• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans: Bring Xenoblade, TLS, Pandora to US | NoA: lol no | NoE: Come here instead!

Cactus

Banned
IIRC this same process for Dragon Quest VI was completed a week or so before it was officially announced for North America.

I guess we'll know pretty soon if we're getting this over here.

Javier

Billychu said:
You say this like Nintendo hasn't completely developed an entire game and just threw it away for no reason.
But that's not the case here, as these games are already out in Japan.

Hiltz

The Monado trademark gets a third extension.

Status Update! On Wednesday, June 15, 2011, status on the MONADO trademark changed to THIRD EXTENSION - GRANTED.

On Tuesday, June 02, 2009, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for MONADO. This trademark is owned by Nintendo of America Inc., Redmond, WA 98052. The USPTO has given the MONADO trademark serial number of 77749675. The current federal status of this trademark filing is THIRD EXTENSION - GRANTED.

http://www.trademarkia.com/monado-77749675.html

Will we ever get a straight answer from Nintendo ?

Phoenix_Apollo said:
Why the hell do they still insist on calling it Monado? Giving it a Xeno prefix would help it sell better.

The only mention of the game in North America was when it was still called Monado: Beginning of the World and this trademark originates from them.

NeededSleep

Phoenix_Apollo said:
Why the hell do they still insist on calling it Monado? Giving it a Xeno prefix would help it sell better.

I would of thought myself as well.

Xeno is an established name at least. I didn't even realize Monado was Xenoblade for the longest time. I only found out myself by reading GAF.

Poyunch

Shiggy said:
They never say "never".
vi5Dd.jpg

NeededSleep

Been hearing the mail in campaign has been getting the same responses from NOA.
Wasn't expecting it to work, but its just pretty much guarantee preorder from NOE for me.

creid

NeededSleep said:
Where've you been hearing this? Haven't heard of anyone getting a response back.

Toth said:
Well...less than a month before many of their potential audience including myself imports from Europe.

I just hope Xenoblade is one of the games that works in 480i. Some of us still like to play Wii games with our CRTs, and a game with a color palette this beautiful deserves it.

Shiggy

SecretMoblin said:
I just hope Xenoblade is one of the games that works in 480i. Some of us still like to play Wii games with our CRTs, and a game with a color palette this beautiful deserves it.

All Wii games do, don't they?

Shiggy said:

I was under the impression that some imported games (PAL to NTSC) didn't work with 480i on a game-by-game basis, even by "forcing" the game to run in NTSC mode using homebrew programs. Or maybe there's just an occasional compatibility issue with 480p? I'm confused.

Regardless, maybe I should just use the game with Dolphin and use it as an excuse to upgrade my PC. I'm getting the LE because I'm a terrible sucker for shiny red controllers.

This whole thing has been one massive frustration after another, and the worst part of it all is that none of this needed to happen.

NeededSleep said:
Wasn't expecting it to work, but its just pretty much guarantee preorder from NOE for me.

I don't think we can expect a much different response to these letters. The thing is...can the letters eventually open NoA's eyes?

Phenomic

Shiggy said:

I think the thing was they don't have to but most of them if not all nowadays do run 480i. This came up in earlier discussion I believe in either this thread or a similar one that a few of the old Wii titles DIDN'T support 480i. I think a user mentioned the first Raving Rabbids game didn't. There are probably a few more early games that didn't. The japanese game supports 480i I don't see why this wouldn't either.

Hiltz

Bel Marduk said:
I don't think we can expect a much different response to these letters. The thing is...can the letters eventually open NoA's eyes?

I think Nintendo would have taken it seriously had Reggie or Iwata been the ones to respond to whether or not these games were be coming out in North America.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I'm going to send my last letter out at least. I haven't gotten a letter back, but I haven't picked up the mail today. Last thing I can do is call them, which I'm not sure is worth it at this point.

Ricker

I have a near launch White Wii but I would sign a contract with NOA saying I would buy a Black Wii along with those 3 games if they bring them to NOA :p

Phenomic said:
I think the thing was they don't have to but most of them if not all nowadays do run 480i. This came up in earlier discussion I believe in either this thread or a similar one that a few of the old Wii titles DIDN'T support 480i. I think a user mentioned the first Raving Rabbids game didn't. There are probably a few more early games that didn't. The japanese game supports 480i I don't see why this wouldn't either.

Thanks for the info!

Roto13

chaostrophy said:
Getting me (and a lot of other people in this thread) to buy a Wii U is his problem though.
Yes. Give me a reason to buy a Wii U if you're showing that 1) you don't really care about core gamers, and 2) you're not going to release the first and second party games that people buy Nintendo console for in the first place.

cametall

I just got a response letter from NoA too. Same as above. At least they're taking time to acknowledge and respond to them, even if it is a standard response.

matmanx1

I'm pretty hyped at this point. I picked up a second-hand Wii for my game room this week just to put Homebrew on so I could load and use a Region Free app for Xenoblade. It's up there with Dark Souls for my most hotly anticipated title for the rest of the year.

The wait to launch on August 19th will be rough. The wait from August 19th until it arrives at my house in the US will be even worse though. But hey, at least NOE is giving me the chance to play the game in English!

Top Bottom