• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Rex.

Banned
It's worth limit breaking the Halloween Princess CE btw, especially if you don't have a Kaleidoscope or an Imaginary Element CE. Limit break: Increases NP Damage by 20%.
Unit starts battle with 50% NP gauge.

RSchmitz

It's worth limit breaking the Halloween Princess CE btw, especially if you don't have a Kaleidoscope or an Imaginary Element CE. Limit break: Increases NP Damage by 20%.
Unit starts battle with 50% NP gauge.

If you don't LB it's only 30% starting NP gauge and NP damage by 15%.
I like at least 50% starting NP because Waver can fill it right away.
I don't have Kaleido either, I get away with LB Dragon's Meridian so it will be very useful to me.

giphy.gif

Stupid imgur
Just look at it here
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/75dg7t/the_only_tier_list_ill_ever_need/

elty

I am doomed. My only lv90 Kintoki friend unfriend me. I always use him for the 40AP daily since his NP can hit for 150K.

Pejo

Gold Member

There we go, my 3rd level 90 character. Also got Mary & Anne to 3rd ascension. Their NP is absolutely deadly to caster bosses. I'm sure that will be handy sooner or later. Also got Blackbeard ascended for those pages.

Next sword xp cards will go to Saber Alter, next rider cards to get M&A to 70, and zerker cards still going into Kintoki. I needed this xp ember event so badly.

Strimei

Bit earlier than I expected but looking forward to it. And with the amount of quartz I have saved up, figure I can budget some for a 10-roll or two for Tamamo.

Fingers crossed!

Grazzt

Did the daily 3 times because I just leveled up. Got one claw and one crystal, I'm happy.
Now focus on hoarding exp cards.

Edit: My fastest exp card farming method: Bring Herc and Lancelot, preferably above 70.
Wave 1: Clear it in normal ways.
Wave 2: Use the star drop rate up buff from Master spells on Lancelot, use his NP, get 50+ stars.
Wave 3: 100% crit chance on all cards, 1 hit 1 kill.

Laiza

I was not expecting it that early. It's been such a turnaround in terms of getting content since Okeanos launched.
Well, that downtime was specifically just to line us up with the JP schedule.

From here on out we're not going to have any more droughts of that length. Every month is going to have *some* kind of update or major event. Halloween this month, GudaGuda next month, then Christmas and London in December, etc., etc.

Any more lengthy downtime like that would just put us behind JP and that would defeat the purpose entirely, heh. Thank goodness it's all behind us now.

Kenai

When was the Scalatch rate up banner again? I wish fluffy tail-pullers luck, but she's like the only decent 5 star lancer til next summer or so, and she's limited, so she's the only really interest of mine before the holidays. I may use a few SQ to try (and fail, but still) but that'd be about it.

wilstreak

Can anyone explain why Kintoki is so damn strong?

I have lv 80 Vlad but Lv 80 Kintoki is like 2 times stronger.
and yet Appmedia give Vlad 8/10 score while Sakata only 4.5/10

By the way, which one is more preferrable for general content? Tamamo or Scathach. Both my best lancer and caster are Cu and Hans/Medea respectively.

Kenai

And yet Appmedia give Vlad 8/10 score while Sakata only 4.5/10

Vlad has a few Interludes that make him stronger that aren't in NA yet. That and since he has so many Arts cards + a crit gen NP he turns into a machine with the right team (namely Waver or Merlin + TamMae).

Kintoki is strong but he's almost completely outclassed by higher tier Berserkers like CuAlter and Minamoto. Vlad's thing is his own thing (and it's strong) so he's rated high cause of that.

And yet Appmedia give Vlad 8/10 score while Sakata only 4.5/10

Appmedia's Meme Tier List is based on JP which is 2 years ahead of us.

It's called the Meme Tier List for a reason.

Basically if your front 3 aren't Merlin, Waver, and Jalter you're garbage in the eyes of Appmedia.

Now that I got that out of the way, the reason is this:

Vlad is one of the best Servants to use in Arts teams. Put him in there with Waver and Medea or Tamamo and just have him spam Kazikli Bey until Vlad is out of guts to spill all over the boss or the boss is dead. He also has a Def Up and Battle Continuation which lets him stay alive longer to spam his NP more.

Kintoki's claim to fame is that he can charge one NP really fast and make it hit like a truck. This is fine if your goal is to kill the boss of the 40 AP Expert daily. However his utility drops dramatically when faced with an actual boss with 1 million HP, because he'll hit the boss hard once and then die.

If I had a choice between 5* Kintoki and 4* Heracles, I would always choose Herc 100% hands down. Herc can live forever and ever and keep dishing out the pain with his Evade skill, Battle Continuation, and if you get him to Bond 10 he can die 3 more times before he dies. This still isn't the canonical 12 times he needs to be killed but it's A LOT. That's why Herc could solo Demon King Goetia (this is a story spoiler link) and there's no way in hell Vlad or Kintoki could do that. Illya is right, Herc really is the world's strongest and I would take him over almost any other Berserker.

wilstreak

Vlad has a few Interludes that make him stronger that aren't in NA yet. That and since he has so many Arts cards + a crit gen NP he turns into a machine with the right team (namely Waver or Merlin + TamMae).

Kintoki is strong but he's almost completely outclassed by higher tier Berserkers like CuAlter and Minamoto. Vlad's thing is his own thing (and it's strong) so he's rated high cause of that.

Oh, so if i have Vlad, it will be better if I can get Tamamo (vs Scatach or Mordred)?

Currently have 189 SQ, maybe i should go all out for her.

Thank you

Now that I got that out of the way, the reason is this:

Vlad is one of the best Servants to use in Arts teams. Put him in there with Waver and Medea or Tamamo and just have him spam Kazikli Bey until Vlad is out of guts to spill all over the boss or the boss is dead. He also has a Def Up and Battle Continuation which lets him stay alive longer to spam his NP more.

Thank you for the explanation.

By Medea, do you mean Medea 3 star servant?

Oh yeah, since 3 star servant max level is at 70, if i gave them grail and they reach lv 90, "in general" does that makes them as strong as 5*.
Or they will still fall short in stat compared to original 5* servant

Laiza

Oh yeah, since 3 star servant max level is at 70, if i gave them grail and they reach lv 90, "in general" does that makes them as strong as 5*.
Pretty much no 3* will ever have stats as high as a 5*, even at level 100. The highest-statted 3*s cap out at around 10.5k Atk, vs 5*s starting around that number and going up from there.

Thank you for the explanation.

By Medea, do you mean Medea 3 star servant?

Yes, I mean 3* Medea. Check out her skills:

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Medea

You'll probably have her at NP5 soon if you don't already because she comes from FP rolls. So she's there for 2 reasons: she helps Vlad charge his NP, and she also constantly spams her own NP. Waver's there to help with charging NP's too and also buffing Vlad.

You aren't typically taking Medea to be the primary damage dealer, that's Vlad's job. But she's spamming away with her Rule Breaker so you can Grail her if you want. Grailed 3* definitely falls short of 5* in straight up stats. That being said, it's just not necessary unless you really like the Princess of Colchis. The saying that you Grail your waifu, not to min/max power level is a generally true statement.

Of course if you do roll Tamamo then you're pretty set. Waver, Tamamo, Vlad is one of the classic Arts teams and will not let you down very often.

T-Rex.

Banned
Oh, so if i have Vlad, it will be better if I can get Tamamo (vs Scatach or Mordred)?

Currently have 189 SQ, maybe i should go all out for her.
It would if you want to build an arts team, but if you prefer Scathach or Mordred to Tamamo then go for them.
Roll for everyone

and yet Appmedia give Vlad 8/10 score while Sakata only 4.5/10

By the way, which one is more preferrable for general content? Tamamo or Scathach. Both my best lancer and caster are Cu and Hans/Medea respectively.

Keep in mind that the 5* and 4* ranking in the Appmedia list is heavily based on whatever the most recent set of hard event bosses happened to be in JP FGO.

Like, Jeanne just jumped up from 7.5 to 9.5 because she contributed a lot to survival during Nerofest 2017 boss fights. However, Nerofest 2017 is now over and you can't do any of those fights anymore!

Tamamo is very powerful as support for an arts servant like Vlad, but that kind of support is really more for bosses than general content (since she can only boost one target's arts).

Scathach is pretty strong, but keep in mind that she's better when put with a star generator. She wants to deal crit damage but can't really get stars by herself.

Kieli

Is there any way to roll back the art on the servant cards? Some of the 4th ascensions don't look as good as the 3rd or lower.

T-Rex.

Banned
Is there any way to roll back the art on the servant cards? Some of the 4th ascensions don't look as good as the 3rd or lower.
Yup, I always mix and match. Click the card icon (from the spirit origin list menu or support setup etc) and then swipe left or right on the card art.

chrono01

I have Gilgamesh and no Vlad, so Scathach is at a higher priority for me when compared to Tamamo, but I still want her 'cause she's cute. I won't go too crazy for her though, since she's a common character and I'll have those guaranteed pulls to do (in which case, I might get her there).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why is everyone hard for Sathach when you have Tamamo no Mae???

OVDRobo

No hearts for Halloween? Damn. Going to take forever to get my Altera to max Ascension at this rate. You'd think the blackened heart of an otherworldly god would fit the Halloween aesthetic, but maybe not with the cupcakes, toy bats and cutesy CE art.

Scathach is pretty good. Probably the best lancer now that I consider it. Not going to pull for her though. London and the new year has too many good potential servants I'm more interested in.

I hope they still have Halloween 2017.

My body is ready for Archer Elizabeth.

Then Rider Elizabeth for 2018.

Then Assassin Elizabeth for 2019. Berserker for 2020, Shielder for 2021, Ruler for 2022, Avenger for 2023, Mooncaster for 2024, Alterego for 2025.

Let's do this!

Edit:

Seeing Rider and Lancer Medusa is weird and awesome. Why didn't I do this earlier?

I'm fine with that as long as it isn't named "Santa Alter Lily".

They could have cut out that stupid name if they went with Jeane Loli instead. Loli is just a few letters away from Lily anyways.

I'm fine with that as long as it isn't named "Santa Alter Lily".

They could have cut out that stupid name if they went with Jeane Loli instead. Loli is just a few letters away from Lily anyways.
There's probably some weird internal reason they went with lily. Probably just because there is a Saber Lily and she's younger Artoria honestly.

The whole point is the joke of tacking on a bunch of superfluous variant names. JDASL forgets the order of her titles at one point and flubs up introducing herself.

aitakute

I hope they still have Halloween 2017.

My body is ready for Archer Elizabeth.

Then Rider Elizabeth for 2018.

Then Assassin Elizabeth for 2019. Berserker for 2020, Shielder for 2021, Ruler for 2022, Avenger for 2023, Mooncaster for 2024, Alterego for 2025.

Let's do this!

Edit:

Seeing Rider and Lancer Medusa is weird and awesome. Why didn't I do this earlier?

Too bad. This year is the last chapter of her Halloween story. No more Eli next year

Mupod

Halloween announced. 17th October.

3 free Saint Quartz for hitting the Like/Share milestone this time.

not surprising considering when the current stuff ends but thank god. Holding back from the gacha since day 1 is gonna make me explode.

Still have some quartz to get too, I was surprised how long Okeanos is. I tried to power through it this weekend while I was visiting family and I'm only on part 11 (also doing free quests along the way).
now watch me fail to get Tamamo with 450 quartz/50 tickets and then Unknown Soldier will get her on his first try.

Yayate

Merlin is a Buster support. That's why he's so broken, because Buster cards are the strongest.

Here's a very late response, but Merlin is also the best Arts support in the game, and also the best Quick support in the game. He is all around the best support in the game in every situation.

Calling him a Buster support is a bit incorrect just because the only support he doesn't outclass into obscurity is Jeanne.

Anyway, finally getting my Saber Alter up now that I got her pieces and monuments. Now I juuust need a truckload of hearts and talons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom