• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry: The ORIGINAL CryEngine Tested on 2005 PC Hardware: Athlon X2 3800+/GeForce 6800GT!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

With the upcoming release of Crysis Remastered, we decided to go back and revisit the original CryEngine running the very first Far Cry game, operating on period-appropriate PC hardware! Yes, before Ubisoft bought out the franchise, Crytek developed and updated the first game, giving us our first look at CryEngine technology and delivering an almost work-in-progress take on the behemoth that would become Crysis.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Loving these retro hardware tests. Great trips down memory lane.

Orta

Banned
The first game I ever looked at more than I played. It was incredible for the time on a capable PC.

Tschumi

This game was such an important game for me. I was living in Beijing at the time, we arrived in winter and months later it was still cold and grey.. we discover yet another made-in -the-90s foreignsploitation shopping center and in a random corner by the sports goods they gave a single shelf of games.. i have no idea what far cry is buy it's in a cool metal box and it is cheap as heck, so i pounce...

.. go home, chuck it in, I've been watching LOST recently and, in a weird connection, i become instantly absorbed as hell into this beautiful game.

Amazing game, they lol @ character models etc, but the sheer "early 00s offline rendered cinematic quality" graphics of those guys made them seem more legit.. i snuck through those jungles with bated breath.. the enemies were tough... I seem to remember being able to leave combat once i had engaged.. i played it for a few dozen sweet hours without ever getting past the first few minutes after the mutants are introduced...

Great game. Only bettered by 2.

Top Bottom