• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Info 15 Apr 2009

NEW PORT FROM CAVE?!?!!?!?

ESP Galuda 2 or Mushihime Futari and I would die, go to heaven, die, go to hell, die again and end up right back here.

harSon

Banned
icecream said:
I wouldn't put too much stock in that. The last issue was last month, so if he was referring to 2-3 titles to be announced this month, we already have two: N3-II and Magna Carta 2.

The third one that will most likely show up at the supposed event will be Mistwalker's new project.

I refuse to get my hopes up.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
icecream said:
I wouldn't put too much stock in that. The last issue was last month, so if he was referring to 2-3 titles to be announced this month, we already have two: N3-II and Magna Carta 2.

The third one that will most likely show up at the supposed event will be Mistwalker's new project.
Wasn't N3-II announced months ago?

Blimblim said:
Yup it was announced last year actually. So N3-2 couldnt have been one of those 2 -3 unannounced titles. Nor Magna carta 2 for that matter since it was announced for years now.

Tain

NEW PORT FROM CAVE?!?!!?!?

ESP Galuda 2 or Mushihime Futari and I would die, go to heaven, die, go to hell, die again and end up right back here.

aewrglzeg z,lzg, lwe, awle, kpzosek fpof, basically yeah

i mean fuck square-enix that i'm not playing espgaluda 2 already but yeah

Blimblim said:

yep, it was announced in last TGS:

tgs99nightsthree3.jpg

Continuing the Tokyo Game Show announcement frenzy, Microsoft announced a sequel to Q Entertainments Ninety-Nine Nights called (ever so coincidentally) Ninety-Nine Nights II. A game that can also be referred to as 99 Nights 2, N32 or even Ninety-Nine Nights + Two More. All we received was the actual sequel announcement with no further details, but we're eagerly anticipating more news.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/10/09/tgs-08-ninety-nine-nights-2-exclusive-to-the-360/

bloke said:
He was saying there'll be 7-8 new games for next's months issue, plus Cave will be announcing new port so that makes possibility for 2-3 new games still waiting for announce.

Also Magna Carta II site will be up on 21st, and Dream Club trailer will hit marketplace on 21st too. So all points on that conference being the same date.

Magna Carta II battle screens look good, apparently entering battles will be seamless, there'll be both turn-based and action elements in battle and you can change characters realtime. Also game is 80% done, so I'm guessing late summer for japanese release.

Woah Cave? That would effectively give the view of japanese devs retaining continued 360 support let alone whatever the stuff MSFT is contributing.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Revelations said:
Woah Cave? That would effectively give the view of japanese devs retaining continued 360 support let alone whatever the stuff MSFT is contributing.
Cave's userbase while small is loyal. Of course they wouldn't move away from 360 after pledging support and having their fans buy it.

Sage00 said:
Cave's userbase while small is loyal. Of course they wouldn't move away from 360 after pledging support and having their fans buy it.
Not what I meant. There was a receeding confidence in MSFT abandoning all support for Japanese jrpg and small developers in Japan because of continued floundering performance in sales and public reception. Some people actually thought (because there was thought to be no announcements on the present radar for the year) that they and small/medium developers just gave up altogether trying to win over japanese minds.

Paracelsus

Revelations said:
Not what I meant. There was a receeding confidence in MSFT abandoning all support for Japanese jrpg and small developers in Japan because of continued floundering performance in sales and public reception. Some people actually thought (because there was thought to be no announcements on the present radar for the year) that they and small/medium developers just gave up altogether trying to win over japanese minds.

No, there was not. The lack of confidence is about 360 getting more exclusive support, not overall support.

But never mind that, hasn't Atlus said they were developing for 360 some issue ago?

Paracelsus said:
No, there was not. The lack of confidence is about 360 getting more exclusive support, not overall support.

But never mind that, hasn't Atlus said they were developing for 360 some issue ago?
Yeah Atlus 360 support was in the rumor section of Famitsu a few issues ago. And thats what I was talking about. Exclusive support it just sounded more in general terms.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Revelations said:
Not what I meant. There was a receeding confidence in MSFT abandoning all support for Japanese jrpg and small developers in Japan because of continued floundering performance in sales and public reception.
Small developer support was never an issue. G.rev, Cave, 5pb, Prototype are all committed to the 360 in the long run, especially since they've already set up their userbase there.

You could make the case for the bigger companies with games that actually have selling power, such as S-E, Sega, Namco and the like abandoning exclusive support in favor of the PS3/multiplatform titles. The Atlus game is multiplatform as well.

icecream said:
You could make the case for the bigger companies with games that actually have selling power, such as S-E, Sega, Namco and the like abandoning exclusive support in favor of the PS3/multiplatform titles. The Atlus game is multiplatform as well.
Could be said about the PS3 from this point on as well concerning the bigger developers that is. Cant expect much more exclusive new jrpgs on the horizon for it as well that isnt from Sony themselves. Most is destined multi for the rest of the gen considring the position both consoles are in on a world basis.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Revelations said:
Could be said about the PS3 from this point on as well concerning the bigger developers that is.
Not necessarily. Exclusive 3rd party games still sell very well on the PS3 in Japan, unlike the 360.

icecream said:
Not necessarily. Exclusive 3rd party games still sell very well on the PS3 in Japan, unlike the 360.
When looking at the sales stats. Most ps exclusive sell roughly 100k more than the 360 exclusives for a userbase 2x as larger. citing here: MC:66 and here MC:68 Not really a significant sales gap comparatively.

Revelations said:
Yeah Atlus 360 support was in the rumor section of Famitsu a few issues ago. And thats what I was talking about. Exclusive support it just sounded more in general terms.

nope, it wasn't a rumor, actually it was told by Atlus in an article posted in Famitsu 360 in the begining of this year in which Famitsu X360 "asked" (almost) every japanese developer about its plans for XBOX 360 during this year

icecream

Public Health Threat
And why is that a bad thing? If you're going to make an exclusive, it's much better to bet on the PS3. At worst you only sell 100k over a 360 exclusive, but you could sell as much as Yakuza or MGS4. For companies without the resources for multiplatform, the PS3 is the better choice.

Paracelsus

Revelations said:
When looking at the sales stats. Most ps exclusive sell roughly 100k more than the 360 exclusives for a userbase 2x as larger.

icecream is not talking about Jrpg only, methinks, but about third party games in general. Aside from WKC, which sold only 35k less than Rogue Galaxy, there are games like RGG3 and RE5 which sold more than twice as SO4 (soon to become best selling 360 game in Japan), without even taking MGS4 into consideration.

icecream said:
And why is that a bad thing? If you're going to make an exclusive, it's much better to bet on the PS3. At worst you only sell 100k over a 360 exclusive, but you could sell as much as Yakuza or MGS4. For companies without the resources for multiplatform, the PS3 is the better choice.

Didnt say it was a bad thing. Just not a very big difference in comparative sales between exclusives. Given the idea of 360 being cheaper to develop for the risks may equalize and in some cases surpass the rewards even by a little. Which in turn may be why they are still throwing support behind the console. As the userbase grows so does the sales potential.

Paracelsus said:
icecream is not talking about Jrpg only, methinks, but about third party games in general. Aside from WKC, which sold only 35k less than Rogue Galaxy, there are games like RGG3 and RE5 which sold more than twice as SO4 (soon to become best selling 360 game in Japan), without even taking MGS4 into consideration.
talking about exclusives mostly here not multi's. As with most popular franchises of course a 3 to 1 console margin wouldnt make for a fair comparative debate for multiplatform talk in Japan for popular releases...using MC:66 and here MC:68 for a good view.

intheinbetween said:
nope, it wasn't a rumor, actually it was told by Atlus in an article posted in Famitsu 360 in the begining of this year in which Famitsu X360 "asked" (almost) every japanese developer about its plans for XBOX 360 during this year

Even better!! :D

icecream

Public Health Threat
A 3 to 1 ratio is none of the developer's concern. If there are more people to buy their product, all the more incentive. There's no notion of comparable fairness here.

Revelations said:
Didnt say it was a bad thing. Just not a big difference. Given the idea of 360 being cheaper to develop for the risks may equalize and in some cases surpass the rewards even by a little. Which in turn may be why they are still throwing support behind the console. As the userbase grows so does the sales potential.
I'm sure a lot of companies would consider 100k a sizable difference. Especially if it's just a minimum. And I would bet the cheaper dev costs would be advantageous more to smaller devs, which is why you still see companies like 5pb and Cave giving support, but not so much the bigger third parties anymore.

icecream said:
I'm sure a lot of companies would consider 100k a sizable difference. Especially if it's just a minimum. And I would bet the cheaper dev costs would be advantageous more to smaller devs, which is why you still see companies like 5pb and Cave giving support, but not so much the bigger third parties anymore.
That still rmeains to be seen icecream. Granted not as much as the 360 has been getting in the last 2 years or so. But continued support here & there may still be viable as the userbase continues to grow. Would most likely see that direction come TGS or maybe even E3. But I doubt big japanese third party exclusive abruptly stops altogether. it'll taper off as they go more multi oriented for both systems but wont stop flat.

Revelations said:
That still rmeains to be seen icecream. Granted not as much as the 360 has been getting in the last 2 years or so. But continued support here & there may still be viable as the userbase continues to grow. Would most likely see that direction come TGS or maybe even E3. But I doubt big japanese third party exclusive abruptly stops altogether. it'll taper off as they go more multi oriented for both systems but wont stop flat.

I think it'll just depend on the publisher. In the case of Atlus for example, their games will likely all be multiplatform. Especially taking into account those financial results they released earlier this year where it was revealed that they're doing pretty damn bad. So they need all the sales that they can get. For them to go exclusive to any system would seem very questionable at this point.

RPGCrazied

I'm sure they got SE's permission.. if not, sue time? Thats def sora an co.. just look at the stance, its sora.

Im not getting to excited over Magna Carta 2.. while it looks good, the first one was ass.

Kyoufu

What the fuck is Sora doing in...Shining Force......what?

*confuzzled*

Oh wait nevermind. Looking at the character art on that page, the designs don't match up, so basically Famitsu fucked up.

Now the real question is, what the fuck is that KH game? I don't recall Sora being in BBS for PSP........

*confoozled*

HOLY SHIT IS THAT KH3?!?!

Eteric Rice

I'm honestly surprised Atlus hasn't jumped on the Wii boat. I mean, I know they've put games on it, but I'm talking about full blown RPGs.

Kind of dissapointing, really.

Kyoufu

Wow I am so confused right now. The only media on the official website for SFC is the character art, who look nothing like the ones shown in Famitsu.

The official website will have a movie up sometime today though so we'll see for sure if Sora is making an appearance in some shitty Sega Shining Force game.

I also find it strange that Famitsu has the gameplay screens and yet the official website doesn't. Something is fishy here.

edit: Movie is up: http://shining-force.jp/cross/movie/

Looks decent and the screens match up the game itself but what the fuck is up with the Sora copy? :lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Infinite Space looks amazing. It seems enemies can invade your ship and you have to engage on hand-to-hand combat, of course I suspect you can invade enemy ships as well.

I wonder if it'll be possible to have a fleet, instead of just one ship.

Aru

Kyoufu said:
Wow I am so confused right now. The only media on the official website for SFC is the character art, who look nothing like the ones shown in Famitsu.

The official website will have a movie up sometime today though so we'll see for sure if Sora is making an appearance in some shitty Sega Shining Force game.

I also find it strange that Famitsu has the gameplay screens and yet the official website doesn't. Something is fishy here.

edit: Movie is up: http://shining-force.jp/cross/movie/

Looks decent and the screens match up the game itself but what the fuck is up with the Sora copy? :lol

This is KH3 XD

Anyway, Infinite Space looks good.

gantz85

Banned
Revelations said:
When looking at the sales stats. Most ps exclusive sell roughly 100k more than the 360 exclusives for a userbase 2x as larger. citing here: MC:66 and here MC:68 Not really a significant sales gap comparatively.

In a market where 360's best-seller is at 200K units, 100K units difference is big.

Brofist

Eteric Rice said:
I'm honestly surprised Atlus hasn't jumped on the Wii boat. I mean, I know they've put games on it, but I'm talking about full blown RPGs.

Well it would certainly allow them to milk the same engine for a few more Persona games.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm still annoyed that outside of the scan and the site, there's nothing much on Kamen Rider Climax Heroes. =<

neo2046

Ookami-kun said:
I'm still annoyed that outside of the scan and the site, there's nothing much on Kamen Rider Climax Heroes. =<
there are only 2 ss (screen shots) in the magazine news
Famitsu.com itself may have more ss later this week

ethelred

Eteric Rice said:

It isn't even remotely surprising, Eteric.

And you were told all of this two years ago. So if you're honestly surprised, perhaps (then and now and in the future) you should be guided by reasoning rather than frivolous biases.

The Wii has more than proven itself over the two intervening years since our last discussion to not be the system of niche, cult games or targetted RPGs -- and in that time since you and I and the rest of the merry little band of Wii fanatics had that debate, we've watched game after game falling into those categories tank abysmally.

Oh, gosh, it's all just so surprising.

Eteric Rice said:

No. It isn't that, either.

zoukka

RpgN said:
Why do they look like whores to me? Especially the second picture :(

?

Where do those designs differ from your average JRPG ladies? Other than the great technical drawing and bodies that look like they belong to adults.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The newest Famitsu has started to come out. Normally I'd make the thread, but I don't speak Japanese so it'd probably be better if someone else did.

The first bit of news seems to be that there's a new Ryu Ga Gotoku game in development.

Top Bottom