• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantastic Four footage

Status
Not open for further replies.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Looks damn good. For those complaining, just remember that it could SOOOO MUCH WORSE, like all those crappy game to movie releases that we've seen recently. Also, the cast is superb, imo.

Willco

Hollywood Square
SteveMeister said:
... WAIT WAIT.

Spider-Man's webshooters are ORGANIC? LAME 2 TEH XTREM3!

;)

I think there's taking liberties with an origin, which I don't care about and growing a metal mask on your face.

Nobody cares about the damn webshooters because they aren't that far fetched in a movie where a kid also can climb walls.

... BUT A GUY GROWS A METAL MASK? GROWS A METAL MASK!?!

Matlock

Banned
This movie has "Lost in Space" written all over it.

Although I really like the flame effects.

Edit: And what's with the horrible invisibility and PS1 CGI at the end? Christ.

Matlock, they are still shooting the movie. This is VERY early promo stuff.

They plan on CGIing more to Things face to give him emotion and the furrowed brw we all know and love. Like I said this is all very early footage.

Does it seem like a very short turnaround on someting so big budget?

As for Doom, they are basing it more off his Ultimate FF origin in which the metal is his skin, meaning his skin urned into the armor.

It looks like a trainwreck, but I'll reserve judgement until it comes out.

J2 Cool

Man, Sue would not go unnoticed looking like that if I were in the room. But whatever, won't complain about a hot chick being in a movie. It looks decent imo. I was never a big fan of the fantastic four though and these colors look pretty bland. Hopefully they can create a good movie out of this though. I think The Thing has a chance to be very well done btw. That was probably the best thing about this trailer and news of CG adding the brow in. Potentially good cast too

Does Dr. Doom really grow the mask and crap? From what I gathered from the movie, the guy is just really vain and ends up covering his body in metal because of a little scratch that hes ashamed of or something...

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Bacon said:
Does Dr. Doom really grow the mask and crap? From what I gathered from the movie, the guy is just really vain and ends up covering his body in metal because of a little scratch that hes ashamed of or something...

Which would make sense, being one of the leads from 'Nip/Tuck' and all. :lol

Bacon thats the original Marvel continuity. Which is a great origin. Masks himself due to a small 2 inch hairline scar and ends up burning his face to shreds because the mask was still near-molten.

This is mostly based off the redo in the Ultimate Universe where his skin ends up turning into metal and staying that way. I've already dropped this book....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom