• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite three logos from FINAL FANTASY series ?

Was viewing the series logos from this site: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Logos_of_Final_Fantasy

.... and I just kept admiring each one of them, almost all of the logos are fantastic and hard to dislike .

One of the most exciting things for me when SE reveal a new FF is the logo... because you can tell so much about the game from it.

They hold the key of the story in the most beautiful way .

My all time favorite FF logo is Versus XIII:

735px-Versus_logo.jpg

The colors is very beautiful and the art is magnificent .

I stare at the logo for long minutes trying to figure out the story.... because after all " The figure that still lies asleep in the Fantasy " ;-)

My 2nd most favorite logo is FFX:

664px-Ff10_logo.png

Just breathtaking.... Yuna dancing and sending the spirits away, it describe one of the most beautiful scenes in gaming... and one of the biggest keys of the game's story and world... a big part of Yuna personality .

They really nailed it with this logo.... the first time I saw it more than 10 years ago I was so fascinated by it.

and my 3rd favorite logo is FFVIII:

530px-Ff8_logo.png

This logo itself.... is one of the most romantic things I've ever saw, true classic and the best of the PS1 era.

I just adore the love story between Squall and Riona... how she changed his world forever, thinking about this makes me miss the center love story the series used to have with FFVIII and FFIX and FFX... they were really special and add so much deeper feelings to the game.

So many logos and almost all of them are charming... it's so hard to pick only 3 favorites between them but you have to :p.... so, which 3 are going to be and why?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
The one from FFXIII, Versus and Type-0 :D
Yep, I love the FNC!

Mael

Alucrid said:
[IMG ]http://www.ffshrine.org/ffxii/logos/ffxii-logo.jpg[/IMG]

Because judges are badass.
That and it's fucking GABRANTH!

My fav would probably be...FFII or FFVI
I kinda like the Emperor from 2 and well the magitech is awesome in VI.

Mael

TheJollyCorner said:
Hard to choose... but on a purely aesthetic level...

[ img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100805044602/finalfantasy/images/thumb/3/37/Ff8_logo.png/530px-Ff8_logo.png[/img]

[ img]http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/2245450.png[/img]

logo.jpg

Scratch what I said earlier, this Golbez is too awesome to be overlooked.

Cool thread. I really like 8 and 10, but vs13 isn't doing it for me. I agree that 12's is awesome. That vertical brushstroke in the back really completes the design.

756px-PSX_Logo_Beta_Trials.jpg

i really like how they tried so many different styles and placements. the final result is such a symbolic logo. simple and clean.

FF7logo.jpg

That old simple yet effective chesnut. I just have to take one look at it and I swell up with nostalgia and happy memories. Plus sometimes less is more, and that single image of the comet sums up FFVII's epic yarn in one full sweep.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
AC discussions aside, I really like what they've done to the FFVII's logo:
xEv4S.jpg

Granger Danger said:
FFXIII's is mindblowing once you

get to the ending and realize it was on the box all along

My thoughts exactly..... never though in a million years that it's
Fang and Vanille on the logo
:-(

I was shocked!!!!!

Keiician said:
AC discussions aside, I really like what they've done to the FFVII's logo:

Yeah... that was really brilliant :)

RomanticHeroX said:
IV. I mean, real IV. It has Kain, there's nothing more you need.

dbQ29.png

I agree with you man, Kain is probably the best non-MC character in the game. I also love this logo.

I like the new FFIV:DS version as well but if we're going for top logos I'd say:

1. FFXII
2. FFIV (Original)
3. FFVI

The Praiseworthy said:
My thoughts exactly..... never though in a million years that it's
Fang and Vanille on the logo
:-(

I was shocked!!!!!
Me too, my jaw was on the floor. And really ballsy too to just put it on the cover like that.

I'm anxious to see if they redesign VI's logo with any inevitable remake (i.e. FFIV).

My favorite long-running FF tradition: Yoshitaka Amano logos.

(I also wish there was a clear version of the original FFX logo that was shown during the Square Millenium Conference in January 2000... looked cool)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
8's is comically bad. Look at his face. Derp.

I'd have to go with 4, 12, and CC.

Edit- Scratch that, Ring of Fates was Good Art™.

DsWbW.jpg

JqRuC.jpg

Magnus

They're all so gorgeous. I'm honestly having a really tough time deciding. Literally one of the only things I've liked about the incessant abuse of the FF name (and insane number of FF releases in the 2000s) is the crazy output of Amano-esque (and otherwise) logos. They're all beautiful.

I think my favorites have to be XII/A2 (mmm Judges), FFX and Type-0.

I'm sure I have a decently large JPG of the original (beta?) FFX logo from 2000 somewhere on my home PC. I'll try and dig it up later, or at least search for it online now.

TheJollyCorner said:
I'm anxious to see if they redesign VI's logo with any inevitable remake (i.e. FFIV).

They redesigned FFI's twice, right? And once for II, III and IV, if I'm not mistaken. Did V get a redesign/new logo?

This thread reminded me how I think it's a damn shame that there hasn't been a single FF or other Square IP game that actually resembles Amano's art style.

And X is my favorite by far.

zruben

Banned
the mothereffing Magitek Armor wins.
Ff6-logo.jpg

not exactly a game, but I love this logo.
Ivalice_Alliance.jpg

I loved the art style of the Tactics games
Final_Fantasy_Tactics_Logo.png

Magnus said:
I'm sure I have a decently large JPG of the original (beta?) FFX logo from 2000 somewhere on my home PC. I'll try and dig it up later, or at least search for it online now.

That would be awesome.
The only time I can recall a main-line FF logo changing upon first showing.

They redesigned FFI's twice, right? And once for II, III and IV, if I'm not mistaken. Did V get a redesign/new logo?

No FFV redesign... yet.
I know with FFIV and V they did adjust the colors to be more bold and strengthen the logo image outlines for the portable releases, but that's the furthest extent of them.

Personally, I like the redesigns of FF1-4 more than the originals; especially when they made 1-3 coordinate more with the rest. Never crazy about that wild FF font back in the old days.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I don't have a favorite (tied between VI, VII and X) but XII's is the only one I actually dislike. Being just a simple full body Judge slapped on top of the game's name makes it feel uninspired and it's also unnecessarily huge. You could make a case about how it's supposed to show the Judge's oppression over the people or whatever but nah, they outright said in an interview they made it that big because they wanted more magazine exposure.

Q: Can you comment a bit on the Judge character He makes the logo very big.

Minaba: I thought the logo was big too.

Square Super PR Rep: (to the members of the press) It may be hard for you to use the logo as an image in your publication.

FF Expert: It may be hard to fit it on the box.

Minaba: It probably won't fit on the spine. However, by making the logo bigger we may get more exposure in game magazines.
Alternatively, FF Tactics A2 makes a much better use of the Judge. I wish they went for something like that with XII.

Fuu said:
I don't have a favorite (tied between VI, VII and X) but XII's is the only one I actually dislike. Being just a simple full body Judge slapped on top of the game's name makes it feel uninspired and it's also unnecessarily huge. You could make a case about how it's supposed to show the Judge's oppression over the people or whatever but nah, they outright said in an interview they made it that big because they wanted more magazine exposure.

Alternatively, FF Tactics A2 makes a much better use of the Judge. I wish they went for something like that with XII.

I completely agree with you..... and wow, their reason is so stupid :\

Top Bottom