• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu news and reviews for 11/20/12, 7th Dragon 2020 II (PSP) revealed

Hobby

New titles:
7th Dragon 2020 II
PSP
Spring 2013 release
6279 yen
- Set in the year 2021. New job added is idol, can select a voice from 40 different voice actors in character creation.

Continued info:
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (Vita)
- Introduction of members belonging to Hanzou academy. Package shown, the original 5 members of the Dajo academy (Homura, Yomi, Hikage, Mirai and Haruka [thanks mao2]) confirmed.

Phantasy Star Online 2 (Vita)
- Will be distributed on 2/28/13. F2P, packaged game will retail for 5229 yen and feature special content.
- Supports online play between Vita and PC users.
- Characters, AC, item data can be shared between PC and Vita.
- The retail release will include a set of 2 types of costumes, a set of 3 types of weapons, device to evolve mags, wearable sticker, music disc, a set of 30 days of premium, and a ticket to acquire FUN1000.

http://remoon.blog15.fc2.com/blog-entry-23529.html

Reviews:
NARUTO Powerful Shippuden:8878
Layton vs. Ace Attorney:9998
Unchained Blades Exivv:8777
Totori no Atorie Plus:8887
Koi ha kousuku ni shibararenai!:7776
Missing Parts:6766
Kamen Rider ー Chou Climax Heroes(PSP):8777
Saint Seiya Ω:6766
Medal of Honor Warfighter(PS3):8988
Medal of Honor Warfighter (XB360):8988
Kamen Rider - Chou Climax Heroes (Wii):7788
Taiko no Tatsujin Wii:8888
Sport Championship 2:7656
The 2nd Super Robot Wars OG:9899
Darksiders 2(PS3):9899
Darksiders 2(XB360):9899
Rabu Tore Mint:7768

http://taletalesource.blog69.fc2.com/blog-entry-3018.html

mao2

Continued info:
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus
- Introduction of members belonging to Hanzou academy. Package shown, Dajo and Gen confirmed, along with 3 others.
I just wanna point out a little mistake there. "元・蛇女の5名" means the original 5 members of the Dajo Hebijo academy (Homura, Yomi, Hikage, Mirai and Haruka). Can't wait to see their new illustrations. :)

Hobby

I just wanna point out a little mistake there. "元・蛇女の5名" means the original 5 members of the Dajo academy (Homura, Yomi, Hikage, Mirai and Haruka). Can't wait to see their new illustrations. :)
Whoops, yeah, wasn't totally sure about that, as I haven't played the games. Thanks.

I... don't get why there are still so many games coming to PSP in Japan, outside the fact that everyone and their grandmother having one over there. I'm not port begging, I just think it's silly because we've been seeing this a lot lately. A lot of people have been clamoring for Sony to stop approving PSP games, but their in this weird situation where they're in between two handheld platforms and they're still supporting both.

I... don't get why there are still so many games coming to PSP in Japan, outside the fact that everyone and their grandmother having one over there. I'm not port begging, I just think it's silly because we've been seeing this a lot lately. A lot of people have been clamoring for Sony to stop approving PSP games, but their in this weird situation where they're in between two handheld platforms and they're still supporting both.

They don't feel the PSP base has or will move on to the 3DS and it is seemingly obvious that they will never move on to the Vita, so it makes sense to keep it on PSP for now.

New job added is idol, can select a voice from 40 different voice actors in character creation.

Hooooo boy.

For more important info: status report on the Holy Trinity of Kodama/Niinou/Koshiro still present for this, anyone?

It's sorta weird that there aren't more PSP/3DS releases yes. Not supporting the Vita is financially sensible.

Spiegel

November 2010 - Well, this should be it for psp announcements
November 2011 - Well, this should be it for psp announcements
November 2012 - Well, this should be it for psp announcements
November 2013 - ?

Spiegel

I don't know if it's from Famitsu too but Siliconera posted this:

PSO2 Vita

February 28, free and 5229 yen

- Paid Version:
Eight costumes (two for each race) from Phantasy Star Portable 2.
Clad Cannon (launcher), Clad 6 (rod), and Wing Spada (sword) weapons from Phantasy Star Portable 2.
A Mag evolution device
Premium Set for 30 days
Fun 1000 ticket
Decorative Little Wing Stickers
A music disk with songs from Phantasy Star Portable and Portable 2.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/2...february-with-for-pay-special-package-edtion/

Layton vs. Ace Attorney:9998
I didn't even realize this was out!

Now the long 18 month wait for the english release begins!

I wonder if Shu Takumi will go back to the NEXT Ace Attorney game, and if it'll be bizarre for him to have to adapt to whatever direction AA5 makes the story go.

squall23

I didn't even realize this was out!

Now the long 18 month wait for the english release begins!

I wonder if Shu Takumi will go back to the NEXT Ace Attorney game, and if it'll be bizarre for him to have to adapt to whatever direction AA5 makes the story go.
Well, actually it's not out yet, but it will be next Thursday alongside SRWOG2nd.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Hobby

Phantasy Star Online 2 (Vita) to be distributed on 2/28/13. F2P, packaged game will retail for 5229 yen and feature special content.

- Supports online play between Vita and PC users.
- Characters, AC, item data can be shared between PC and Vita.

The retail release will include a set of 2 types of costumes, a set of 3 types of weapons, device to evolve mags, wearable sticker, music disc, a set of 30 days of premium, and a ticket to acquire FUN1000.

http://remoon.blog15.fc2.com/blog-entry-23529.html

Takao

Banned
Somehow I forgot this game existed. I'm pretty sure Sony did too.

Sports Champions 2 is the only non-Vita braining training game (lol Smart As) from SCE that hasn't gotten an TV advertisement in the US. LBP Karting, All-Stars, and Wonderbook have.

RedSwirl

They don't feel the PSP base has or will move on to the 3DS and it is seemingly obvious that they will never move on to the Vita, so it makes sense to keep it on PSP for now.

I'm starting to think Japanese gamers don't want new hardware at all, at least not for better graphics. It's like the market over there is perpetually stuck on PS2-era graphics.

Takao

Banned
Make games for the PSP so that Sony can make em Digital for Vita owners, everyone wins except Vita owners lol

Everyone wins except people who don't speak Japanese, and Sony I guess. Vita owners in Japan can play the PSP games via PSN downloads, but us in the west? While there's a crazy trickle of titles like Elminage, Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, I Am An Aiport Commander: Airport Hero Haneda, Ragnarok Tactics, Hakukoi: Warriors of the Shinsengumi, Class of Heroes 2, Generation of Chaos: Pandora’s Reflection and Carnage Heart EXA but those are the outliers I'm afraid. : /

vall03

just did a quick Google search

Atelier Rorona: 30/40
Atelier Totori: 30/40
Atelier Meruru: 35/40
Atelier Ayesha: 34/40
Atelier Totori Plus: 31/40

is there even a chance we will get Atelier Totori Plus?

I don't know if it's from Famitsu too but Siliconera posted this:

PSO2 Vita

February 28, free and 5229 yen

- Paid Version:
Eight costumes (two for each race) from Phantasy Star Portable 2.
Clad Cannon (launcher), Clad 6 (rod), and Wing Spada (sword) weapons from Phantasy Star Portable 2.
A Mag evolution device
Premium Set for 30 days
Fun 1000 ticket
Decorative Little Wing Stickers
A music disk with songs from Phantasy Star Portable and Portable 2.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/2...february-with-for-pay-special-package-edtion/

Omfg!!! So exciting that it has a release date :)

I want this so badly. Vita killer app.

Same. Hopefully Sega puts it out in the West :( I desperately want PSO2 on my Vita! Plus the Vita as a whole needs it, globally.

hteng

Banned
The 2nd Super Robot Wars OG:9899

that's disappointing, consider how much effort Banpresto puts into making the transition to HD. That said, the game is exceptionally expensive though

Mandoric

Banned
that's disappointing, consider how much effort Banpresto puts into making the transition to HD. That said, the game is exceptionally expensive though

IMO, the difference between 8/8/8/8, 9/9/9/(w/e), and 10/10/10/(w/e) is entirely based on how well you flirt. 35 is well within the "great game, midrange marketing budget" territory.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Not getting any of the 7th Dragon games over here is such a crime... series always looked so appealing to me (doesn't hurt that Kodama is behind some of my favorite games of all time).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
8988 for Warfighter? Famitsu, you so crazy.

35/40 is a good score, and SRW is a series that doesn't rely on reviews for sales. It's got a crazy fanbase.

Boney

Banned
Today the subway news tv thingy was going on

today SEGA is going to announce it's new game on Famitsu! while showing the teaser image

must be a slow news day...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
As long as Imageepoch is behind the next 7th dragon game aint going to touch that thing. The last one was bad enough as is. Maybe they should spend more time on actual gameplay and content rather than having a ton of voices.

Top Bottom