• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far East of Eden (x360) Screenshots

olimario

Banned
http://videogamerx.gamedonga.co.kr/bbs/view.php?id=vx01&no=11207

Looking a little better than last time

10.jpg

09.jpg
08.jpg
07.jpg

01.jpg
13.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg

RaijinFY

PS2 engine FTW... :/

Oh well, It's not like everyone can put gazillion dollars on graphics ala Square-Enix.

EDIT: I hope it will be good, maybe MS will import it here.

Bebpo

Banned
:(

[EM] looked better :\ Though to be honest if the game has no noticable load times and is fun, I'll probably enjoy it.

The latest date for this seems to be 3/23. First rpg released in Japan after FFXII (3/16), I would not expect many sales ^^;

Jonnyram

Yeah, classic timing, Hudson.
Though you've got to consider, Bebpo, there are actually people in Japan that hate FF... believe it or not ;)

Jonnyram

All jokes/trolling/spewing aside, what was the last good-looking game Hudson made. They never gave a shit about graphics. Bomberman Act:Zero looks bad, Bomberman PSP looks bad, Momotaro Dentetsu always looked bad, all the Far East of Eden games on PS2/GC look bad. If this were anyone else, I might be worried, but it's Hudson.

Andy787

Banned
Honestly, I don't think it looks terrible. Just extremely unimpressive technically. The art style isn't the best, either, but I think it still looks better overall than some X360 titles.

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:
All jokes/trolling/spewing aside, what was the last good-looking game Hudson made. They never gave a shit about graphics. Bomberman Act:Zero looks bad, Bomberman PSP looks bad, Momotaro Dentetsu always looked bad, all the Far East of Eden games on PS2/GC look bad. If this were anyone else, I might be worried, but it's Hudson.

Tengai Makyou III for PS2 looked pretty darn good for PS2. I mean this X360 game is using the same engine and looks basically the same but with AA.

3436.jpg
-PS2

17.jpg
-X360

Soul4ger

I'm looking forward to this, if they can kill the load times from Namida. Hopefully, this is one of the games Vic Ireland is talking to Microsoft about localizing. That would be swell. If he's to be believed.

Blim or someone in the know, do you have any idea if this is coming to NA? I have a feeling that Xbox 360 RPG's, especially JRPG's, will be few and far between, so I'll probably get this if it's ported.

BioFan

I love the saturn ver. Anyone ever played it??

tengai-book.jpg

tm4-5a.jpg

tm4-7a.jpg

heh

if this is the ver they remake, I would get it...even with that gfx

Andy787

Banned
BioFan said:
I love the saturn ver. Anyone ever played it??

tengai-book.jpg

tm4-5a.jpg

tm4-7a.jpg

heh

if this is the ver they remake, I would get it...even with that gfx
Damn, that looks very nice.
SolidSnakex said:
The Saturn Far East game is coming to the PSP.
Seriously? I hope someone brings that over, looks good. Seems like the PSP is getting a port of every fucking 32bit RPG :p

Soul4ger

Andy787 said:
Seriously? I hope someone brings that over, looks good. Seems like the PSP is getting a port of every fucking 32bit RPG :p

It's awesome. One of the best, but many, Saturn games that didn't make it over here. I would really love a localization of the PSP game. It's set in a fictional early America, and it's just hysterical.

MS: HERE IS A LOT OF MONEY PLEASE MAKE A GAME FOR SAN ROKU MARU DESU

Hudson: OKAY WE WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY AND CHURN OUT AN UGLY PIECE OF SHIT

MS: SOLID IF NOT SPECTACULAR

Kobun Heat said:

So they're copping Atlus' spiel from the last generation? :)

Kobun Heat said:

Sad and probably true.

Lo-Volt

Kobun Heat said:

:lol

I kinda like it, the style. Sure, it doesn't get everything out of the 360, but when the gameplay is solid, I wouldn't mind. It's quite bright and looks 'happy' to me :).

BioFan

I think one thing that makes it look like last gen is the lack of lighting...and atmosphere
this shot stands from the rest cos of the atmosphere
10.jpg

If they can add this type of atmosphere throughout the game and add lighting, I think it'll help the game's overall presentation. Doesnt look next gen but a lot better than the last batch of screens.

as far as story, I have confident it will be a good one...isnt this a remake of the first?If it wasnt popular back then, I doubt they'll have sequels, but ya...hopefully the gameplay is good as well, but I dont see any chance of this coming to the states tho.

BioFan

Dr_Cogent said:
MS shouldn't even allow shit that looks like this onto the 360.
it may not look good, but I've seen worse on the 360
love football for example...fifa'06...somehow this game started to grow on me, after this last batch. Maybe it reminds me of that saturn game I played...hehe
was the first RPG I fall in love with but I could not beat it cos it's all in Japanese...I'm definitely getting the PSP ver :D

not related to the game, just saw this pic from that same website(first post)...and I thought I like this...MS should use her as a mascot or something hehe
XBOX360.jpg

Dr_Cogent

Banned
BioFan said:
it may not look good, but I've seen worse on the 360

Pointing to other bad graphics is no excuse. MS shouldn't have let the likes of Gun on that box either. If it doesn't look at least better than current it doesn't belong on the 360 IMO.

BioFan

Dr_Cogent said:
Pointing to other bad graphics is no excuse. MS shouldn't have let the likes of Gun on that box either. If it doesn't look at least better than current it doesn't belong on the 360 IMO.
well yes you are right....but I think MS knew if they are getting a game(from most small japanese developers), it's prob of this quality or no game at all...I think this is a very low budget game too. But ya, I agree with you.

Dr_Cogent said:

It looks better than the normal Xbox version, wich you probably wouldn't buy because your already had the Xbox 360 in your living room. So I think a little upgraded version of the game was a legit choice.

For me, it doesn't matter that much if the graphics aren't next gen, I like the current gen still as well. I'm just not gonna spend 60 bucks on a game anymore for the current gen, that's all.

Raistlin

I don't think the graphics look bad at all. Yes, they are technically pretty freaking weak for a 360 game - that doesn't make them bad on their own though. Granted, Level 5 has probably done better on PS2 ...

jarrod

Banned
Bebpo said:
Tengai Makyou III for PS2 looked pretty darn good for PS2. I mean this X360 game is using the same engine and looks basically the same but with AA.

3436.jpg
-PS2

17.jpg
-X360
Sure, but Ziria's just a remake... looking at the PS2 Tengai remake....

tm2ps2-1.jpg

...maybe we'll see a similar jumped between that from Majimauru to Namida when Tengai IV hits 360? :)

Top Bottom