST).

TheOddOne said:
Weren't those annouced already (manga carta in 2005 and NNII was annouced with Halo 3:OST).

yep, they were announced back then

i wonder if MS has anything interesting to show in that press conference..

bloke

icecream said:

He was saying there'll be 7-8 new games for next's months issue, plus Cave will be announcing new port so that makes possibility for 2-3 new games still waiting for announce.

Also Magna Carta II site will be up on 21st, and Dream Club trailer will hit marketplace on 21st too. So all points on that conference being the same date.

Magna Carta II battle screens look good, apparently entering battles will be seamless, there'll be both turn-based and action elements in battle and you can change characters realtime. Also game is 80% done, so I'm guessing late summer for japanese release.

Top Bottom