• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Beer?

BANGS

Banned
I'm an IPA fan myself. My current favorite is Elysian Space Dust
img_4831.jpg
Love me some space dust. Pretty damn good for a "you can find it at the grocery store/711" type beer...

Catphish

Guinness, but it makes me fart like hell.
Heineken when I want that great beer taste, without the room-clearing after-effect.

Winchester

Was working on this yesterday. Just fantastic stuff:

2018_delicious_overview.jpg

Really, if you like IPA's, Stone has a ton of good ones. Their IPA variety pack this year is extremely solid:

gro_pid_4010755_j.jpg

BANGS

Banned
Was working on this yesterday. Just fantastic stuff:

2018_delicious_overview.jpg

Really, if you like IPA's, Stone has a ton of good ones. Their IPA variety pack this year is extremely solid:

gro_pid_4010755_j.jpg
LMFAO, I literally just finished off the last of this variety pack last night. It was a slightly different one though with a different double IPA and an imperial IPA I believe. Once again just like Space Dust, very, VERY good for a "you can get it at Target" type of beer...

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Modelo Especial with a lime

i love Mexican beer. feels like everything else fails to agree with me.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Finally found the picture I took of the beer i had at CD Projekt Red's behind closed doors at E3 both in 2012 and '13

25s4yv9.jpg

It is almost the New Year so I decided to bump this thread to celebrate before the inevitable party!

Ever since I went to my local Brewery's Tour, I appreciate Ales far more than Lager and the process behind it.

My absolute favourite is from Robinsons called the Dizzy Blonde. (Sorry for the lack of Image)

It tastes pretty light but has a nice taste to it and shouldn't get you too drunk as the ABV for it is only 3.8% compared to other Ales.

It's Gold in Colour and can be considered pretty fizzy but doesn't feel heavy when drank.

I recommend it for anyone who are into Ales themselves and it supports one of the last Family Run Ale Businesses in England!

Last edited:

KRAai

lately i am really fond of that one

Biervilt_Echt_Kriekenb._4.jpg

"Echt Kriekenbier (real cherry beer)" is, as the name suggests, a cherry beer that is manufactured with only the real fruit of cherries instead of with flavor enhancers or extracts of cherries. The fruit is sourced from the region around Sint-Truiden in Limburg (Belgium). Unlike the most famous fruit beers is the basic beer of the "real cherry beer" not a Lambic but a West-Flemish red-brown ale aged in oak wood. About mid-July at the picking, the Northern cherries are brought in at the brewery and laid in on the base beer. Because the taste of the cherry fruit varies from year to year and this according to the number of hours of sunshine or rain, the kriekenbier at its final composition is blended with cherry beer from the year before and two-year old cherry beer. This is intented to have a a more constant taste of the "real cherry beer" over the years.
  • Type of beer : Traditional Cherry beer
  • Color : red
  • Fermentation : mixed fermentation
  • Alcohol : alc. 6.8 % vol.
  • Wort extract : 16 Hl°Plato
  • Packaging, bottles : 25cl, 33cl, 75cl
  • Packaging, kegs : 15l, 30l

ramuh

Lived in Germany, been around the world. I'll be honest, I'll take a Coors light, in Colorado, over most beers. I like Hazy's as well. New England IPAs. Yum.

badasstion

Neo Member
https://i.imgtc.com/yhKGEKP.jpg

Odell Brewery out of Ft Collins makes THE best brews I've ever had. Idk what it is that puts them so far ahead of the competition, imo. Their beers are just flavorful and delicious and taste the way beer should. I've never been on the whole IPA bandwagon but theirs is in a league of its own.

ramuh

https://i.imgtc.com/yhKGEKP.jpg

Odell Brewery out of Ft Collins makes THE best brews I've ever had. Idk what it is that puts them so far ahead of the competition, imo. Their beers are just flavorful and delicious and taste the way beer should. I've never been on the whole IPA bandwagon but theirs is in a league of its own.

I'm moving back to CO next Summer, can't wait. I think overall, I like Avery Brewing the best for my rando beers in Co. Everything is good tho! There is this 8 minute pour (takes 8 minutes to pour the beer in the stein) that is served at Coors Field that I like. (Go cheap rockpile seats)

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
There's a new contender. Ballast Point Victory at Sea Imperial Porter with Coffee and Vanilla

TwBer7L.png

It's rich, chocolatey, malty, and charred. The coffe tastes great, and the vanilla sneaks up in little hints when you least expect it. The base porter is really, really good, but the fact that the coffee flavor is good too and they didn't overdo it with the vanilla puts this stuff at the top of my list. I don't even care that it's kind of expensive, I'm keeping this stuff stocked from now on.

elCT

Neo Member
I am blessed to live in Lithuania which has more award-winning beers than any other country, even than Germany. One day I found myself enjoying non-alcoholic beer more than the usual one: tastes just like normal beer, does no harm to my health. How cool is that? These are my two favorites so far.
photo-2018-12-17-15-55-50.jpg
photo-2018-12-17-15-56-01.jpg

nemiroff

Gold Member
I like local microbrewed unfiltered and non-pasteurized beer.the most. Other than that I like to drink something different every week. Sometimes stout, sometimes wit, sometimes ale, etc.

The Skull

Anything Brew Dog, although I do love Elvis Juice. Delirium Tremens is also a very good shout and a staple for me. I've been fortunate enough to visit the tremens bar in Amsterdam and Beligum and just spent an entire day with friends going through their excessive list of every type of beer. A must if you're ever in either place.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Modelo Especial. with lemon juice preferred. i'm drinking one right now.

modelocervezaespecial12oz__38661.1351002861.1280.1280.jpg

i love Mexican beer. i love Mexican food. there is a lot about the culture i love.

this woman i kinda used to date made the most incredible cheap michelada drink ever, using Tecate, hot sauce, soy sauce, salt, and lemon. it was incredible.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
It's this one:

Scottish Ale from Belhaven Brewery in Scotland. It's like a Guinness, but lighter and creamier.

They've updated the branding recently -- I remember it looking like the below, but I assume it's the same stuff.

8817451270174.png

Wish I could find it anywhere around here. :(

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
Bank's Sunbeam. Possibly an obscure choice but it's lovely.

I don’t have a single favorite beer. I tend to like beweries, Harpoon and Revelover I love.

The best beer I have ever had though was Praire Artisan Ales’ Bomb! It is the closest I have had to a perfect beer. Wonderful flavor, great thickness, high ABV, it is also just a one and done drink too.
image_12e7d206-3801-4d15-a46a-82dedf73bdc2.jpg

HyGogg

Banned
I usually try new beers. I have some I'll revisit often but no single go-to.

My overall favorite is probably Rochefort 10, a Belgian strong/quad ale. It's pricey(ish) and only comes a la carte in small bottles so it's not like a session beer or something O get all the time but it's so good.

joombo

Banned
Hard to choose only one. I found cool store to order beer in Calgary online at affordable prices so now I can try new beers on a regular basis. I like to try smth new. Just ordered 15 cans of Alberta Genuine Draft only for $21.

2008e9b574.png

Last edited:

Woffls

BrewDog Tokyo*
Rochefort 10
Kasteel Barista
something by Allendale
Courage Director's bitter

I'm sure I've had some that I prefer, but I just can't remember this stuff.

mekes

verzet-super-noah-33-cl.jpg

Super Noah in the winter. Just a Peroni or neck oil in the summer. More of an old fashioned (cocktail) drinker when I go out.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I like how the Märzen says fresh but comes in a green bottle, disgusting skunky stuff if imported.
Drink from a different Deutsche Brauerei.
What are you even talking about? 😂
Those small bottles are for local consumption, while larger bottles (0,5 liter) are brown.
The littles export they do is done in cans.
Also this is Austrian beer and one of the most popular brands which isn't part of the Brewery Union.

HP_Unsere_Biere_Hopfenko_nig_325x580px.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom