• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu news (03/23) - Devil Survivor 2 DS (yes, DS) + Resident Evil Revival (PS360)

consoul

I'm probably going to be alone on this one, but I'd love to see Resident Evil: Dead Aim included in the revival selection. Sure it's a Cavia spin-off game, but I want it in the collection anyway. Just throw it in like Deadstorm Pirates in the recent Time Crisis compilation.

It's real-time 3D, it would probably translate to HD better than Code Veronica and it's perfect for Move.

As much as I love these two games, if they upres both and try to put them on a disc for even $40, that's really not that good a deal for me personally.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ShockingAlberto said:
As much as I love these two games, if they upres both and try to put them on a disc for even $40, that's really not that good a deal for me personally.

Welcome back.

I told duckroll earlier today that I'd consider trading RE4Wii for this if it was priced at $20 and I could get $5-10 for RE4Wii. Cue hordes of people excoriating me for being insufficient in awe of the RE4Wii motion controls.

Aeana

Stumpokapow said:
Welcome back.

I told duckroll earlier today that I'd consider trading RE4Wii for this if it was priced at $20 and I could get $5-10 for RE4Wii. Cue hordes of people excoriating me for being insufficient in awe of the RE4Wii motion controls.
Oh, let me be the first.

Monster.

Ridley327

Stumpokapow said:
Welcome back.

Can I at least make fun of you for expecting this collection to be $20?

Stumpokapow said:
Welcome back.

Well if they support Move...

Sipowicz

Banned
Gravijah said:
The one with the touching and the girls and the blowing ears or whatever? If so, then yes.

what the heck?

i read on eurogamer that it's an adventure game from the maker of okamiden. does anyone have a link to the thread?

brandonh83 said:
Just got back from work, any scans or more info?

Yes, scans are up:4 pages.

Looks like straight ports, although there seem to be a few improvements:

- CV have better lightning and proper shadows, (no more circle PSX era shadows yay!).
- RE4 looks like it may have added blur, one of the comparison shoots looks like it have added blur, but this is just me, so don't take it too seriously.

Also no extra features. (RE4 has all the features from PS2/Wii)

Who in the hell would willingly pay good money for Code Veronica. It was bad enough when I first played it on the Dreamcast, I dread to think how it's aged. If RE4 is suped up and made even more awesome I'd love to give that another go (with move support?) but it really sucks to have to pay for Code in the process. Pretty much confirms it wouldn't be a day 1 pick up.

Appollowexx said:
Who in the hell would willingly pay good money for Code Veronica. It was bad enough when I first played it on the Dreamcast, I dread to think how it's aged. If RE4 is suped up and made even more awesome I'd love to give that another go (with move support?) but it really sucks to have to pay for Code in the process. Pretty much confirms it wouldn't be a day 1 pick up.

I'm willing to give CV another chance, bceause actually I barely remember most of the game and why it leave so much bad impression that I put it so low in my RE ranking....

Curufinwe

Stumpokapow said:
Welcome back.

RE 4 Wii is only $10 new, so I doubt you'd get even $5 for it.

Regular guns are extremely accurate with the Wiimote, but general movement and accessing menus isn't as smooth for me as it was on the GC version, and the rifle aiming with the nunchuk's stick is overly accelerated and less accurate than using the left stick on the GC pad.

onken

I went out and got drunk and completely forgot about all this, I NEED TO BUY FAMITSU, scans aren't cutting it. Man, 2 of my favouritest RE games in HD on one disc, I can't believe it it's like some sort of dream come true.

Well actually my fave game is RE2 though I don't know how I feel about a remake of that. It's perfect as it is!

also, fuck the CV haters I love that game.

Just saw the scans.

I find it funny that Resident Evil 4 is going to be one of the best looking next gen games......again.

I also find it funny that it’s going to be the game of the gen....again! Resident Evil 4, hell yeah! <3

By the way, Code Veronica is amazing! For me it’s right behind REmake as the best traditional RE.

AniHawk

Stumpokapow said:
Welcome back.

the re4wii motion controls weren't really that good to be honest. i think there was the reload thing and the knife thing and that was it. hoping that re4ps3 gets move support with real motion controls this time.

Blueblur1

Tricky I Shadow said:
Just saw the scans.

I find it funny that Resident Evil 4 is going to be one of the best looking next gen games......again.

I also find it funny that it’s going to be the game of the gen....again! Resident Evil 4, hell yeah! <3

By the way, Code Veronica is amazing! For me it’s right behind REmake as the best traditional RE.
Best looking this gen? :lol

T-Matt

The RE collection will probably be the first game I do a custom cover for unless they somehow manage to do something cool.

AniHawk said:
the re4wii motion controls weren't really that good to be honest. i think there was the reload thing and the knife thing and that was it. hoping that re4ps3 gets move support with real motion controls this time.
OH ANIHAWK

Minsc

Gold Member
Tricky I Shadow said:
RE4 Wii is great, but I’ll take RE4 HD over RE4 Wii controls any day!

If it is a lazy port, it will be identical to the Dolphin version then, at best (aside from the whole CVX part). If it's more than a lazy port, then we're talking.

MoxManiac

Why are people bashing CV so much? I don't remember it being the high point of the series, but I do remember it being quite good and satisfyingly long compared to the earlier games.

Code: Veronica has one of the best horror game soundtracks ever. Some of the tracks are just ridiculously creepy. The Suspended Doll, for one, but there are some better ones that I can't recall the track names for.

epmode

Stumpokapow said:
Welcome back.

I just use a Gamecube controller in the Wii version so I'm right there with you, provided they keep the advanced lighting.

The game just isn't balanced around the Wii controls and it trivializes most encounters. Incidentally, this is how I feel about the Iphone ports of Cave shooters.

Flakster99

After playing RE5 /w Move support, and going back to RE4 with Wii motion and pointer support, I just don't 'get' the comments about the Wii motion and/or pointer controls being inadequate, or hampering the RE4 experience.

The Wii version for certain gameplay mechanics also uses button presses instead of motion, if motion wasn't your thing. I certainly didn't have an 'epiphany' moment and thought to myself "RE4 NEEDS to have real motion control support, hello Move".

Saw the scans - not a big deal. For me personally, budget release each version or combo pack for 50 bucks or we're all getting ripped off.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I hope it's budget priced, but I'm not ashamed to admit I would pay full price for an HD version of biohazard 4 ALONE so this is a no brainer. Will import day one.

todahawk

re: Move controls or the lack thereof

I've played RE5 with the Move as well as other games but I'm currently playing through RE4 again on Dolphin with a PS3 controller and after a quick adjustment period I'm loving it.

If Capcom confirms Move support I'm not even sure if I'd use it... at least on my first playthrough for nostalgia's sake.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
No one seems to care about Devil Survivor 2 DS makes me a sad panda ;_; Is there any new info available about this game? Priorities, people... priorities!

Anyways, I wonder what Mikami thought seeing Resident Evil 4 ported getting ported all over the place. It's a wonder why Capcom would let go a talent that can create such a timeless classic such as RE4--I've never seen ANY game before that is getting ported all over the place and yet all the ports received very positive reviews (perhaps the PC version is the exception)

Yaweee

Laughing Banana said:
No one seems to care about Devil Survivor 2 DS makes me a sad panda ;_; Is there any new info available about this game? Priorities, people... priorities!

Anyways, I wonder what Mikami thought seeing Resident Evil 4 ported getting ported all over the place. It's a wonder why Capcom would let go a talent that can create such a timeless classic such as RE4--I've never seen ANY game before that is getting ported all over the place and yet all the ports received very positive reviews (perhaps the PC version is the exception)

There's another thread for DS2 with a summary of the article and Famitsu page.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
RiverBed said:
I can't see any pics on page 4. Are they of the PS360 games? I really wan to see those. :(
You won't find them on gaf :p

Yes they're of the PS3\360 versions.

Now that the initial excitement of "omg fuck yes re4 HD!" has worn off, I think what really has me excited is the prospect of more HD ports from Capcom, like DMC, Viewtiful Joe, Onimusha, Maximo (Yeah right lol), etc...

cvxfreak

MoxManiac said:
Why are people bashing CV so much? I don't remember it being the high point of the series, but I do remember it being quite good and satisfyingly long compared to the earlier games.

Because they have horrid taste in games.

CV got me into the series. That alone says a lot!

Daigoro

RE! RE! RE! RE!

yay!

im extremly excited for CV. i hope it looks great, because the older versions are not holding up well at all imo.

Tricky I Shadow said:
One of the best......absolutely.

uh yeah. lets wait and see the actual game before we start putting our foot in our mouth shall we?

i seriously doubt that it will look better than RE5.

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Now that the initial excitement of "omg fuck yes re4 HD!" has worn off, I think what really has me excited is the prospect of more HD ports from Capcom, like DMC, Viewtiful Joe, Onimusha, Maximo (Yeah right lol), etc...

took all of 3 hours for you huh?

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I want the first three resident evils and remake and zero with trophies. I guess they can't really upscale them past 480p.

RiverBed

Banned
Finally found the scan. Will CV just be a direct port meaning made to work on PS3 without redoing the models? The zombies look as blocky as PS2 games.

I really likes CV. I envied Dreamcast gamers for having it till I finally got to play it on PS2 and I was NOT disappointed. :)

Neiteio

Being able to play RE4 on an HDTV without my eyes dying from teh blurry makes me feel right as rain. But what's this about CVX being on it? Don't know if want -- I'm a fan of RE post-RE4; could never wrap my head around the camera/tank controls in the olden games. (Though I -did- enjoy watching my friend play through REmake a couple times.) Besides, what I've seen of CVX from afar never looked that interesting.

So, my questions:

- Are both games on one disk?
- If so, is there some thematic link between the two? I mean... Why these two and not, say, RE4 and RE1?
- Should I be excited about CV if I never played it and if so, why? I was always under the impression it was weak?

Unless someone sells me on the merits of CV, its inclusion in the package will feel random to me and tarnish the sheer wonder that is up-rezzed El Gigante testicles.

FoneBone

Neiteio said:
- If so, is there some thematic link between the two? I mean... Why these two and not, say, RE4 and RE1?
As already said: because this is a half-assed effort, and those were the only two mainline REs pre-RE5 with entirely realtime graphics, which means they can be up-ported to HD without a creating entirely new assets (or spending the time and money re-rendering the old backgrounds).

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Neiteio said:
Uh, I guess they both star the two separate protagonists of biohazard 2. That's a link.

Also they both have some fucking weird villains.

RiverBed

Banned
Neiteio said:
Why these two and not, say, RE4 and RE1?
I'm guessing because RE1 is too valuable. I think RE1&2 along with RE4 are the biggest RE games for Capcom, so they'd like to make bundles of those on their own with 'lesser' RE games.

Personally, I really like the Nemesis theme from RE3: it kept you jumpy the whole time. I'd love to see Nemesis redone for a change. It seems Capcom keeps pretending RE3 doesn't exist. I don't think they EVER re-released it. Strange, is it possible it sucked that much financially?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
luka said:
Uh, I guess they both star the two separate protagonists of biohazard 2. That's a link.

Also they both have some fucking weird villains.
Does this mean RE2make soon!? *sets self up for disappointment*

Top Bottom