• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans: Bring Xenoblade, TLS, Pandora to US | NoA: lol no | NoE: Come here instead!

Kacho

ShockingAlberto said:
I did ask around and the rumors of an NTSC Xenoblade (that was definitely different from NOA testing Euroblade) that the OPRainfall source talked about do appear to have some basis in reality.

No one get excited, though, because I have no idea when it was thrown about or if it even went anywhere. But I brought up the OP Rainfall thing to a few people and they sort of went "Yeah, that's not entirely made up."

*Is excite*

I think it's safe to say we will at least get one of these games. Call it a fools hope, but I believe. It's just a matter of time before they announce it.

evangd007

ShockingAlberto said:
I did ask around and the rumors of an NTSC Xenoblade (that was definitely different from NOA testing Euroblade) that the OPRainfall source talked about do appear to have some basis in reality.

No one get excited, though, because I have no idea when it was thrown about or if it even went anywhere. But I brought up the OP Rainfall thing to a few people and they sort of went "Yeah, that's not entirely made up."

Not "entirely" made up? I'm going to have to contemplate this one awhile.

I'm in no rush though, if I pick up an import copy I'd do so when I visit Europe this September.

Javier

I think if one of the games makes it to the US, it's going to be Last Story. It seems to be the most well-received one, it's from the people who made Final Fantasy, and it's already trademarked in the US since it was first announced in Japan.

Which would be fine by me since it's the one I'm interested in the most.

wrowa

Javier said:
I think if one of the games makes it to the US, it's going to be Last Story. It seems to be the most well-received one, it's from the people who made Final Fantasy, and it's already trademarked in the US since it was first announced in Japan.

Which would be fine by me since it's the one I'm interested in the most.
It's probably the one with the biggest sales potential due to the involvement of Sakaguchi, but it certainly isn't a "well-received" game in Japan. To the contrary, Japanese word of mouth was rather bad.

Javier

wrowa said:
It's probably the one with the biggest sales potential due to the involvement of Sakaguchi, but it certainly isn't a "well-received" game in Japan. To the contrary, Japanese word of mouth was rather bad.
Mmm, I guess I misread somewhere. Either way I'm interested on playing it.

Although I do remember Pandora's Tower was pretty much trashed by Japanese reviewers.

Javier said:

Although I do remember Pandora's Tower was pretty much trashed by Japanese reviewers.

Yeah I don't know why people would rather have Pandora's Tower than Zangeki no Reginleiv. But the latter is too violent for NoA so they won't release it. :/

Phenomic

bubnbob said:
I hate to be that guy, but in your little mini-guide above, can you convert the UK->US currency?

Currently, according to Google:

Zavvi £29.85 - $48.60
GAME (Collectors Edition) £49.99 - $81.40
GAME (Regular Edition) £37.99 - $61.86
365games £31.99 - $52.01
ASDA £29.91 - $48.70

Note that some retailers show conversion rates on their sites, some include shipping, some don't, and shipping rates can depend on a number of factors - most importantly, which service you use.

bubnbob said:
I hate to be that guy, but in your little mini-guide above, can you convert the UK->US currency?
I did plan to do that and try to find delivery charges as well, but I was pushed for time.

I'll try to add more now.

EDIT: Thank you, SecretMoblin.

Phenomic said:
Okay this is the only thing I have a question on at least right now? Which one of these is the most reliable and best at customer service? This includes Shipping speed, packing etc and ability to deal with problems that arise?
Being in the UK, I don't have any much knowledge relating to those queries, so someone else will have to fill you in. I'll edit in their recommendations as well.

TGMIII

Phenomic said:
Okay this is the only thing I have a question on at least right now? Which one of these is the most reliable and best at customer service? This includes Shipping speed, packing etc and ability to deal with problems that arise?

Personally I've had no problem with any of them apart from zavvi. If you look over at the Cheap arse gaffer thread there was a period where for 3-4 pages people were just complaining about them. Some people have never had problems with them but I'd play it safe and avoid them.

Zwei

SecretMoblin said:
Currently, according to Google:

Zavvi £29.85 - $48.60

And Zavvi offers free shipping, correct?

Wow, not bad considering the weak USD. It will end up costing the same amount as a new first-party Wii game.

Cool. :)

Zwei said:
And Zavvi offers free shipping, correct?

Wow, not bad considering the weak USD. It will end up costing the same amount as a new first-party Wii game.

Cool. :)

I've never ordered from them before (in truth, I haven't imported any European game, ever), but if they do offer free shipping be aware that their reputation is that they usually take a while to deliver products - sometimes several weeks.

bolt7

Banned
SecretMoblin said:
I've never ordered from them before (in truth, I haven't imported any European game, ever), but if they do offer free shipping be aware that their reputation is that they usually take a while to deliver products - sometimes several weeks.

I've ordered from Zavvi in the UK before and have had no problems. I'm not sure how their overseas shipping is, but their UK shipping is fine judging by my past experiences with them.

Ledsen

Sometimes they're fast and sometimes they can take weeks or even months to deliver a product, or not deliver it at all. They also have the worst customer service in the business. Certainly the worst online retailer I've ever had the displeasure to do business with.

Zwei

SecretMoblin said:

Ah, I see. I guess I will just splurge and order the collector set from GAME, then.

Sadist said:
I'll use this for the official thread if you don't mind ;)
No problem!

I thought it would be easier to create something now to help people order the game before its release given the number of queries.

When is Xenoblade Chronicles' release date?

19th of August, 2011.

How can I play this game on my US Wii?

Guide 1 l Guide 2 l NeoGAF Homebrew Thread

Where can I order this for delivery to the US?

Zavvi £29.85 l GAME (Collectors Edition) £49.99 l GAME (Regular Edition) £37.99 l 365games £31.99 l ASDA £29.91

How much is that in US dollars with postage to the US added?

Zavvi (FREE delivery) - $48.60 l GAME (Collectors Edition)(Delivery: £4.95) - $89.50 l GAME (Regular Edition)(Delivery: £4.95) - $69.95 l 365games (Delivery: £0.49) - $52.91 l ASDA (FREE delivery) - $48.70

NOTE: Free or cheaper delivery costs, naturally, can often take longer than delivery from stores offering paid delivery options.

Which of these retailers offers the most reliable service?

Living in the UK, I have no experience relating to these stores international delivery. However of late Zavvi has received some bad word of mouth relating to their delivery speed and poor customer service. For a faster service, with better customer service I'd most likely recommend GAME as their site claims to deliver to the US within 4 to 6 business days, although you will end up paying more.

Is the Collectors Edition available to order from anywhere else/for cheaper?

Unfortunately, no. The Collectors Edition is exclusive to GAME.

What does the Collectors Edition include?

A copy of the game, a red Classic Controller Pro, and in some countries (including the UK, which all of the above order links are) 3 A1 sized posters electronically signed by the Tetsuya Takahashi. Large versions of the posters can be found below;

If I order this from a European country that does not speak English, will I be stuck playing the game in French/Spanish/Italian/German?

No. The game's voice acting will only be available in English and Japanese, whilst only subtitles will be available to encompass other European languages.

Updated.

Detox

Ledsen said:
Sometimes they're fast and sometimes they can take weeks or even months to deliver a product, or not deliver it at all. They also have the worst customer service in the business. Certainly the worst online retailer I've ever had the displeasure to do business with.
Yeah, GAME are extremely reliable when I have used them for preorders obviously they charge a higher price.

Busaiku

Javier said:

Well, The Last Story is the most wanted game according tot he poll on the OR blog.

Lord Ghirahim said:
Kusagari said:
The Last Story has a 58. Looks like it wasn't that well received.
Bebpo said:
It wasn't. Even here in the import thread about half of us gave it a 6/10 and the other half gave it 8 or 9/10.
90 and #1 for Xenoblade with an unranked 58 for The Last Story.

I'm surprised I missed that thread, to be honest.

However, I was kind of glad to see that Xenoblade ranked lower on its difficultly.

Glix

TheBaldEmperor said:
Apparently Nintendo is sending out letters to those who participated in the mailing campaign. Got this today.

My Club Nintendo survey answers have been very interesting lately. :)

donny2112

Nuclear Muffin said:
No need to worry about that.

Pikmin 2 does not play on my TV (SDTV) because of PAL to NTSC conversion issues. It may be something he needs to worry about (unless it's confirmed that XB will have an NTSC mode in it).

Phenomic

adroit said:
Here are couple of posts by Clipper in the Wii homebrew thread which shed some light and uncertainty on getting PAL games to work on 480i NTSC SD TVs:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29262572&postcount=9288
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29266173&postcount=9290

In summary, if you only have a 480i NTSC SD TV, it may or may not work. There is nothing definite about it.

So basically if I have a 480i HDTV this isn't a problem? The game is pretty much guaranteed to run? Is there like an easy explanation with it wouldn't be the same? I mean both are running in the same frequency.

Sagitario

donny2112 said:
Pikmin 2 does not play on my TV (SDTV) because of PAL to NTSC conversion issues. It may be something he needs to worry about (unless it's confirmed that XB will have an NTSC mode in it).

I hope it plays on mine [Sony Wega]

FreeMufasa

Phoenix_Apollo said:
One of the most entertaining videos on the subject yet.[/URL]

It helps that the guy is a good speaker.

That video is banned here. I'd get rid of it. And yes, I agree about the voice.

adroit

Phenomic said:
So basically if I have a 480i HDTV this isn't a problem?
The problem is with old-school tube TVs (480i NTSC). If you have an HDTV and a component cable, you are good to go. If you only have a composite cable (the one which comes standard with the Wii), then you may have to buy a component cable (and switch the Wii from 480i to 480p in the settings menu).

Sophia

Brannon said:
Why is it banned?

I believe it's because it uses a certain website's numbers. However, as the video was removed the last time before I got to see it, I'm not certain if it's the same video. =P

adroit

Brannon said:
Why is it banned?
Because he wraps up the video with bogus sales data from a banned web site. If it hadn't been for that, this would have been Video of the Year. I think he should release an edited version.

Without getting too in depth it is possible to get pal/ntsc games to boot with the Configurable USB Loader. But this wold require a HDD or a big usbstick. This should allow them to work over composite.

donny2112

blizzardjesus said:
Without getting too in depth it is possible to get pal/ntsc games to boot with the Configurable USB Loader. But this wold require a HDD or a big usbstick. This should allow them to work over composite.

Tried what Clipper suggested in the Wii HomeBrew thread, and it didn't work. However, I was loading from the disk and not from an .iso. That probably wouldn't make a difference, though, I think. It seemed like the Gecko options + video patch, country patch to me. *shrugs*

dani_dc

I'm not sure if I should order it from Game/Amazon.de or get it on my country.
I want the special edition (and as soon as possible) but I have no idea if they'll have the A1 posters here or not.

LProtag

Oh crap, I didn't even think about cables. I don't have component. Perhaps there's even more money I need to spend now...

Will any old component cables off of Amazon for the Wii do or is there a marked difference between first party/third party? If someone could throw me a link for something cheap, I'd appreciate that.

Top Bottom