• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAT PRINCESS: 32player Medieval Hack&Slash PSN Game

Looks really cool and innovative. Sony is really delivering some serious innovation this generation. Unfortunately the game is probably coming out 9 months after WipEout HD...

the best attack I saw was when a demo-er launched a priest from the catapult on my base's roof to the area right outside the blue base where he put on his dark robes and began casting a curse. True, the priest was killed, but it was still a rad attempt.

They stole this from MGO! Not that there's anything wrong with it :D

Ghost said:
I thought I saw her moving in the conference trailer...or is there another not-quite-as-fat character?
I don't think she was the one moving herself :p Other players were pushing her.

And I think I saw her blow up, perhaps if you feed her too much? :lol

Awntawn

Shearie said:
Dude don't lie! I SAW YOU in that one Halo thread talkin mad shit........

But seriously, we can all be friendly to permutated for having a dumb opinion. It's not his fault he thinks the way he does. I'm sure he had a horrible upbringing with terribly unloving parents. This is actually a tragic story being told right before our eyes.
He had loved ones who were killed in action, crushed beneath a fat princess while trying to rescue her from an enemy castle ;'(

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
BUAHAHAHAHHAHA, everyone read the IGN preview. Sweet mother of all that is sacred, day 1. The preview had me giggling all the way through. Seriously the concept will sell you. Too cute yet so awesome.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
The builder class adds a layer of strategy I wasn't really expecting:

When the round began, we picked up the builder hat -- changing classes is an instantaneous process that just requires you to pick up that class' hat -- and ran to the front entrance. We already had some wood in our inventory and we whipped up some doors for the base so that the blue guys couldn't just run in. That took a second, and then we jogged out, chopped down some trees, and deposited the wood in a chest inside. Next, we assembled a cauldron so the base had fire, switched to the archer hat, and began firing flaming arrows at the incoming bad guys.

Edit: There should be a baker/chef class :lol

Pimpwerx

My love/hate relationship with PSN continues. I love games like this. My PSN collection is full of great games. I just hate that there's not more of it. We definitely need more rpgs on there. PEACE.

Dead Man

Holy shit... this looks awesome. I haven't bought anything from PSN yet ( I know, I know) but this would seriously tempt me.

idahoblue said:
Holy shit... this looks awesome. I haven't bought anything from PSN yet ( I know, I know) but this would seriously tempt me.

Dude, really?

REALLY?

SSHD and all the booster packs.
Pixel Junk Monsters.

...nao.

(I know, I know)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Between "Fat Princess" and "The Last Guy", vortex of bizarre awesomeness has been created that is threatening the order of all things known.

Reading the title on IGN that says "Fat Princess: Hands-on" made me look behind to see if the boss is behind my back!

GodofWine

Sony needs to run advertising for PSN games...expose the mass to the masses!!!! A montage commercial of Pain / Fat P / Elephunk = score.

Wolf Gang

Banned
This game is why the PS3 had no good game before Metal Gear Solid 4, and may not again until God of War 3 or Metal Gear Solid 5.

Sony is spending too much time, resources, and money on stupid, piece of shit, PSN games.

Games I've wasted money on:
  1. PixelJunk Monsters - WTF, no online co-op? Does Media Molecule need to bitch slap Cuthbert? This is a network title, is it not?
  2. That retarded ass David Jaffe game I can't even remember the name to because I played it once and deleted it off my hard drive.
  3. Everyday Shooter - WTF, don't make a music game if the music fucking sucks.

Demos I've downloaded that don't inspire me for shit:
  1. Super Stardust HD - Underneath all the pretty lights, this is just Asteroids on steroids.
  2. Echochrome - OMG, so much white! IT'S TOO BRIGHT. Game plays like shit too.
  3. PixelJunk Racers - What a bunch of retarded shit. Are they making games for people who ride the special bus now?

Raistlin

Wolf Gang said:
This game is why the PS3 had no good game before Metal Gear Solid 4, and may not again until God of War 3 or Metal Gear Solid 5.

Sony is spending too much time, resources, and money on stupid, piece of shit, PSN games.

1. PixelJunk Monsters - WTF, no online co-op? Does Media Molecule need to bitch slap Cuthbert? This is a network title, is it not?
  2. That retarded ass David Jaffe game I can't even remember the name to because I played it once and deleted it off my hard drive.

1. Super Stardust HD - Underneath all the pretty lights, this is just Asteroids on steroids.
  3. PixelJunk Racers - What a bunch of retarded shit. Are they making games for people who ride the special bus now?

Quite possibly ... 2008's 'Fail of the Year' post.

Bravo

le.phat

Wolf Gang said:

I'm dying to know what kind of games you love, but that would mean i'd have to read more of your mindrotting posts, so i think i'll just block you and try to save whats left of my brain D:

Indeed

Wolf Gang said:

2dmioaf.jpg

RoH

Wolf Gang said:

Go find a cliff and walk off it!

P.S. Make sure its very very deep

besada

Banned
This game looks fantastic. 32 people rolling a fat princess around and slaughtering each other. It's basically CTF with the cute turned up to 11.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Bulla564 said:
I get a princess, I feed her cake, she gets insanely fat and gets carried away...

It's the story of my life.
:( hang in there, I'm sure you'll find a nice fat princess of your own.

anddo0

Wolf Gang said:

[/LIST]

EPIC FAIL

Everyday Shooter crappy music? Holy hell:lol

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Wolf Gang said:
Non-sense
If you are going to make a post like that at least try to put games people dont love. lol you're hilarious and people like you should be humiliated and stoned.... well maybe not the latter part.

Quixzlizx

Wolf Gang said:

:lol (I'm laughing at you, not with you)

Autofokus

Wolf Gang said:

20rlbae.png

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Wolf Gang said:

since you don't like any of the psn games, blame nintendo slick.

sony and microsoft are having to tend to "casual" gamers now.

Ourobolus

Banned
Oh, I can't wait. The premise of the game sounds absolutely nutty, but i can imagine having a ton of fun with this.

Although, I do wonder how heavy they make the princess (yes, I see that you can feed her), but I wonder how long it would take you to get her back.

Also, any chance of "Red/Blue Fat Princess is returned" or "Red/Blue team has the Fat Princess?"

DeathNote said:
since you don't like any of the psn games, blame nintendo slick.

sony and microsoft are having to tend to "casual" gamers now.

You're both wrong. This game and a game like Castle Crashers, say, show you can do both simultaneously.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
sonicmj1 said:
Title is terrible, but it looks really fun. Do want to consider.

The title is what caught my attention in the first place. and im glad it did!

Top Bottom