• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| Excalibur in your pocket

EwNP53L.png

Warning: This OP is sort of dated and I'm too busy and lazy to bring it up to date. For up to date information on events, dailies and mechanics please refer to the Fate/Grand Order Wiki and the latest discussions in this thread.

• What is this junk?
Fate/Grand Order is a Japanese mobile F2P RPG released on Android and iOS during summer 2015. You build your own party of characters from the Fate/Stay Night universe through the magic of every vile F2P mechanic you can come up with.

• Why make a thread about vile F2P trash mobage?

I find the battle system surprisingly engaging. Let me explain.
You have three attack types

• Quick - A weak attack that generates Critical Stars on hit. Those greatly increase your chances for a critical on the next turn
  • Arts - A medium attack that fills your NP gauge
  • Buster - Your strongest attack

On each turn you get 5 attack cards which are randomly drawn from your party's total set of 15. You choose the sequence of three cards that you find best suited for the turn at hand. There's several things to think about here.

• Your attacks will rise in damage - thus it might be best to leave your most damaging moves to the end while generating Critical Stars or NP meter on the first ones
  • Changing targets - if you line up attacks from a single character while an enemy is near death they'll keep whacking on them even after they're dead. Thus, if you think you'll kill an enemy with your first attack you'll want to line up the next attacks with a different character as they will attack the next target.
  • Spells do not count as a separate turn. Before pressing the big blue Attack button make sure you have your desired buffs and spells at a state you're okay with.
  • Lining up three attacks of the same kind grant different bonuses.
  • Lining up three attacks from the same character grants a bonus fourth attack.
  • Once one of your characters' Noble Phantasm gauge is full, a new sixth card will be available on top of the five. It will remain there until you use it or the corresponding character dies.
  • THINK HARD before tapping on the attack button or any attack cards - you can not undo any choices here.
  • Class triangles

• What's around the battle system?

The main game is a story presented in visual novel form taking you from battle to battle around Fuyuki and other important places and times in the Fateverse. Of course the story is written in Japanese so I really don't have a clue what's going on.

You level up your characters in various ways. You save up Saint Quartz to pull new characters and buff cards through the game's gacha mechanic. There's daily quests and all sorts of stuff to do.

---------------------------------

Sideloading isn't that shady. Either use QooApp to manage the downloads for you or find and APK hosting site that hosts an up to date version of FayGO (because it updates extremely frequently)

Do I need a reroll to start playing this game?
The metagame isn't deep enough where a 5* is required to begin (yet). Note that you cannot roll a 5* servant from the tutorial roll.

Also note that 5* servants are absurdly rare in general
https://mobile.twitter.com/haga_1/status/630437722444795908

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Do we even know the story? Last i heard, people keep talking about Lancer Arturia and other crazy stuff. Where is all this coming from?

Azusa

Such unlimited loading works. I cant open main quest, its loading and loading. I have tried to restart the app twice, didn't help.

Shiokazu

Do we even know the story? Last i heard, people keep talking about Lancer Arturia and other crazy stuff. Where is all this coming from?

theres this grand order organization that protects and helps humanity evolution, something go bad in their magical science laboratory, everyone gets rekt but a few guise, they are sent to look on the matter, turns out they are being taken to numerous seihais around the world and time/space.

remember tho, that this game also explores all servants possibilities, so if arturia can wield a spear well enough to be remembered by, in case of it being a random summon, or a catalyst summon using that spear, I think its possible to arturia come as a lancer.

but oh well its type-moon, jack the ripper is a loli with slipping panties.

Azusa

I have one unused pre-registration promo code for Saber Lily. Maybe someone wants her? Don't know if she is good but its Saber.

MSMrRound

Leveling's a drag and I keep getting crappy craft essences and black keys from quartz pulls.

I heard supposedly there's a Sunday event which gives quite a bit of Master exp?

I have one unused pre-registration promo code for Saber Lily. Maybe someone wants her? Don't know if she is good but its Saber.
Tempting but worth noting that she's not too good. I think that code gives 8 Saint Quartz as well.

tumblr_inline_nsr7pxupF41rc9cop_500.png

Super low stats. Much like red Archer.

Leveling's a drag and I keep getting crappy craft essences and black keys from quartz pulls.

I find that it's only worth doing pulls in these games when there's an event going on with a decent guaranteed drop. Currently there's one for a guaranteed 4 star if you pull 10 at once.

Deosier

I heard supposedly there's a Sunday event which gives quite a bit of Master exp?

Yup, i believe the exp gains were 1k, 8k, and 34k.
Don't get spooked by Kirei.

Deosier

All those Keys, Kirei is pleased.
Remember to say Don't Spook me Kirei! on your next roll.

Oh man Rome is painful, the REGEND is getting defeated.

Is there any point in keeping the trash servants around or do I just burn them? Don't even want to feed them for exp since they barely give any. :V

Also what's the deal with Jeanne anyway? Does the Ruler class have any benefits I'm not aware of other than just like Shielder she's not weak to any other class' attacks.

Deosier

Is there any point in keeping the trash servants around or do I just burn them? Don't even want to feed them for exp since they barely give any. :V

Also what's the deal with Jeanne anyway? Does the Ruler class have any benefits I'm not aware of other than just like Shielder she's not weak to any other class' attacks.

Burn trash for whatever little QP you get.

Ruler just got highest HP, no class weakness, and Jeanne got that great NP.

Azusa

Finished chapter 0(?) and got unexpected quality animation.

Very good opening for mobage.

EDIT:
OMG 10 crystals for chapter completion? Yes, please. Rolled another batch and finally got two new servants: 4* and 3*. Better than nothing.

At 50 quartz right now. Think I'm gonna collect more for when the next batch of characters is added. Want that Gil and new Lancer.

Deosier

Finished chapter 0(?) and got unexpected quality animation.

Very good opening for mobage.

EDIT:
OMG 10 crystals for chapter completion? Yes, please. Rolled another batch and finally got two new servants: 4* and 3*. Better than nothing.

Enjoy those 10 crystals...won't happen again.

Azusa

Maintenance is over. New event is live!

http://typemoon.com/news/2015/bqdsnb

■ August 19 (Wed) 16:00 to August 22 (Sat) 13:59 [Assassin]
Beginner clear reward: Sasaki Kojirou (Assassin) 1★
Intermediate clear reward: 1 saint quartz
Advanced clear reward: 1 saint quartz, 1 infinity gear (※)

■ August 22 (Sat) 14:00 to August 25 (Tue) 13:59 [Rider]
Beginner clear reward: Saint George (Rider) 2★
Advanced clear reward: 1 saint quartz, 1 meteoric horseshoe (※)

■ August 25 (Tue) 14:00 to August 28 (Fri) 13:59 [Caster]
Beginner clear reward: Shakespeare (Caster) 2★
Advanced clear reward: 1 saint quartz, 1 forbidden page (※)

■ August 28 (Fri) 14:00 to August 31 (Mon) 13:59 [Lancer]
Beginner clear reward: Leonidas (Lancer) 2★
Advanced clear reward: 1 saint quartz, 1 meteoric horseshoe (※)

■ August 31 (Mon) 14:00 to September 3 (Thu) 13:59 [Archer]
Beginner clear reward: Arash (Archer) 1★
Advanced clear reward: 1 saint quartz, 1 infinity gear (※)

■ September 3 (Thu) 14:00 to September 6 (Sun) 13:59 [Saber]
Beginner clear reward: 1 summon ticket
Advanced clear reward: 1 saint quartz, 1 homunculus baby (※)

■ September 6 (Sun) 14:00 to September 9 (Wed) 13:59 [Berserker]
Beginner clear reward: 1 summon ticket, 100,000 QP (※)
Advanced clear reward: 1 saint quartz, 1 forbidden page (※)

Damn this game is hard as shit. Still only halfway through France.

I dread the day the level 70 Jeanne I have in my friends list removes me and my useless level 27 Archer.

You're not getting me again gaf you're not! I spent so much time and money on One Piece TC, I farmed Zeff for days and messed up my sleep schedule for that damn turtle time. Never again.

Sukospin

Started this today! Got Ushi (Rider) for my starter. Don't know if that's good or not, but I'll stick with it.

Friend ID: 958821588

Top Bottom