• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Beer?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Modela Especial. im partial to Mexican beers. give me a Modelo w a lime wedge and a basket of chips w queso and i am set. heaven on earth.

one time I was dating this woman who made a killer Michelada. it was this special mix she had, of Tecate, lime, salt, hot sauce, and soy sauce. it was maybe the best beer i have ever drank in life.

not a fan of fruity beers, IPA, craft crap, etc. maybe some German stuff like Guiness as a rich treat but in general i like to keep it light.

Last edited:

Ellis

I do like a nice pint of Guinness ( with blackcurrant ), but since I'm always driving, I just end up having shandy most of the time. As long as it isn't Carling.

C4lukin2

Banned
I really enjoy Warsteiner Dunkel. That is my go to, but not so common that you can expect it at your local grocery store.

Coors lite is my cheap, I am going to drink 24 of these tonite beer.

Budweiser straight up is my favorite dark US Lager, and Coors Lite is the best lite beer lager.

But it is like comparing McDonalds and Burger Spring. That Austrian amusement park. You know it.... Right?

G-Bus

Banned
Hard to pick a favorite. One that's always on the back of my mind when I'm drinking craft beer is Pale Death by Double Mountain brewing. Love me a good IPA. It being an imperial just means I don't have to drink as many.

Been drinking a lot of Guinness as of late. Certain beer really doesn't agree with me anymore and I haven't figured out what it is yet. Guinness is good though.

Also a lot of Jameson's whiskey. A lot.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Melon Melon 's thread made remember this one.

Who likes Strongbow? I have to admit, the Rosé Strongbow really gets me nice and calm and tastes better than almost all other apple ales.

I'm drinking a can of it tonight when I get home. I need it!

lMniIMC.jpg

Last edited:

IKSTUGA

Punk IPA, Brooklyn lager, Staropramen lager, Olvi A Export etc. I like basically everything but some of those darker beers and Budweiser (literally tastes like water).

Kev Kev

8818898829342.png

first time i tried this i was shocked beer could taste so good. ive had tons of better beers since then but this will always hold a special place in my favorite beers catalogue

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I love beer, but I try not too drink more than once or twice a week at most to keep it from affecting my health and weight.

Right now, my favorites are Samuel Adams' SAM '76:

sam-adams-sam-76-5.jpg

and Suntory's The Premium Malt's:

71anrEeBs-L._AC_SL1465_.jpg

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Ale: Double White
Wheat: Franziskaner
Pilsner: Stella Artois
Stout: Old Rasputin
IPA: fuck IPAs

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Sadly, Malts is impossible to get outside of Japan. It's a top 10 beer for me for sure though.

Yeah, it's frustrating that they have no distribution outside of Japan.

I'll usually pick up a few cases (including the somewhat new ale version) every time I'm in the country for work and am able to bring an extra suitcase!

Jacknapes

I'm very partial to a decent IPA, Tiny Rebel brews some fine IPA's ranging from light session ones to 7% ones. I do enjoy a fruity one, quite fond of one called Tropica. They also make a good Imperial stout i like as well.

I'm more into craft beers over the beverages readily available like Carling, Fosters etc. I'll drink them if they are the only ones available though.

appaws

Banned
These days I go for Dos Equis Amber...

dos-equis-amber_2000x.png

But like any true Chicagoan I grew up with:

When I go home I grab some, but of course I can't get it in Kentucky.

Top Bottom