• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu polls Japan for their top 10 most memorable games per console

Like the result of that would be any different here.

No. I loved it, making their hostility all the more infuriating. They're just upset because it takes place in America and has an entirely new cast without the Parisian or Japanese troupes.

It was 100% everything you could want from a Sakura Wars game, through and through.

Cool to hear, I will play it some day. In fact, I quite like the shift of Japan/Paris to America, the characters and Kobu designs are also quite good.

Galang

Banned
Japan's taste is awesome. The best Persona charting twice and Persona 4 nowhere on the PS2 list; all is right in the world. They should have funded P3 Golden instead

duckroll

Glad to see Tactics Ogre on the SFC list. Shadow Hearts 2 and Minstrel Song on the PS2 list? Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

There's some real interesting ones here I ain't heard of, like the Giger JRPG on the PCE.

Glad to see Tactics Ogre on the SFC list. Shadow Hearts 2 and Minstrel Song on the PS2 list? Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Tactics Ogre TWICE.

Glory to Lord Matsuno!

This is almost assuredly skewed towards hardcore gamers, though. Still...

Nachos

Pleasantly baffled at Boktai being #5 on the GBA list, though I guess being memorable doesn't mean being among the best.

What is Earthbound doing under the NES it was released for the Super NES. Japan and I seem to have similar taste in games for the SNES.

Dragon Quest looks pretty popular over there, but isn't popular in general in America and the UK which is disappointing because I found VIII and V good games. Glad to see that they like Final Fantasy IX too.

Makonero

What is Earthbound doing under the NES it was released for the Super NES. Japan and I seem to have similar taste in games for the SNES.

Dragon Quest looks pretty popular over there, but isn't popular in general in America and the UK which is disappointing because I found VIII and V good games. Glad to see that they like Final Fantasy IX too.
Mother 1 is also Earthbound going by the title screen for the western release.

Cipherr

I need to get around to playing Tactics Ogre: LUCT.

I always said I would but never did after all these years. Probably costs a fucking fortune on eBay.

Taruranto

Nier wins PS3!

Drakengard sneaks in at 10 on PS2 list.

Yoko Taro has got to be incredibly happy about that, I really can't imagine he'd expect his work to ranked so highly!

I also can't imagine anyone ranking Drakengard so highly.

This poll is really weird.

DNAbro

Persona 3 being that high up on PS2 is super unexpected. I guess current perceptions of the series is effecting it.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I also can't imagine anyone ranking Drakengard so highly.

This poll is really weird.

Well the criteria is memorability, not quality. Say what you want about Drakengard, but its sheer insanity makes it pretty much unforgettable.

Also good to see Snatcher still being remembered! A shame Sdatcher just ended up being a radio play instead of a game collab between Suda and Kojima.

Calm Mind

1. Splatoon - 556 votes

That inevitable Splatoon sequel is going to sell like crazy if this poll is to be believed.

kagamin

For those confused about what The iDOLM@STER is because of the weird responses, allow me to reply and clarify, its essentially a management simulation game, where you produce an idol from a set few characters and try to get them to the top of the charts, it has its origins as an arcade game from 2005 and the X360 version is an enhanced version of the arcade game with an extra character as well as many other changes and improvements.

PlayStation 3

7. The Last of Us - 47 votes

5. Uncharted 2 - 72 votes

4. Journey - 96 votes

PlayStation 4

9. Fallout 4 - 51 votes

6. The Witcher 3 - 62 votes

2. Uncharted 4 - 226 votes
Listing a few choices across all of these generations isn't exactly disproving my joke as I wasn't being literal. Especially with idolmaster ranking #1 in the 360 lol

NastyBook

That PS3 list is just flat out GOOD.

EDIT: Drakengard making top 10 on PS2 is nice. When you have a game where even the weapon select screen has an epic track, you've stumbled upon something special.

Vandole

SaGa Frontier is a genuine surprise. A pleasant one though. Maybe this will encourage SE to do a remake that fixes the problems it has and completes the story.

the Tales series isn't memorable it seems.

Surprised about Donkey Kong Country and Dark Souls not getting any votes.

Bravely Default and Second will be my most memorable 3DS games in my heart.

Boogiepop

Admittedly from a limited poll and they're both relatively low in their lists and number of votes anyway, but... aren't at least Altered Beast and SMT IX supposed to be awful? Don't exactly have experience with either, but I've heard real bad things about both whenever they're brought up...

Tizoc

Even FF13 gets second place on the PS3 over there. C'mon Japanese sons.
Notice how neither of its sequels are on the list
Id like to think that if any. other single player ff game had released on ps3 it may have overtaken it

Surprised to see Baten Kaitos so high up on the GC list. I thought it was a really underrated RPG, and had a beautiful soundtrack.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
How on earth??? LOL

It's like the only reason the 360 sold units in Japan lol

0HEdF6R.png
Worship and revere your idol goddess!

Top Bottom