• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Pokemon Type?

upandaway

Thinking about it more, I only like Fire best as a Pokemon type.

For move types, my favorite would be ghost or fighting.

For gym types, my favorite would be Electric easily.

Espresso

Banned
I remember annoying my classmates with Gengar and other ghosts. The moves' names escape me, but the one-two combo that puts the enemy to sleep and then attacks their dreams...they hated that.

Brickhunt

Fighting and Bug Types.
Fighting deserves an actual legendary besides these lame musketers.
Genesect is cool, but we need his original form and be bug type only.

Fighting, yo. Dat variety.

tumblr_lmedthOSLV1qg19dn.png

This man knows where it's at.

Ghost and steel are fine types too.

JulianImp

I really liked psychic-types. Back in Pokémon Stadium 1 I made a team full of psychics or other mons that could learn the psychic TM. I really liked Starmie back then.

But above all else is a tier of hand-picked mons I like regardless of their type: Dunsparce, Stunfisk, Shuckle, Venomoth, Spiritomb, Dugtrio, Aerodactyl, Qwilfish, the new fire anteater and the afro buffalo.

I beat everything up to the first elite four in Black 2 with a mono-ghost team some time ago (traded a Golett egg to myself after beating the first gym with my starter). It was amazing to see they had added achievement badges for doing mono-type E4 runs.

Mine used to be Water because of Squirtle and Blastoise.

Nowadays, I usually prefer Dark, Dragon, and Ghost types.

Deino's evolution tree in particular, is a favorite of mine after I discovered them during my playthrough in White.

633.png
634.png
635.png

Daingurse

I really liked psychic-types. Back in Pokémon Stadium 1 I made a team full of psychic types or other mons that could learn the psychic TM. I really liked Starmie back then.

But above all else is a tier of hand-picked mons I like regardless of their type: Dunsparce, Stunfisk, Shuckle, Venomoth, Spiritomb, Dugtrio, Aerodactyl, Qwilfish, the new fire anteater and the afro buffalo.

I beat everything up to the first elite four in Black 2 with a mono-ghost team some time ago (traded a Golett egg to myself after beating the first gym with my starter). It was amazing to see they had added achievement badges for doing mono-type E4 runs.

If the Poke could learn Psychic back in the day, then it was "the shit". So ironic that the only ghost types in gen 1 were also part Poison and had no decent Stab moves. Has me still scratching my head to this day. . .

Box

Fire. It's a reliable type with a lot of cool Pokemon.

However, I haven't particularly cared for most of the fire types in recent generations. I've still always picked the fire starter though and I'll probably choose Fennekin.

braves01

Banned
Bug. Even though kinda weak overall, I like their designs the best and I think there is room for more cool bug types that aren't lame like garbage or ice cream Pokemon.

Daingurse

Bug. Even though kinda weak overall, I like their designs the best and I think there is room for more cool bug types that aren't lame like garbage or ice cream Pokemon.

We still need a Bug/Fire ant Pokemon. Durant was pretty good, but Bug/Steel is getting really old. . .

Hydreigon is one of my favorite pokes period. We fucking needed King Ghidorah, we already had Godzilla!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m28sboupvD1qcb26uo1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

We also got Mothra and Hedorah in the form of Volcorona and Garbodor. Holy crap, was Gen V a good gen for Pokémon designs.

Ezalc

Hm I don't know that I have a favorite type. I tend to like pokemon of many different types/type combinations. I guess I lean a bit more to the water side of things seeing as most of my favorite starters are all water types. I'm also still waiting for a fully sized megalodon pokemon. Yeah yeah we have sharpedo but I want a full shark damn it not just the head. If there was a true "air" type in the game (flying doesn't count I don't care what anybody says) it would probably be that since air is still my favorite classical element. I wish there were more "air" moves in pokemon that didn't have to do with birds or something.

Daingurse

Hm I don't know that I have a favorite type. I tend to like pokemon of many different types/type combinations. I guess I lean a bit more to the water side of things seeing as most of my favorite starters are all water types. I'm also still waiting for a fully sized megalodon pokemon. Yeah yeah we have sharpedo but I want a full shark damn it not just the head. If there was a true "air" type in the game (flying doesn't count I don't care what anybody says) it would probably be that since air is still my favorite classical element. I wish there were more "air" moves in pokemon that didn't have to do with birds or something.

Haha, yes. Sharpedo is a bit on the short-side. Megalodon would be fantastic, So would Titanoboa.

LULZ. I like Arbok, wish he wasn't hot garbage. We need a good snake pokemon. What about a Fossil pokemon modeled after Titanoboa? Rock/Poison. Also a more traditional crocodilian poke, I really hate Krookodile.

titanoboa.jpeg

J@hranimo

Banned
Steel is my favorite. So many resistances to other strong types like psychic and dragon AND immunity to poison? To good! Also my favorite pokemon is Aggron.

Electric is a close second to my fav type too.

Brofield

I got Red version, chose Squirtle as my starter (and used the Bubblebeam TM on him immediately after beating Misty), but I absolutely love fire and ice types.

Ho-oh and Articuno are among my favourites.

Not gonna lie though up until the bug guy in the DPPt E4 I though the type rather weak and useless.

Although I'm honestly quite surprised we haven't had a T. Rex fossil Pokémon. Even if the typing would be ass, I'd love to see it with a fire/rock typing and a crown of flames in it's final evolutionary stage that flares up like the Cyndaquil line.

Daingurse

Steel is my favorite. So many resistances to other strong types like psychic and dragon AND immunity to poison? To good! Also my favorite pokemon is Aggron.

Electric is a close second to my fav type too.

I found that just straight up obscene. Posion was already pretty bad, that just made the type garbage. Poison being Super Effective against Fairy would be fucking poetic.

Normal and ghost. They're not so easy to handle as most other types. Bug has the most good-looking ones, but are unfortunately usually pretty weak.

Fighting is my least favorite. Hitmonlee's pretty cool though.

Ezalc

Although I'm honestly quite surprised we haven't had a T. Rex fossil Pokémon. Even if the typing would be ass, I'd love to see it with a fire/rock typing and a crown of flames in it's final evolutionary stage that flares up like the Cyndaquil line.

Rampardos is close enough to this.

Brickhunt

This might be of interest to you:

Also, I find it great that everyone's favorites are so diverse in this thread. Good job Game Freak!
I don't really believe in it. Kabutops is a Water/Rock type, not bug type. It should at least have Aqua Jet on it's moveset if it were a modified Kabutops.

Daingurse

I don't really believe in it. Kabutops is a Water/Rock type, not bug type. It should at least have Aqua Jet on it's moveset if it were a modified Kabutops.

Yeah I agree, not sold on that Kabutops theory. Genesect used to be some kind of prehistoric monster bug, who knows what it used to look like.

J@hranimo

Banned
I found that just straight up obscene. Posion was already pretty bad, that just made the type garbage. Poison being Super Effective against Fairy would be fucking poetic.

Yeah it is unfortunate that Poison hasn't been getting love the past few gens. I believe though that Gen 6 will be poison's buff like how Gen 5 was Bug's buff. If poison is super effective against fairy (if it's confirmed) then that would be awesome.
poison should've been super effective against water to begin

upandaway

It's really ridiculous because poison should be one of the craziest types in the game. There's acid that can melt steel, they could have made it super effective on steel for more balance.

If anything, Poison should be super effective against everything and immune to itself. Then it would be where it deserves to be, as the best offensive type.

Daingurse

It's really ridiculous because poison should be one of the craziest types in the game. There's acid that can melt steel, they could have made it super effective on steel for more balance.

If anything, Poison should be super effective against everything and immune to itself. Then it would be where it deserves to be, as the best offensive type.

For any One Piece fans out there, I just feel like Poison should have been much more threatening. Warden Magellan's Doku Doku no Mi(Poison Poison Fruit), is one of the most effective Paramecia fruits we've ever seen.

Luffy_Defeated_by_Magellan.png

For any One Piece fans out there, I just feel like Poison should have been much more threatening. Warden Magellan's Doku Doku no Mi, is one of the most effective Paramecia fruits we've ever seen.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130330195521/onepiece/images/e/ee/Luffy_Defeated_by_Magellan.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

He isn't as threatening once you realize that [spoiler]he got the crap kicked out of him by Mr. 2, who doesn't even have a combat Devil Fruit power.[/spoiler]

Actually, I think that by that logic Poison should be weak to Fighting ;P

Daingurse

He isn't as threatening once you realize that
he got the crap kicked out of him by Mr. 2, who doesn't even have a combat Devil Fruit power.

hehe, you could argue that. He fucked up Blackbeard and Luffy though lol.

Brickhunt

Yeah I agree, not sold on that Kabutops theory. Genesect used to be some kind of prehistoric monster bug, who knows what it used to look like.
At the very least, it was the top predatory species from the past. I would love to believe the cybernetic implants only went as far as adding the steel-type and adding the techno-blaster canon. I want to believe he already possessed 600 base stats before modification.

He isn't as threatening once you realize that
he got the crap kicked out of him by Mr. 2, who doesn't even have a combat Devil Fruit power.

I'm pretty sure he defeated Mr.2. He probably got overrun by the Blackbeard Pirates. Magellan's power was pretty good, too bad Oda took his power a little too far.
That demon made of spreading corrosive poison was pure bullshit. Stole Candle champion's Luffy rightful win.

PsionBolt

I judge pokemon primarily based on how they look, so every type has its ups and downs for me.

My first mono-type playthrough was all about Dark, and more recently, I did one for Water. They were fun.
In the tabletop game, I play a Type Ace: Flying, so they're cool too.

Top Bottom